Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #40426
View in linear mode

Subject: "Glass pack." Previous topic | Next topic
1FastEclipseDec-29-02 04:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40426, "Glass pack."

I want to try to achieve a deeper tone to my exhaust and thought of placing a glass pack in where the CAT is supposed to be. I found one at Advanced Auto Parts for 20 bucks and it is 28 inches long. Will this fit and will it give me that deeper tone I am looking for? I just don't want to end up with a honda sounding fart pipe. Thanks.

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mrlocalpimpDec-29-02 07:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40427, "RE: Glass pack."
In response to Reply # 0

I used the "cherry bomb" glass pack. I put it in place of my resonator. it SLOWED the car down. People disagree with this but Im positive. It has such...... Un-smooth surfaces inside, its not like a straight pipe or something.

Anyways, did not give a deep tone at all. It QUIETED the car TREMENDOUSLY. I mean really quieted it. Hav eyou thought about taking out your resonator and putting in just a striaght pipe? WIth a deep tone muffler this can make a great sound, and rumble when youre sitting at idle.

I got banned for being a constant tard.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

PowerEclipsesDec-29-02 07:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#40428, "RE: Glass pack."
In response to Reply # 1

if you want a deeper tone go to www.testpipes.com and get a test pipe... it sounds pretty sweet

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Hult250RDec-29-02 11:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#40429, "RE: Glass pack."
In response to Reply # 2

^^^^ I agree! I put a test pipe on the Talon and it made the N1 sound even beter! Deeper is better

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

sonikbewmDec-29-02 11:59 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#40430, "RE: Glass pack."
In response to Reply # 3

Cool. I get my test pipe from www.testpipe.com tomorrow. I wonder what it'll sound like with my EVO exhaust and the turbo.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #40426 Previous topic | Next topic