Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4248
View in threaded mode

Subject: "phantom grip lsd...check this out ????" Previous topic | Next topic
TalonJun-27-01 08:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4248, "phantom grip lsd...check this out ????"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=592820331&r=0&t=0

is this the whole lsd or just an add on part?

Talon
97'Talon Esi
AEM cam gears
Injen short ram intake
Rear-upper strut bar

would have more mods but just a poor kid! LOL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
HadesOmegaJun-27-01 12:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4249, "RE: phantom grip lsd...check this out ????"
In response to Reply # 0

That's it? Well looks like it adds on to your existing tranny. I heard those are only good for drag racing and burning out though, if you plan on using it for racing you'd do better with a quaife or Kaz, those are 1000+ for your cars. Better make sure that Phantom grip is for a 2GNT also, remember our trannys are different from a turbo.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | B&M Super Oil Cooler | Performance Muffler | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | HKS TYPE 1 Turbo Timer | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bustrblue1Jun-27-01 01:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
340 posts,
#4250, "RE: phantom grip lsd...check this out ????"
In response to Reply # 1

i saw an auction just like it. but i couldn't get anyone to tell me if it was worth the money or even what it does. you can email somebody and get them for 250

Matt
95 Eclipse GS
my babys stock right now, few months and i should be boostin' with NER!

SkrillaJun-28-01 08:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#4251, "Kaz doesn't make 1 for us...."
In response to Reply # 1

...I checked

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Black97GSJun-29-01 02:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
93 posts,
#4252, "RE: phantom grip lsd...check this out ????"
In response to Reply # 1

A Talon Esi is a 2GNT, it's the Tsi that's the 4g63.

Clint

TeamMichael_97RSJun-27-01 04:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#4253, "RE: phantom grip lsd...check this out ????"
In response to Reply # 0

From what I understand of how it works, you get a positraction effect. Not a true limited slip. So for goign straight it is good but for tearing up corners, I wouldn't recomend it.

"Claim Victory in your heart, and the universe will follow."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads, S-AFC, A/F Meter

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Clutch Line, Rear Motor Mount Ins., EGT

Waiting for from RRE: Front Lower Tie Bar

Waiting for: Intake Manifold being ported/polished

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

alexriesJun-27-01 04:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#4254, "RE: phantom grip lsd...check this out ????"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm pretty sure it goes in your differential. i saw an install on it somewhere on the web I think.

Coo'
1997 RS
AEM Cold Air Intake
B&M Short Shifter
Trust Shift Knob
Trust EVO Exhaust
Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Upper Strut Bar
AutoMeter A/F Ratio Gauge
'tis it

TeamMichael_97RSJun-28-01 01:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#4255, "RE: phantom grip lsd...check this out ????"
In response to Reply # 6

Yeah it goes in the differential, and from how I understand it locks the spider gears in place so one side won't spin without the other, which lis great for straight line, not so great for turn where one wheel needs to spin more than the other.

"Claim Victory in your heart, and the universe will follow."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads, S-AFC, A/F Meter

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Clutch Line, Rear Motor Mount Ins., EGT

Waiting for from RRE: Front Lower Tie Bar

Waiting for: Intake Manifold being ported/polished

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Eric97GSJun-28-01 09:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
325 posts,
#4256, "RE: phantom grip lsd...check this out ????"
In response to Reply # 7

That looks too easy to make I could machine that in a few hours. I think it seems to act like a spool where it locks up both wheels so so they spin the same at all times it would definantly be bad for corners because when you turn the outer and inter wheel spin at different speed. I can speak from experience on this when I had my prerunner Ford Ranger I had a detroit locker in the rear and if I took a tight corner fast I could hear the back tires chirping because the tires werent able to spin at different speeds.

Late
Eric (Nkysmrf on AIM And Aol and my new name on AIM is Eclipse2GNT)
97 Eclipse GS

97 Eclipse GS

Black97GSJun-29-01 02:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
93 posts,
#4257, "RE: phantom grip lsd...check this out ????"
In response to Reply # 0

Looks a whole lot like a mini-spool like they run in domestics rear ends. It looks the axles together. Not good for the street. Hard on tires. Hard on axles. Hard on tranny. When you turn a corner, the inside wheel spins fast, and the outside wheel drags...

Clint

dudasdJun-29-01 11:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#4258, "RE: phantom grip lsd...check this out ????"
In response to Reply # 9

I'm not sure what issue or mag it was, but I'm almost posotive Sport Compact or Import tuner did an article on them not to long ago. The general idea from what I can remember was that it would be cheaper and just as effective to pull your diff apart and have it welded together. If that tells you anything about how well they work. Save the cash and get a Quaiffe of Kaz....much better and well proven....

AEM CAI
Pace Setter cat back
Magnacore 8.5 MM Plug wires
EBC Green Stuff pads
Red AEM Cam Gears
Viper Light windshield nozzles
17x8's from a 98 Mustang GT(they were free and look good)
ddudas@wakul.com
ICQ# 5591657

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4248 Previous topic | Next topic