Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4604
View in linear mode

Subject: "steering pump noisy - help, help, help" Previous topic | Next topic
jfoxerJul-04-01 03:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
14 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4604, "steering pump noisy - help, help, help"

Steering pump whines!!!!!. Replaced it twice. Did the proper bleeding, etc. Belt is fine and tensioned right. Continues to whine. Cant figure whats causing. Pissing me off. There a electronice sensor, wonder if no juice getting to it and if could cause this condition. Someone mentioned if forcing in to the rack and pinion maybe somehow adversly causing. Not sure if this is possible or how. Someone who's aware of this type of condition, please help. Im becoming a steering pump exchange expert by now. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

iamnotwhoiamJul-05-01 12:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4605, "RE: steering pump noisy - help, help, help"
In response to Reply # 0

if you suspect it might be your belts then i would suggest some belt dressing that you can find at an autoparts store. it will help the belts stick better to the pullies and may not whine at much or none at all.

-Jason

95 GS
short air ram - custom grill - moved front license plate - custom stereo system

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

gzrs99Jul-05-01 01:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
108 posts,
#4606, "RE: steering pump noisy - help, help, help"
In response to Reply # 0

Yo could you explain how you did the power steering bleeding?
I had one of my Power steering hard lines crushed.. Used a high press fuel line hose to repair. can't figure out to bleed the damned thing.

Stock RS 99
R&M Anti - sways
obx strut bars Fu,RU,RL
matrix intake
ngks
accel wires
Afx under drive pulley
Ceramic coated pace-setter header
RRE SS brake lines -- waiting to be installed
Rear brake conversion stiil waiting for ark mit to deliver
RRE Logo for 90+HP
GTS headlight covers

jfoxerJul-11-01 12:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
14 posts,
#4607, "RE: steering pump noisy - help, help, help"
In response to Reply # 2

Suppose to lift the frontend, let the motor idle, then rotate your steering wheel from left lock to right lock for 5 minutes. Also can do with the motor off, until the air bubbles stop at the resevior. Technically they say it should self bleed while driving. Unfortunately any of these tactics don't bleed the thing very swift. Still got the whine now, dealer told me still got air in the system and need to bleed until gone.

gzrs99Jul-13-01 03:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
108 posts,
#4608, "RE: steering pump noisy - help, help, help"
In response to Reply # 3

Hey thanks for the advise. I tried for about 5 min got most of the air bubbles out. than i just added the ps fluid little over max. Being drivin for about 1 week, the whine went away. I kept adding the ps fluid about 20cc total.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4604 Previous topic | Next topic