Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #9179
View in linear mode

Subject: "GS-T Muffler" Previous topic | Next topic
1FastEclipseNov-30-01 02:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9179, "GS-T Muffler"

I have a RS with stock muffler. Would a GS-T muffler give as much performance as lets say a 300.00 muffler? How much is a GS-T muffler brand new? Also, were is a good place to purchase car parts online?

Thanks

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

1TuffRSNov-30-01 03:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9180, "RE: GS-T Muffler"
In response to Reply # 0

A GST muffler shouldnt be as free flowing as a straight through muffler, but shouldnt be restrictive until you reach 200hp. I wouldnt buy it brand new, I would search online @ www.dsmtrader.com and www.thepartstrader.com you can usually find them for around 50 bucks for just the muffler (thats all u need). I found mine on dsmtrader and paid 80 bucks for it (i know i got ripped off, but it was the only one I could find at the time and since the guy was local I didnt pay for shipping). good luck finding one man

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GrashperNov-30-01 05:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
882 posts,
#9181, "RE: GS-T Muffler"
In response to Reply # 1

I got mine from a local guy as well. I paid 60 for the entire cat-back, I know I don't the entire thing but he wouldn't separate them, so not too bad. Shop around you should be able to find one locally.

no more 420A

only 4G63

fauchpjNov-30-01 08:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#9182, "RE: GS-T Muffler"
In response to Reply # 2

if you buy it brand new, satan will rip you a new one. i got mine for $81 shipped on ebay.

fungulDec-02-01 12:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
163 posts,
#9183, "RE: GS-T Muffler"
In response to Reply # 3

I got one for $40.00 at a junk yard, and my girlfriend found another one for $25.00 at a junkyard here unfortunatly she didn't get down there before someone else grabbed the $25.00 one. It takes a while to find one at junkyards or at least it does here in colorado springs but they seem to always be around $40.00 and you don't have to worry about shipping.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #9179 Previous topic | Next topic