Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #20918
View in linear mode

Subject: "**Corbin**Dave**Dino**Jason**Kaiser" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMRoadsterApr-21-02 08:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20918, "**Corbin**Dave**Dino**Jason**Kaiser"

hey Corbin I have your A/F guage install in my car along with stage 2 hrc. For some reason my fuel pressure stays at a constant 60-70 and I can't achieve more than 2psi. Your A/F guage jumps up and down constantly. From .03x to .93x. Number get's around .9 when I step and let off gas. I don't want to install boost controller and up the boost because of this weird fuel pressure. So please help me out.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Dave_FLApr-21-02 09:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20919, "RE: **Corbin**Dave**Dino**Jason**Kaiser"
In response to Reply # 0

The reason why your fuel pressure isnt rising is because it isnt seeing any boost. You need to have boost to get the fuel pressure up. The first thing you need to do is to figure out if you are getting any boost leaks. Make sure all your FMIC piping is secure and not leaking.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipsekaiserApr-21-02 10:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#20920, "RE: **Corbin**Dave**Dino**Jason**Kaiser"
In response to Reply # 1

I agree with Dave. Boost leak.....will be my first guess.

Most prone spot to leak is the junction where the upper pipe meets the rubber elbow. Check that area to make sure it is secured.

the Corbin gauge is normal as it is suppose to fluctuate when not in throttle. In WOT, you should get a reading somewhere between 0.93-0.97. Just make sure you grab the right wires, and provide a good ground.

-K-

DSMRoadsterApr-21-02 01:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#20921, "RE: **Corbin**Dave**Dino**Jason**Kaiser"
In response to Reply # 2

I hooked up the AF guage signal to the white wire with black stripes coming from the ecu, that is the right wire right? Today I installed the joe p boost guage and it jumped alll the way to 6 psi, but I forgot to look at the fuel guage and then one of my pipes came loose. Shouldn't the fuel pressure rise even when I hit boost,even if its at 1 psi? That is my main concern, not getting enough fuel.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

ModeratorCorbinApr-21-02 01:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#20922, "RE: **Corbin**Dave**Dino**Jason**Kaiser"
In response to Reply # 3

Sounds like the A/F gauge is working right. As for fuel pressure, you should see 45-55 at idle, 55-65 at 0 psi boost, and 105-110 at 9 psi boost. That is about a 5:1 ratio under boost. So at 2 psi boost, you could easily expect to see 65-75 psi of fuel pressure. But if you are only getting 2 psi as a max boost, I would follow the others suggestions and look for leaks.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #20918 Previous topic | Next topic