Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #122482
View in linear mode

Subject: "Belt Slipping.." Previous topic | Next topic
95Eclipse302Jan-18-06 06:42 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2006
245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122482, "Belt Slipping.."

There is a blet slipping on my car. I believe it is my alternator belt. Here is what it does, whne I start my car the belt squeals like CRAZY!(More on damp/humid days, and colder days.) Well it quits most of the time hwne the car is warm, but sometimes if im out warming up the car and as soon as it stops if I turn on my headlights it will go crazy again for a little longer...it will stop as soon as I turn them off. SO Im guessing its alternator since the lights are intefearing with it. How do I tighten this belt, is it similar to doing the neons belts? If so I should kno how. ANd is it the alternator belt?

Thanks, Brandon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

95EclipseGS n FLJan-19-06 01:32 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122483, "RE: Belt Slipping.."
In response to Reply # 0

I just loosened the altenator and pried it open more to apply more pressure and then tightend it down. No problems after that.

95 Eclipse GS - CAI, 2.5" Cat Back, GST Rims.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ForceFed420aJan-19-06 03:52 AM
Member since Oct 18th 2004
620 posts,
#122484, "RE: Belt Slipping.."
In response to Reply # 1

You could do that, as belts will stretch over time, and the alternator doesn't automatically adjust for that.

Or, since you're going in there anyways, just put another belt on it, and then you don't have to worry about the possiblity of doing it twice.

Brian

Red 97 Eclipse GS (420a) MTX
Custom Garrett T3 Turbo system
Megasquirt w/52 lb/hr injectors & a Walbro 255
Kicker/Alpine Audio (3 amps, 2 subs)
90 Cav 2.2 TBI auto (winter) <- yeah, it's fast

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #122482 Previous topic | Next topic