Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #132662
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need help with code from key dance" Previous topic | Next topic
GsNewbieDec-12-10 12:38 PM
Member since Oct 01st 2010
121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132662, "Need help with code from key dance"

Ok I got my msd coil on my car and I thought that would be reason for misfiring but still is doing it. I did key dance and i am getting this weird code. If someone could tell me what it is that would be great I got the video and I can send to either email or phone

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Need help with code from key dance, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-12-10 01:36 PM, #1
RE: Need help with code from key dance, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-12-10 03:07 PM, #2
RE: Need help with code from key dance, GsNewbie, Dec-12-10 09:37 PM, #3
      RE: Need help with code from key dance, LD25Delta9, Dec-18-10 11:11 AM, #4
           RE: Need help with code from key dance, GsNewbie, Dec-20-10 09:18 PM, #5
                RE: Need help with code from key dance, RoninEclipse2G, Dec-22-10 08:00 PM, #6
                     RE: Need help with code from key dance, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-22-10 08:03 PM, #7
                          RE: Need help with code from key dance, GsNewbie, Dec-22-10 09:56 PM, #8
                               RE: Need help with code from key dance, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-22-10 10:03 PM, #9
                                    RE: Need help with code from key dance, GsNewbie, Dec-22-10 10:05 PM, #10
                                         RE: Need help with code from key dance, Shake_Zulla, Dec-30-10 02:43 PM, #11
                                              RE: Need help with code from key dance, GsNewbie, Dec-30-10 07:05 PM, #12

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-12-10 01:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132663, "RE: Need help with code from key dance"
In response to Reply # 0

Can yuou upload it to youtube? Or post the code?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Dec-12-10 03:07 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#132664, "RE: Need help with code from key dance"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by GsNewbie
Ok I got my msd coil on my car and I thought that would be reason for misfiring but still is doing it. I did key dance and i am getting this weird code. If someone could tell me what it is that would be great I got the video and I can send to either email or phone

So you got it hooked up? What did you end up doing to hook the harness up to the coil pack?

You never posted the resolution in your other thread.

---

2012 2500HD LML

GsNewbieDec-12-10 09:37 PM
121 posts,
#132670, "RE: Need help with code from key dance"
In response to Reply # 2

Sorry man I never got chance, things been in such a rush for me. But I went to advance and he told me they don't sell the plug in's for the msd so I was screwed, But he said I have solution for you. He gave me these like little pieces that plug into the pins and he told me clip the wires and plug them into the pieces and then I sprayed some silicone in it to keep the moisture from getting in and I will use that till I find a plug. Car is running good.

Now the problem I am having still is the back firing, but I sent video to a guy that helps me with the codes and he got po122 and its my throttle position sensor he thinks the wire touched the egr pipe and got expossed. So I will be looking into that tommow and if so I will tape up and see if any better. But thanks for all your help man.

LD25Delta9Dec-18-10 11:11 AM
Member since Aug 23rd 2010
31 posts,
#132721, "RE: Need help with code from key dance"
In response to Reply # 3

So was it your TPS or did the loom melt to your EGR tubr?

Go Before Show, Wakka Wakka, Your Honduh's Effin' Slow!!!
Ask Me about 420A RWD FTW!!!

GsNewbieDec-20-10 09:18 PM
121 posts,
#132738, "RE: Need help with code from key dance"
In response to Reply # 4

I think its the tps cause I checked it other day and seen no melted wires

RoninEclipse2GDec-22-10 08:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#132760, "RE: Need help with code from key dance"
In response to Reply # 5

Don't think, get the code. You can guess what it is all day long and keep throwing money at something that wasn't even the problem in the first place.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

AdministratorCODE4Dec-22-10 08:03 PM
2552 posts,
#132761, "RE: Need help with code from key dance"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Don't think, get the code. You can guess what it is all day long and keep throwing money at something that wasn't even the problem in the first place.

Exactly. This why the invention of OBD systems was implemented - find the code, locate the problem source. Not like the 70s where a grease monkey was wiping your exhaust tip to evaluate your fuel trims.

---

2012 2500HD LML

GsNewbieDec-22-10 09:56 PM
121 posts,
#132767, "RE: Need help with code from key dance"
In response to Reply # 7
Dec-22-10 09:57 PM by GsNewbie

I already got the code, It is the code for my throttle position sensor

throws this code po122

AdministratorCODE4Dec-22-10 10:03 PM
2552 posts,
#132768, "RE: Need help with code from key dance"
In response to Reply # 8

I already got the code, It is the code for my throttle position sensor throws this code po122

The P0122:

Could be an open or a short to ground in the signal circuit. Or you may have lost the 5Volt reference voltage.

---

2012 2500HD LML

GsNewbieDec-22-10 10:05 PM
121 posts,
#132769, "RE: Need help with code from key dance"
In response to Reply # 9

Ok you lost me right their.

Shake_ZullaDec-30-10 02:43 PM
Member since Dec 03rd 2010
42 posts,
#132834, "RE: Need help with code from key dance"
In response to Reply # 10

Ok you lost me right there.

*edit (fixed your their/there problem)

Alright so time to find yourself! Here is a little interesting reading that can bring you up to speed.

What a "short" is...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_circuit

How to find a short...
http://www.inliners.org/tech/tech6.html

I am by no means an electrical expert but I think that a little knowledge on electricity goes a long ways in finding an electrical problem. It sounds like you have a short and I'm sure someone has a better way to find one but this is what I found. Also check to make sure you have the right amp fuse in your fuse box. I bought a car and they put a higher amp fuse in one spot cause they kept blowing it and it did some funky stuff with the electrical. Another thing is shorts or open circuts tend to occur near where an wire ends, IE the plug so check that real good. Also I noticed it's been over a week since you posted this and you might have found a solution, just didn't want you to think no one cares.

96 RS
95 Toyota pickup - 8" lift, 33's (sold)
07 Toyota tacoma - TRD Sport
13 Ford Fusion

I like logic more when it travels in circles.

GsNewbieDec-30-10 07:05 PM
121 posts,
#132843, "RE: Need help with code from key dance"
In response to Reply # 11

Thanks man and no I have no fixed it yet. I have been busy, I just haven't got around to messing around with it. It doesn't happen a lot so that's why I haven't pursued it so bad. But I am happy to see people care out their =]

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #132662 Previous topic | Next topic