Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #95439
View in linear mode

Subject: "piston ring compressors" Previous topic | Next topic
2point4Jan-01-06 04:14 PM
Member since Jun 16th 2004
406 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95439, "piston ring compressors"

sometime ago i saw an aem tool that was tapered top to bottom for real easy installation of the pistons and rings. the one i saw was for honda engines though. anybody know if mopar sells anything similar, or anywhere else even? the one i have is all f-ked up so i'm in the market to replace it anyway.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: piston ring compressors, RxR_Eclipse, Jan-01-06 04:36 PM, #1
RE: piston ring compressors, 2point4, Jan-01-06 05:34 PM, #2
      RE: piston ring compressors, selmerguy2003, Jan-01-06 06:29 PM, #3
RE: piston ring compressors, ModeratorCorbin, Jan-03-06 07:04 AM, #4
RE: piston ring compressors, selmerguy2003, Jan-03-06 07:21 AM, #5
      RE: piston ring compressors, 2point4, Jan-03-06 05:54 PM, #6
RE: piston ring compressors, VendorAFX_Manufacturing, Jan-04-06 03:38 AM, #7
RE: piston ring compressors, thedawg, Jan-04-06 04:52 AM, #8

RxR_EclipseJan-01-06 04:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95440, "RE: piston ring compressors"
In response to Reply # 0

I got mine from napa...not tapered but super thin, ratcheting action to compress the rings too, pretty easy to use...

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2point4Jan-01-06 05:34 PM
406 posts,
#95441, "RE: piston ring compressors"
In response to Reply # 1

yeah, the one i have is similar unit to one of those, kinda looking for an upgraded alternative. i have four blocks to build over the next few months and i figure anything to make the job easier is a good thing.

selmerguy2003Jan-01-06 06:29 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2005
288 posts,
#95442, "RE: piston ring compressors"
In response to Reply # 2

it does not get much more easy than the standard ring compressor. i don't think they make specific ring compressors for different motors.(could be wrong though)

ModeratorCorbinJan-03-06 07:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#95481, "RE: piston ring compressors"
In response to Reply # 0

If you check Jegs or Summit, they offer tapered ring compressors like that. They come in a variety of diameters and are not really engine specific. You just need to find the right diameter. I'm cheap, so I just bought the ratcheting one from a local store.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

selmerguy2003Jan-03-06 07:21 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2005
288 posts,
#95482, "RE: piston ring compressors"
In response to Reply # 4

you might be cheap but your car is the sh1t. the wise mans speaks.

2point4Jan-03-06 05:54 PM
406 posts,
#95497, "RE: piston ring compressors"
In response to Reply # 5

good shit corbin, thanks bro

VendorAFX_ManufacturingJan-04-06 03:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
428 posts,
#95504, "RE: piston ring compressors"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, Total Seal makes them. We have a set we use for the 420A.

Visit the Howell Automotive Open House August 20th, 2005. The largest gathering of Chrysler 2.0 engines on the planet.

US Small Business Administration Export Business of the Year for 2003

Visit Howell Automotive at www.howellautomotive.com

thedawgJan-04-06 04:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#95507, "RE: piston ring compressors"
In response to Reply # 7

Check summitracing.com.

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=totalseal+compressor&x=0&y=0&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp

Part number gives the size of the compressor, TSR-RC3400-3500 is the one appropriate for our engine. (3.444")

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #95439 Previous topic | Next topic