Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #43145
View in linear mode

Subject: "HP header?" Previous topic | Next topic
95ALLmotorFWDJan-30-03 07:51 AM
Member since Apr 21st 2002
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43145, "HP header?"

K, the header i got from the junk yard is a HP, looks brand new! question is what kinda cap did u guys use to cap up the emisions thingy, second did u notice any gains in top end at all,. i noticed my pacesetter down pipe was actually bigger than the hp, but the HP seem to have better welds, curves, and better over all flow, any infor would help alot

Boostless and loving it!
Way to many mods to list!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: HP header?, TeamMichael_97RS, Jan-30-03 08:13 AM, #1
RE: HP header?, a_miller_76, Jan-30-03 10:06 AM, #2
      RE: HP header?, woppishbob, Jan-30-03 11:05 AM, #3
      RE: HP header?, woppishbob, Jan-30-03 11:05 AM, #4
      RE: HP header?, TeamMichael_97RS, Jan-30-03 11:54 AM, #5
           RE: HP header?, Logic3, Jan-30-03 04:36 PM, #6
                RE: HP header?, Justin99RS, Jan-30-03 05:59 PM, #7
                     RE: HP header?, steve0677, Feb-01-03 06:12 AM, #8

TeamMichael_97RSJan-30-03 08:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#43146, "RE: HP header?"
In response to Reply # 0

If I ever picked up a header with the pulsed secondary air injection tube, I would cut it off and weld over the hole.

15.9 @ 86.7mph
97 Eclipse RS

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Stage 2 Cams, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

a_miller_76Jan-30-03 10:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#43163, "RE: HP header?"
In response to Reply # 1

Dude, the general consensus is that headers don't do much for us in the first place. So to distinguish between a HP and a Pacesetter would be splitting hairs. I bet you wouldn't notice a difference at all. If there was a change it would be like .005 sec in the quarter or something.

Don't stress it. Just keep the one you've got on and sell the other one. Hell, I'll give ya $50 for that HP today. That's 5 times what you paid for it if I remember correctly

woppishbobJan-30-03 11:05 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2002
168 posts,
#43168, "RE: HP header?"
In response to Reply # 2

remember I'll buy that lil guy as well, either one that you are going to sell. Email me at BMG1022@aol if you want to get rid of one of them, preferably the hp

woppishbobJan-30-03 11:05 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2002
168 posts,
#43169, "RE: HP header?"
In response to Reply # 2

remember I'll buy that lil guy as well, either one that you are going to sell. Email me at BMG1022@aol if you want to get rid of one of them, preferably the hp

TeamMichael_97RSJan-30-03 11:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#43177, "RE: HP header?"
In response to Reply # 2

I totally disagree that heders do nothing. You don't need to show a huge peak hp increase to have a good benifit throughout the rpm range. I will always recommend a header anyone going NA and not turbo.

15.9 @ 86.7mph
97 Eclipse RS

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Stage 2 Cams, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

Logic3Jan-30-03 04:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#43190, "RE: HP header?"
In response to Reply # 5

I agree with Michael. If you plan to go turbo I would skip the header, but if you're staying NA for a while (turbo not in your forseeable(sp?) future I would recommend a header.

The dyno from Import Tuner may have not yeild great peak HP results but thats not really a headers purpose with our cars. The throttle response alone was worth the money for me. Mid range and top end yeild excellent results as well.

I would never give mine up for a stock exhaust manifold.

Justin99RSJan-30-03 05:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#43200, "RE: HP header?"
In response to Reply # 6

yea....a header is one of those build upon mods...by itself won't help much..but it really is a big help for other mods...a freeflowing exhaust system is crucial to power....all people ever look at with mods is how much HP it makes by itself....blah...we need to do some dyno runs with and without a header with certian mods and see what the difference is...

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

steve0677Feb-01-03 06:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1464 posts,
#43265, "RE: HP header?"
In response to Reply # 7

i also with michael, more mods u are pushin, the better results u will see with a header. should be a later mod on the "to get" list.

03 rally red evo viii - stock
cardomain page
http://www.cardomain.com/id/steve0677

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #43145 Previous topic | Next topic