Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #47882
View in linear mode

Subject: "think my 02 sensor is shot. how can i tell for sure?" Previous topic | Next topic
trickedeclipseMar-30-03 07:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47882, "think my 02 sensor is shot. how can i tell for sure?"

car runs alright for a minute or so, then has an erratic idle. runs fine under any type of accelleration, but when i come to an idle, it runs rich and bogs itself. sound familiar? how can i check it?

-PJ
'96 ESI-NOS Talon / '02 Subaru WRX

"Making Dreams Reality"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mcgyvrMar-31-03 05:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47893, "RE: think my 02 sensor is shot. how can i tell for sure?"
In response to Reply # 0

Heated Oxygen Sensors(o2)
Test resistance at the white wires on the sensor connector clip at room temperature. Resistance should read 5-7 ohms for ’95 and 4-7 ohms for ‘96+ year models.

Are you getting a check engine light??

your o2 probably will not cause the car to bog, if the values from the o2 sensor are out of wack the ECU will use default values .
Its something else

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #47882 Previous topic | Next topic