Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #49301
View in linear mode

Subject: "-AN fitting sizing information needed" Previous topic | Next topic
KikuApr-18-03 07:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
642 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49301, "-AN fitting sizing information needed"

I'm in the process of replacing my fuel lines with all braided s/s lines and AN fittings (inluding the input/output fittings for the fuel rail).

I need to know the following:

1) What size AN fittings does the super fmu come with standard?)
2) Is -6AN sending line up to the fuel rail and -4AN return line back to the fuel tank sufficient? or should i use -6AN for sending/return lines?
3) Anyone know the -AN size fitting needed for the hrc oil return line on the oil pan?

Thanks.
1997 Chrysler Sebring "Silver XTC"
I4 420a w/ HRC Stage 2.45 w/ FMIC
14.7@97 mph@6psi
Proud member of the
ASOG BoOsT JuNkIe Crew

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-18-03 07:29 AM, #1
RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, mkerley, Apr-18-03 08:17 AM, #2
RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, Kiku, Apr-18-03 08:40 AM, #3
      RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, 97eclipseRS, Apr-18-03 12:32 PM, #4
      RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, TeamMetalJim, Apr-18-03 02:53 PM, #5
           RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, slacker911, Apr-18-03 06:54 PM, #6
                RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, 97eclipseRS, Apr-18-03 07:09 PM, #7
                     RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, JustOne, Apr-19-03 11:35 AM, #8
                          RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, TeamMetalJim, Apr-19-03 04:00 PM, #9
                          RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, mkerley, Apr-19-03 07:03 PM, #10
                               RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, jamesman, Apr-20-03 09:39 PM, #11
                                    RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, whodatt1, Apr-21-03 11:34 AM, #12
                                         RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, mkerley, Apr-21-03 01:16 PM, #13
                                              RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, thedawg, Apr-21-03 05:28 PM, #14
                                                   RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, mkerley, Apr-22-03 04:41 AM, #15
                                                        RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, jamesman, Apr-22-03 06:16 AM, #16
                                                             RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, whodatt1, Apr-22-03 06:45 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, tim97rs, Apr-22-03 05:31 PM, #18
                                                                       RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed, Kiku, Apr-22-03 06:56 PM, #19

TeamMichael_97RSApr-18-03 07:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49302, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know any sizes for you but I don't see the need for a 6-AN return line 4-AN should be fine.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mkerleyApr-18-03 08:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#49308, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-18-03 08:29 AM by mkerley

>I'm in the process of replacing my fuel lines with all
>braided s/s lines and AN fittings (inluding the input/output
>fittings for the fuel rail).
>
>I need to know the following:
>
>1) What size AN fittings does the super fmu come with
>standard?)

-6AN

>2) Is -6AN sending line up to the fuel rail and -4AN return
>line back to the fuel tank sufficient? or should i use -6AN
>for sending/return lines?

-4AN may be sufficient, but I would prefer to have the same size lines throughout. Can't say definitely that it would make a difference, but the price differential is not that much, so I'm putting in -6 all the way.

>3) Anyone know the -AN size fitting needed for the hrc oil
>return line on the oil pan?

No idea. Sorry. I have the Star kit. I have 2 questions about this as well.
1) How do you connect to the fuel rail on the inlet side?
2) What size fitting is the fuel pump outlet?

Thanks,
Matt

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

KikuApr-18-03 08:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
642 posts,
#49311, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey thanks for the info.

On your question:

>1) How do you connect to the fuel rail on the inlet side?

You dont (at least I wasnt planning for). I was going to cut off the OEM input fitting and weld a -6AN fitting instead.

Good point about the fuel tank sending fitting. I'd also like to know that.
14.7@97 mph@6psi
Proud member of the
ASOG BoOsT JuNkIe Crew

97eclipseRSApr-18-03 12:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
#49323, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 3

i would go w/ 4AN for the return.. it'll be plenty big and easier to work with. the 6an lines are a bit cumbersome.

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

TeamMetalJimApr-18-03 02:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#49328, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 3

A -6 AN female fitting screws right onto the tank's fuel outlet.

I'm using -6 AN for the feed and return lines. I think that -4AN would probably work, but I just figured on keeping it the same size as the feed.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

slacker911Apr-18-03 06:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
#49339, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 5

how long of a line is needed I am probably going to order all the stuff from summitracing.com. I want to do this while the car is on jacks

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

97eclipseRSApr-18-03 07:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
#49341, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 6

don't you need a 6AN flare accepting fitting to connect to the fuel pump outlet and laso the factory hardline? i was going to use one of my leftover female AN fittings when doing the fuel lines, but i didn't think it would seal. the factory fitting is a flare accepting fitting, i believe.

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

JustOneApr-19-03 11:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#49372, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 7

What are you guys doing for the tap off the fuel rail? The test port is a 4-AN right? So do you run a 6-AN inlet, 4-AN off the rail to the FPR then 6-AN outlet (return)

Is there a fitting that makes the 4-AN into a 6-AN? I can't seem to find one.

As far as the oil return I "think" it is a 10-AN. You can get a hard line -AN fitting for the outlet of the turbo and then just a hose end fitting for the other end (oil pan tap)

Use Teflon steel braided line if you can. They can take much more heat than the rubber steel braided lines.

Brian

TeamMetalJimApr-19-03 04:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#49395, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 8

I'm gonna use 2 2gnt rails with weld-on fittings welded to the ends. http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=43248

Earl's and Russell makes alot of these type fittings.
http://www.russellperformance.com/
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/EPP/EPP.html

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

mkerleyApr-19-03 07:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#49407, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 8

Justone: Yes, I'm going from the -4AN port on the end of the rail. But, so far as I can tell there is no fitting that goes from -4AN -6AN. I've asked several places and they can't find one. What I plan to do it to get a male to female -4AN connector then to a -4AN to -6AN male reducer (it's actually not a reducer here, but that's what they call it) then go from there with a -6AN to hose connector. Whatever you do, make sure you use the same size lines on each side of your FMU.

I have the part numbers for these fittings at work. If you want them, let me know.

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

jamesmanApr-20-03 09:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#49480, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 10

do not use different size line, if you do and you are turbo, using a fmu, you will get too much restriction on the return line and you will not be able to lower your FP past like 35 for idle. if you are going to do this, either choose one or the other, i would recommend -6 all the way. that is what i did

lates
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

whodatt1Apr-21-03 11:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#49516, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 11

you can find a reducer from -6AN to -4AN try www.pegasusautoracing.com, that is where i got all my stuff from.you might also try Aeroquip.
you will find all kids of fittings at those places.

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

mkerleyApr-21-03 01:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#49532, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 12

>you can find a reducer from -6AN to -4AN try
>www.pegasusautoracing.com, that is where i got all my stuff
>from.you might also try Aeroquip.
>you will find all kids of fittings at those places.

Thanks for the link, but still can't find one. Let me clarify what I said. I can't find a M-6AN to F-4AN reducer. If anyone knows the part number of one, that'd be great. Otherwise, I'll just continue with what I listed above.

thedawgApr-21-03 05:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#49546, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 13
Apr-21-03 05:29 PM by thedawg

Jamesman is a badass. This is a 2gnt rail modified on both ends with welded? and tapped? -6AN fittings. Direct any questions at him, not me... I just take pics of all the cool shit he makes.

mkerleyApr-22-03 04:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#49580, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 14

Jamesman,
Did you just weld a -6an bung onto the end of the rail or what? It appears that there is something more on there, but I can't quite tell.

Thanks!

jamesmanApr-22-03 06:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#49585, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 15

the rail is a 95 rail, it has one side tapped for the -6AN fitting and the other is soldered in place using 5 stacked washers and a steel AN fitting. other than that it is a rather simple assembly.
lates
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

whodatt1Apr-22-03 06:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#49586, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 16
Apr-22-03 06:56 AM by whodatt1

man that set up is NICE! i should have seen that before i bought my rail. (sick of breaking the nipple on the end)

Hey Mkerley, I sent you a message, let me know exactly what you are going to do with the fitting and I will see if i can figure out something for you. If I'm right you are running a #6 s/s hose return line, that you want to mate to the test port. you might have to buy two fittings. for this...

1)Male to Male reducer (6AN to 4AN) part number 3225-04-06
2)a female to female coupler (4AN to 4AN) part number 3238-04 at pegasus racing.

if this is not what you need email me back and we can talk more in depth I have their full catalog with me.
Late.

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

tim97rsApr-22-03 05:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#49634, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 17

if 4AN is good enough all the way around, why not just use an 4AN intake and output fittings in the SFMU?

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

KikuApr-22-03 06:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
642 posts,
#49643, "RE: -AN fitting sizing information needed"
In response to Reply # 18

Hey Jamesman,

what did you do with the sending stock fitting on the fuel rail? Did you just lop it off and weld a plate on top of the hole?

I'm gonna steal your setup =) you are forewarned! lol
14.7@97 mph@6psi
Proud member of the
ASOG BoOsT JuNkIe Crew

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #49301 Previous topic | Next topic