Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #26906
View in linear mode

Subject: "$900 for diagnosis?!?" Previous topic | Next topic
Boofer97rsJul-08-02 08:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
800 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26906, "$900 for diagnosis?!?"

i have no compression in my second cylinder so i had my car towed to the dealership i bought it from (a saturn dealership...dont make fun of me) because i had a warranty there and then they had it towed to the local mitsu dealership so they could work on it. i talked to the guy today and he said that it would be $900 for them to take out the head and all that other good stuff so they could see what the problem is. if the problem is not covered by my warranty i'll have to pay that and the cost for repairs. anyway does that price sound about right?

p.s. my intake and exhaust shouldnt void the warranty on the engine parts right? they wont come at me with some "your intake made extra horsepower so it voided your engines warranty" bullshit will they?
and last but not least is the dealership the only place that is allowed to work on it with the warranty?

thanks for all your help guys

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SkrillaJul-08-02 09:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26907, "to pull a cylinder head..."
In response to Reply # 0

...ya that sounds right, you are mostly paying forthe labor. It's between 600-1100 at the dealer that I've seen, but I'd rather learn to do it then spend that much money. I pay to have a diagnostics done 1st to checking for sensors or other electrical problem 1st. After that is eliminated then figuring out what's wrong with the mechanical is simple. Oh ya that costw something like 40-80 bucks

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #26906 Previous topic | Next topic