Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #21270
View in linear mode

Subject: "I want as far from a Honda and as close to a V8...." Previous topic | Next topic
1FastEclipseApr-25-02 01:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21270, "I want as far from a Honda and as close to a V8...."

I am buying my exhuast this week and need to know the exact components it will take to get it to sound the closest to a V8 as possible. I am getting the catback mandrel bent at a muffler shop so I don't need to buy one of those but what muffler at the end? What resonator? Does the resonator go right before the muffler? I am taking the catylatic conv. out too so keep that in mind. If I decided to go with pace setter would I beable to ad a resonator to that myself? Just want to roar not whistle. Thanks guys.

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

iamnotwhoiamApr-25-02 02:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21271, "RE: I want as far from a Honda and as close to a V8...."
In response to Reply # 0

The N1 mufflers seem to give off a decent low tone, but tend to be raspy w/o some sort of resonator. Also the magnaflow mufflers i have heard are good at giving a good low tone also. And typically the resonator will go after the cat and before the muffer.. just stick it inline a few inches following where the cat is/was.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

spaniard372Apr-25-02 04:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
182 posts,
#21272, "RE: I want as far from a Honda and as close to a V8...."
In response to Reply # 1

get a turbo and neglect to weld your downpipe...leave it vented into the atmosphere. that's how mine is and it sounds mean

CVedEclipseApr-25-02 09:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#21273, "RE: I want as far from a Honda and as close to a V8...."
In response to Reply # 2

the greddy (sp and evo) have a great sound to them.. i wouldnt go as far to say they sound like a V8.. but its a distant second! got to love the sound of V8 roaring!!

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #21270 Previous topic | Next topic