Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #38875
View in linear mode

Subject: "Jet Peformance V-Force Module" Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSDec-04-02 03:41 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38875, "Jet Peformance V-Force Module"

does anyoone have this V-Force thing: It seems like its just like the Eclipse Stage one chip but it doesn't control the transmission and stuff like that, I'm not sure do you think its the best place to spend my $ 250 on? It's going on my stock RS (intake only)

Here is the site: (www.JetChip.com)
(Click on "imports".)

Thanks for the replies guys.

-Chip

PS:

Any suggestions on what I should buy for $250 would be great if you don't think its worth it.

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-04-02 04:50 PM, #1
RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, TeamMetalJim, Dec-04-02 07:53 PM, #2
      RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, a_miller_76, Dec-05-02 01:13 AM, #3
           RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, rameencool, Dec-05-02 05:34 AM, #4
                RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, onefastgs, Dec-05-02 02:14 PM, #5
                     RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-05-02 02:19 PM, #6
                          RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, UNSpooled95GS, Dec-05-02 02:53 PM, #7
                               RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, TeamMetalJim, Dec-05-02 04:46 PM, #8
                                    RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, rameencool, Dec-05-02 08:08 PM, #9
                                         RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, CVedEclipse, Dec-05-02 10:03 PM, #10
                                              RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, Kirby, Dec-06-02 02:44 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, bustrblue2, Dec-06-02 03:27 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module, rameencool, Dec-06-02 06:15 AM, #13

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-04-02 04:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38876, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 0

It's crap.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMetalJimDec-04-02 07:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#38877, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 1

Surprised this hasn't made it to the TWSB forum. Check this other thread on it out.
http://forums.2gnt.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=4808&forum=DCForumID13

Its junk.

ride__________95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
power________Gude cams : Jeep TB : AFX UDP : ram air : test pipe : GST catback
suspention___Hurricane F/R lower strut ties : BOMZ F/R upper strut bars : ES inserts
sound________Kenwood KDC 5000 : Audiovox 8" sub toob - no sub amp(damnit!)
shizzle_______AutoCommand remote start : dual air horns : Caspers o2 simulator(rear)
incomming___Field SFC Hyper-R
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
14.76 @ 94.72mph

a_miller_76Dec-05-02 01:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#38878, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 2

If you have $250 get a GST muffler, bore out your throttle body, and redo your plugs & wires.

Don't waste your time with that chip thing

rameencoolDec-05-02 05:34 AM
Member since Mar 02nd 2002
149 posts,
#38879, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 3

Well, i have one.

I saw a HP increase over the entire RPM range.

The car just pulls harder- fuel consumption increases but who cares.

EVERYONE says its crap, but 8 proven and easy HP - i wouldnt call that crap. It acts as a sort of auto S-AFC controller. Tricks the ECU with a false signal. Unless you guys have heard something i havent...

The only reason i bought it was because Sport Compact Car did a dyno pull on one and saw a 8 HP increase across the RPM range on a accord with a auto.

If you are NA, its cheap fairly easy to install and i think its worth the money. Althought the new Howell ECU does raise the rev limiter my car is a 95 and well - the v force was the only option besides a full jet ECU reprogram for 500 bucks.

Once i start getting turbo parts in the car, i would sell you mine- buts thats i little way off.

* I actually have owned 2. The First one died in a accedent (no fault of mine). The new versions have cooling holes in the back to cool the RISC processor.

www.blackjupiter.com

me with A-10's Avenger Cannon- can you say depleted uranium rounds?

www.blackjupiter.com (gaming computers - tell everyone you know!)
MODS:

Engine= 60mm TB, Greddy 4-1 Headers, AEM Short Ram, MSD Wires,

onefastgsDec-05-02 02:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
234 posts,
#38880, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 4

Was the gain like a (intake, T.B, etc.)how would you compare the gain?
Is it just a plug and play thing or do you have to adjust it?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-05-02 02:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#38881, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 5

SHow me a real dyno graph and i'll beleive you. Until then, i still say it's crap and you've just had a pavlov reaction to a new mod.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

UNSpooled95GSDec-05-02 02:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
234 posts,
#38882, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 6

i'm with Dino on this one.the only thing it hooks up to is your TPS.How can it do anything? My friend has one on his 95 Civic DX and it does nothing........

Green 95 GS 5-speed
Engine--PCP cold air intake,Greddy header,Accel 8mm wires,OBX custom exhuast.

Suspension/Brakes--Sprint 2' springs, KYB Gr2's, EBC Red Stuff pads,17" Konig Traffiks (silver), 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES100's, 15 dollar camber kit.

TeamMetalJimDec-05-02 04:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#38883, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 7

haha...yeah I couldn't tell from the other posts how it worked. I get it now. Air temp sensor and TPS mods wont work on our car...for long at least.

ride__________95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
power________Gude cams : Jeep TB : AFX UDP : ram air : test pipe : GST catback
suspention___Hurricane F/R lower strut ties : BOMZ F/R upper strut bars : ES inserts
sound________Kenwood KDC 5000 : Audiovox 8" sub toob - no sub amp(damnit!)
shizzle_______AutoCommand remote start : dual air horns : Caspers o2 simulator(rear)
incomming___Field SFC Hyper-R

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
14.76 @ 94.72mph

rameencoolDec-05-02 08:08 PM
149 posts,
#38884, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 8

OK,

No its plug and play, alittle more complicated but not too much.

Single biggest increase from a single mod- but hard to tell- YEs Dino pavlov effect, but seriously maybe comparable to my 60mm TB. Hell of alot easier then the TB.

It hooks to the Throttle Position Sensor as WELL as the MAP Sensor.

I cant remember the SCC mag it was in, but i SWEAR TO YOU they dyno tested it at 8 HP at the WHEELS on an auto accord.

Damnit, i wish i saved all my old magazines....

www.blackjupiter.com

MODS:

CVedEclipseDec-05-02 10:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#38885, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 9

yea well... alot of magazines come out with alot of hp numbers... definitely not always acurate... plus i would need to see to the numbers done on a 2gnt.. before and after..

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

KirbyDec-06-02 02:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#38886, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 10

Thst's the thing diff mods on diff cars have diff results. I'm not trying to attack anyone for buying it, but the 2gnt cpu "learns" that you have tricked it and works around it. Just like the vennom module it just tells your car that your at 30% more throttle than you are... but once your at 100% it's usless because it doesn't make it 130%.

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

bustrblue2Dec-06-02 03:27 AM
Member since Aug 10th 2002
621 posts,
#38887, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 11

you can't always believe what magazines say. i saw a few different mags say that the NOS octane booster would give you 15hp! what a bunch of bs to think that it would give you that much by putting something in your gas.

Matt
a.k.a. bustrblue1
R.I.P '95 Eclipse GS
intake, exhaust, push button starter, painted interior, custom short shifter, and one shiny car!
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=230275
^ shows what happened to my baby

rameencoolDec-06-02 06:15 AM
149 posts,
#38888, "RE: Jet Peformance V-Force Module"
In response to Reply # 12

Point Taken,

I would like to see dyno results too,

If i had the extra cash i would.

I belive most modern ECUS adjust their settings depending on condition..

Sport Compact Car is the most reputable source of information IMO, they are into strictly performance and the facts.

Any of their project cars speak for themselves--

Hell for 200 bucks, see what the return policy is - try it if you dont feel a difference take it back.

MODS:

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #38875 Previous topic | Next topic