Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #133512
View in linear mode

Subject: "White stuff in oil pan?" Previous topic | Next topic
KortrightMar-26-11 02:32 PM
Member since Mar 26th 2011
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133512, "White stuff in oil pan?"

My oil pan was leaking, so i dropped it to put a different gasket on and there was this white crap in the shallow part of the pan.

I read about people finding chocolate milkshake like oil when antifreeze mixes with it, but this was solid white, any ideas as to what this gunk could be?

Using Mobil 1 5w-30, fresh rebuilt motor

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorbullettdsmMar-27-11 02:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133519, "RE: White stuff in oil pan?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Kortright
this was solid white, any ideas as to what this gunk could be? Using Mobil 1 5w-30, fresh rebuilt motor

I use white moly on my rebuilds. Did you use the same?

MB

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KortrightMar-27-11 10:33 AM
Member since Mar 26th 2011
9 posts,
#133520, "RE: White stuff in oil pan?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yes, I did.
I feel pretty dumb right about now lol, although this is my first rebuild so I don't really know what to expect.

420agreenvilleSCMar-27-11 02:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#133521, "RE: White stuff in oil pan?"
In response to Reply # 2

the motor got excited. lol jk. yea, what mark said.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

RoninEclipse2GMar-28-11 01:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#133532, "RE: White stuff in oil pan?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
the motor got excited.

Woah there big boy.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #133512 Previous topic | Next topic