Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #75551
View in linear mode

Subject: "Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!" Previous topic | Next topic
bokchoiJun-03-04 07:57 AM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75551, "Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!"

I just finished installing Armond's intake manifold on my car and couldnt wait to try it. Before I did, I was going to refill my coolant system after draining it for the installation. When I started the car, the whole vehicle began to shake madly! The RPMs were jumping from 1300-1500. I hit the throttle a couple of times thinking that it needed to warm up but no, so I didnt want to leave it on any further. Did I miss something on the installation? I double checked on plugging in all my sensors and everything. It felt like the air in the intake mani were going through obsticles in order to run through, please help!

P.S. Oh I also changed my water temp sensor...but I don't think that shouldve been the problem.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!, bokchoi, Jun-03-04 08:08 AM, #1
RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!, a_miller_76, Jun-03-04 08:10 AM, #2
      RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!, SPL_Eclipse, Jun-03-04 08:20 AM, #3
           RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!, djtrickee, Jun-03-04 09:34 AM, #4
                RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!, bokchoi, Jun-04-04 11:55 AM, #5
                     RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!, bokchoi, Jun-05-04 07:01 PM, #6
                          RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!, DarKReaLity, Jun-05-04 08:13 PM, #7
                               RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!, 420AYE, Jun-06-04 01:55 PM, #8
                                    RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!, bokchoi, Jun-06-04 05:49 PM, #9

bokchoiJun-03-04 08:08 AM
412 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75552, "RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!"
In response to Reply # 0

WOuld it have anything to do with the fuel injectors because I'm thinking I may have not installed them on properly.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

a_miller_76Jun-03-04 08:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#75553, "RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!"
In response to Reply # 1

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem man.

SPL_EclipseJun-03-04 08:20 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#75557, "RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!"
In response to Reply # 2

is bokchoi somthing you eat? it sounds familiar, lol.

theres a lot of different aspects to consider here, as theres a LOT going on in the intake tract, lol.

i would check (in this order):

1) vacuum hoses. make sure they are on tight and have no leaks
2) gaskets. did you replace them? re-use the old ones? spray some carb-cleaner around the gasket areas (in a non-windy area) and have a friend look for black smoke from the tailpipe. also pay attention to the idle. it should drop if the carb-cleaner is being sucked in. you might be ingesting air through the gaskets.
3) the IAC. its very posibly you damaged this part when you took it out. if the first two steps dont show anything, try removing the IAC and cleaning it.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

djtrickeeJun-03-04 09:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#75562, "RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!"
In response to Reply # 3

Map sensor plugged in correctly?

sounds like either that, or fuel injectors not firing right or not at all which would cause you to run on 1, 2, or 3 cylinders which would = heavy shaking and violence.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

bokchoiJun-04-04 11:55 AM
412 posts,
#75599, "RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!"
In response to Reply # 4

Well, I reseted my ecu and all was good until I noticed that I was running pretty rich. However I was running rich during idle or simply not stepping on the gas...afterwards, when I came back to my car the next day the car couldnt start. While turning the key I had to hit the gas peddle several times until I got it running. Then the check engine light came on and never dissappeared...what could this be? Does this have to do with the fuel injection? bad o2 sensor? the IAC sensor looks ok...any suggestions would help, thanks.

bokchoiJun-05-04 07:01 PM
412 posts,
#75665, "RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!"
In response to Reply # 5

bump...plz help...my car is sitting in the garage...

DarKReaLityJun-05-04 08:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#75672, "RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!"
In response to Reply # 6

well if you have no check engine light...i guess start with the basic maintainence. if you haven't done this in awhile, try changing anything that has to do with firing your engine up like change fuel filter, spark plugs, Sparkplug wires...then check resistances in the coil. could also be a bad o2 snesor. it just sounds like fuel or iginition related.

420AYEJun-06-04 01:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#75701, "RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!"
In response to Reply # 7

i think djtrickee got it. The first thing i though when i read this post is map sensor. but generally, the map sensor makes the car stutter bad, grumble and wanna die. The map sensor is on the(if your facing the car) left side of the manifold right on the top where you put the missing link or fcd. If you car is idling too high, then i'd just recheck all the vacuum T's you have, check for leaks in your gaskets and see if your iac is functioning in and out. otherwise im stumped. This is mostly recap from what they said, but it can't be much else.(injectors)

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

bokchoiJun-06-04 05:49 PM
412 posts,
#75718, "RE: Installed intake mani car shakes at startup...HELP!"
In response to Reply # 8

I'm gonna replace the o-rings on the injectors and make sure I got them in there tightly...hopefully thats the problem. There is no hesitation on my ride just currently ignition problems and running very rich at idle. Thanks for your help guys!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #75551 Previous topic | Next topic