Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #133509
View in linear mode

Subject: "Parts list for 2.4L block" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipserstturboMar-25-11 11:28 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133509, "Parts list for 2.4L block"

So I decided to go 2.4L turbo after reading all the 2.4L articles and write ups. I started pulling the block early this week at the junkyard but ran out of time with just three bolts left. I had to get a guy to finish pulling it since my crazy nuts work schedule. This fool brought me just the block... No crank, no oil pan, no oil pump... nothing. So, I need a list of things to pick up from the junkyard and things to get new.

I already have a few items listed, but I know that this is not everything. My junkyard list includes:

Crankshaft, Oil pan, oil pick up, oil dipstick w/ tube, water pipe, crank sensor, knock sensor, oil sending unit, bed plate, flywheel, and crank gear.

The new list consists of:

Main & Rod bearings, water pump, oil pump, timing belt, tensioner and idler pulleys, hydraulic tensioner, oil pump screen, freeze plugs, and a lower gasket set.

I won't be running any a/c or p/s so those parts won't be necessary. Hopefully, I can get this block started sometime next week. I'm going with the SRT-4 internals and boosting it at 10lbs daily. If you can think of things I need to add to this list, please help me out. Thanks guys.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Parts list for 2.4L block, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-26-11 06:18 AM, #1
RE: Parts list for 2.4L block, Moderatorteklein, Mar-26-11 08:08 AM, #2
      RE: Parts list for 2.4L block, PsychO, Mar-26-11 04:18 PM, #3
           RE: Parts list for 2.4L block, eclipserstturbo, Mar-26-11 08:35 PM, #4
                RE: Parts list for 2.4L block, eclipserstturbo, Mar-27-11 07:04 PM, #5
                     RE: Parts list for 2.4L block, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-27-11 07:22 PM, #6
                          RE: Parts list for 2.4L block, eclipserstturbo, Mar-29-11 12:13 PM, #7
                               RE: Parts list for 2.4L block, eclipserstturbo, Apr-01-11 10:49 PM, #8

AdministratorCODE4Mar-26-11 06:18 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133510, "RE: Parts list for 2.4L block"
In response to Reply # 0

You need the bedplate from that EXACT block. Otherwise the bare block you have now is only worth its weight in recycled metal. You cannot mix and match blocks & bedplates.

If they cannot find the bedplate, you need to start over.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinMar-26-11 08:08 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#133511, "RE: Parts list for 2.4L block"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CODE4
You need the bedplate from that EXACT block. Otherwise the bare block you have now is only worth its weight in recycled metal. You cannot mix and match blocks & bedplates. If they cannot find the bedplate, you need to start over.

Yep, have dealt with this before.

Also, Check all main and head bolt holes to make sure there are no broken bolts in it. Been there too.

PsychOMar-26-11 04:18 PM
Member since Jun 10th 2004
166 posts,
#133515, "RE: Parts list for 2.4L block"
In response to Reply # 2

And make sure the crank sensor is on the "rear" of the block and not in the "front". If you're facing it in the engine bay.

When I say "rear" I mean rear firewall side.

eclipserstturboMar-26-11 08:35 PM
281 posts,
#133518, "RE: Parts list for 2.4L block"
In response to Reply # 3

That's cool, the bedplate is still at the junkyard so I can grab that on my lunch tomorrow. So other than that, I think I got pretty much everything. Anyone have any tips/tricks or little secrets they'd like to share (with just me, no one else is going to read it:D)on getting this thing back together. I think I've read everything and I've got a repair manual so it shouldn't be too hard, but any advice (wink wink- secret)is greatly appreciated.

eclipserstturboMar-27-11 07:04 PM
281 posts,
#133522, "RE: Parts list for 2.4L block"
In response to Reply # 4

Well I went to the junkyard today on my lunch break. Luckily, the dufuss didn't toss the parts around (like I did) when he took it apart. So I picked up the bedplate, crank w/ crank gear and oil pump, the pick-up, oil pan, and the a/t flywheel that was still attached to the crank. I also grabbed all new sensors today and the rear main seal.

I guess I just have one question left, can I use the a/t flywheel that came on the crank, or should I use one for the 420?

AdministratorCODE4Mar-27-11 07:22 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#133523, "RE: Parts list for 2.4L block"
In response to Reply # 5

The drive plate / flex plate is part 04567143, and the same among 1995-2000 2.0's and 2.4's.

---

2012 2500HD LML

eclipserstturboMar-29-11 12:13 PM
281 posts,
#133548, "RE: Parts list for 2.4L block"
In response to Reply # 6

Awesome. Thanks you sir. And okay, I lied, I have one more question. Does anyone have a link to like a 2.4L CAPS like deal like we have for the size of all the bolts that goes on this thing. I don't have the first bolt to start putting any of this stuff together. I know I'm asking for alot here, but I just want to get this right the first time so I won't have to do it again later.

eclipserstturboApr-01-11 10:49 PM
281 posts,
#133634, "RE: Parts list for 2.4L block"
In response to Reply # 7

Well I found a link to a caps sort of deal. For future reference if anyone else needs this, it's pretty good.-

http://autopartmaster.com/en/?action=catalog_show&cat=chrysler&t_id=899&added_=CHRYSLER%20CHRYSLER,%20SEBRING%20CIRRUS,

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #133509 Previous topic | Next topic