Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4217
View in linear mode

Subject: "What to Mod" Previous topic | Next topic
SlamminSubzJun-27-01 05:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4217, "What to Mod"

Yo. I am gunna be getting a 1995 or 1996 eclipse turbo. I think it has 240hp. what are some mods i can do to gett it up to maybe 300 hp. I have about 5000$ for rims,exterior mods,performance mods,and a system. i think ill spend 1500 on the system 1000 on the rims 1500 on the ext mods and 100 on the performanc mods. any suggs? Also how much can i get a nice body kit for it for?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What to Mod, TeamDeezGst, Jun-27-01 07:35 AM, #1
RE: What to Mod, SlamminSubz, Jun-27-01 07:56 AM, #2
      RE: What to Mod, SEA97GS, Jun-27-01 08:16 AM, #3
           RE: What to Mod, SlamminSubz, Jun-27-01 11:11 AM, #4
                RE: What to Mod, DAVE_FL (Guest), Jun-27-01 02:10 PM, #5
                     RE: What to Mod, SlamminSubz, Jun-27-01 04:12 PM, #6
                          RE: What to Mod, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jun-27-01 04:20 PM, #7
                               RE: What to Mod, TeamDeezGst, Jun-27-01 05:21 PM, #8
                                    RE: How long will it last?, LunarEclipse, Jun-30-01 07:45 PM, #9

TeamDeezGstJun-27-01 07:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4218, "RE: What to Mod"
In response to Reply # 0

If you want 300 from a 95-99 GS-T you will have to upgrade the stock T-25 turbo. It's only good for about 270-280 crank HP. ALl the bolt on's, full IC piping with upgraded BOV, FMIC,intake, exhuast, dp, fuel pump,boost controler and AFC and 16psi should net you around 220's to the wheels.

Derek
DeezGst on aol's IM
http://www.fastasknutz.com

New Toy

Old toy: 1997 GS-T
8.4@87 1/8th pump/street tires

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SlamminSubzJun-27-01 07:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
5 posts,
#4219, "RE: What to Mod"
In response to Reply # 1

so you sayin i will only produce 220 at the wheels w/ all the mods?

SEA97GSJun-27-01 08:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
127 posts,
#4220, "RE: What to Mod"
In response to Reply # 2

Yep. You're not going to get 300hp at the wheels until you get at least a ported 14b, 550 injectors, AFC and upgrade the intercooler piping.

If you're getting the car for show and system, then your plan sounds good. Otherwise, you'll need to move more of your budget towards the motor.

SEA97GS - 15.785@88.20MPH
NW.DSM.ORG
HotShot Headers-Custom 2.5" exhaust-MSD 8.5mm plug wires-NGK Plugs-Nitto NT555R Drag Radials on RX-7 wheels-Eibach ProKit Springs-Tokico shocks-front upper STB

97 Eclipse GS-15.463@88.57MPH - RIP
92 Talon TSi AWD-12.927@105.47MPH

SlamminSubzJun-27-01 11:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
5 posts,
#4221, "RE: What to Mod"
In response to Reply # 3

Ok, I aint gunna be like racing veryt often but i know when i get it my 2 friends will challenge me and i wanted to know if i would win... 1993 Probe and 1997 Cougar Rx7 v6 i think.

DAVE_FL (Guest)Jun-27-01 02:10 PM

#4222, "RE: What to Mod"
In response to Reply # 4

The eclipses that come with turboes come stock with about 210hp. A non-turbo eclipse with a turbo kit can easily beat a GS-T. And when the GS-T's are modified they tend to go through transmissions like crazy. Not to mention the infamous crankwalk problem. They are nice cars but I would go with a non turbo and put on a turbo kit. Oh wait. I did do that..LOL. I even had a guy at the local DSM meeting last week say this..." If I could start over I would get a non turbo like yours and put on a turbo kit". And that was coming from the mouth of 4g63 (GS-T) owner.

DAVE_FL
97 T-GS
HRC stageI
Stage 2 very soon!!!!!!

SlamminSubzJun-27-01 04:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
5 posts,
#4223, "RE: What to Mod"
In response to Reply # 5

Ok it will even out i think anyways. i was pricin turbos and they were bout 2500 bucks more than stock. about the price of a stage 2 turbokit.

9D9 MITSU RSJun-27-01 04:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#4224, "RE: What to Mod"
In response to Reply # 6

The GS-T or GS-X comes stock 210 at crank.

TeamDeezGstJun-27-01 05:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#4225, "RE: What to Mod"
In response to Reply # 7

LAST EDITED ON 27-Jun-01 AT 10:32 PM (PST)

Both the GSX and GS-T have 210 stock crank HP. Yes with all your bolt on's 220's 230's on stock turbo to the wheels. The stock turbo is truly a JK and only good for about 270 crank hp. This is what I am pushing and running low 14's. 14.0-14.3 If you priced a turbo upgrade for a GS-T and it was 2k you went wayyy over board. You can have a small 16G turbo and install kit for right at 1k. This will bump wheel hp up to around 300 on pump 18psi. 315-320 or so on race gas with about 22psi, and put you in low 13's high 12's catagory (FWD), depending on traction. For 2k you can get a 20G with an external gate and push some really nice poines. All of this with stock bottom end. With a Small 16G you can still run the stock injectors, but you will need an upgraded fuel pump. I would advise to get larger injectors however, but it's not a must. Tom Hoppe Ran 11.92 on stock injectors and side mount with a small 16G (AWD). For the record I wouldn't trade my GST for a non turbo any day. No offense to anyone, just saying I wouldn't. And I don't know anyone with a FWD that has had tranny problems some of the AWD's experience tranny problems but 80% are caused from abuse. It's expected to some extent that your gonna break tranny's you try launching at 4500 and droping the clutch with about 300+ to the wheels all grabbing for traction and see how long your tranny lasts. Good Luck in your quest for more power.

Derek
DeezGst on aol's IM
http://www.fastasknutz.com

New Toy

Old toy: 1997 GS-T
8.4@87 1/8th pump/street tires

LunarEclipseJun-30-01 07:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#4226, "RE: How long will it last?"
In response to Reply # 8

How long will the 420a last with the kit? with what kit? Hahn or Star? I'm thinking of it but I really need to depend on my car to get me places. I don't need the tranny falling out or the whole block crumbling under the hood.

www.artexmusic.com

97' grey gs/Greddy EVO catback/Greddy header/AEM cai/afx udp/dropped on 2" sprints

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4217 Previous topic | Next topic