Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #22151
View in linear mode

Subject: "'99 Intake" Previous topic | Next topic
BlitzdEclipse99May-03-02 03:26 AM
Member since Apr 01st 2002
388 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22151, "'99 Intake"

Is there a difference between the 97-98 intake and the '99 intake? I thought it was all the same from 97-99, reason being I called ImportStudio.com to buy a intake and they're saying I need the '99-01 4cyl or 6cyl intake (fits both engines), not the 97-98 version. Is this true or are they bullshitting and don't know what they're talking about. I've searched for some help but can't anything that relates to their info.

Custom Computers
http://www.virtual-octane.net

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSMay-03-02 03:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22152, "RE: '99 Intake"
In response to Reply # 0

They have their generation years wrong. You need the 95-99 (or in their case 95-98) If you got the 99+ you would have an intake for a mitsu motor instead of our Chrysler 420A.

Una salus victus.
It's not about being invincible, it's about being ready; for anything.

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: P&P Intake Manifold 1/2, P&P Milled Head, Rear Disc Brakes, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlitzdEclipse99May-03-02 04:00 AM
Member since Apr 01st 2002
388 posts,
#22153, "RE: '99 Intake"
In response to Reply # 1

That's what I thought, those dumbasses tried telling me my '99 was a 3g eclipse. Thanks for the clarification

Custom Computers
http://www.virtual-octane.net

eclipsekaiserMay-03-02 05:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#22154, "RE: '99 Intake"
In response to Reply # 2

I would have walked out of that sotre immediately and not do business with them.

-K-

TeamJeff_99gsMay-03-02 06:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#22155, "RE: '99 Intake"
In response to Reply # 3

>I would have walked out of that sotre immediately and not do
>business with them.

The problem is that almost every vendor out there has it listed like that. they say 89-94, then 95-98. That being 10 years I guess. It seems the only people that get the years right are the DSM specific vendors like RRE, etc.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #22151 Previous topic | Next topic