Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #19870
View in linear mode

Subject: "Should I sell the 2g?" Previous topic | Next topic
1FastEclipseApr-10-02 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19870, "Should I sell the 2g?"

My girl friends brother is a mechanic and keeps telling me that I should sell my eclipse and buy a Camero. He says I could have a 12 sec car with 1,000 in mods. I have road in his car (a camero) and that thing is wicked! What do you guys think? I know this is a dumb question to be asking eclipse finatics but seriously? I can have a much faster car for a much cheeper price. Is there any advantages over the camero?

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Should I sell the 2g?, Dave_FL, Apr-10-02 01:32 PM, #1
RE: Should I sell the 2g?, 99Eclipse, Apr-10-02 03:24 PM, #2
      RE: Should I sell the 2g?, Super20G, Apr-10-02 04:08 PM, #3
           RE: Should I sell the 2g?, stylindsm, Apr-10-02 04:38 PM, #5
RE: Should I sell the 2g?, stylindsm, Apr-10-02 04:28 PM, #4
RE: Should I sell the 2g?, Ryan_RS, Apr-10-02 04:59 PM, #6
      RE: Should I sell the 2g?, CVedEclipse, Apr-10-02 10:31 PM, #7
           RE: Should I sell the 2g?, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-11-02 05:49 AM, #8

Dave_FLApr-10-02 01:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19871, "RE: Should I sell the 2g?"
In response to Reply # 0

the camaro can be made fast but your insurance will skyrocket. You will have a car that has a horribly designed interior. The Dash is like 3 feet long. If you put somthing up there and you press your brakes it will go so far up its almost unreachable. The passenger side floor has a huge hump in that makes it very uncomfortable for the passenger to sit there. You will have no trunk space. You will use a lot more gas. When you do a spark plug change its going to be a lot harder to get done and not to mention more money for the 8 spark plugs. I am sorry if I offended any of you camaro owners but its just my opinion on them. My freind has a 94 V6. It is slow as hell and I hate riding in it.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

99EclipseApr-10-02 03:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#19872, "RE: Should I sell the 2g?"
In response to Reply # 1

the 2g Eclipses IMO opinion are the sexyest cars ever produced justr looking at 1 is intimidating id say keep it. DSM power all the way, just my .02

Super20GApr-10-02 04:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19873, "RE: Should I sell the 2g?"
In response to Reply # 2

well, you are going to pay more for a decent camaro, and insurrance will be higher... and you will mod it that will cost more, not to mention the hastel of switching vehicles.... i think there is a lot more self gratification knowing you have a eclipse with a neon motor smoking v8 ss's cobra's and vettes.... and all it takes is a turbo kit, fuel/spark management, and a built bottom end... and your insurrance will be the same as it is now Camaro's are nice, but i wouldnt own one.... just my 2 cents

stylindsmApr-10-02 04:38 PM
Member since Feb 27th 2002
48 posts,
#19874, "RE: Should I sell the 2g?"
In response to Reply # 3

BTW, Super20G,
what kinda front bumper is that? you're car looks sweet.

stylindsmApr-10-02 04:28 PM
Member since Feb 27th 2002
48 posts,
#19875, "RE: Should I sell the 2g?"
In response to Reply # 0

my friend has a z28 and they are freakin fast! but all there gonna go is eat up gas. also insurance, your gonna spend you money on so much insurance that you wont have money like you have to fix up your dsm. look at it this way, which looks better? the eclipse. and you want a faster car? why not just save up for a turbo eclipse? i know a guy who has a gsx stock with boost controller taking out z28s and mustang gts, and thats just his breakfast!

keep the eclipse, want speed? get turbo, or maybe just shoot the juice...NOS

Ryan_HesApr-10-02 04:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#19876, "RE: Should I sell the 2g?"
In response to Reply # 4

Uglier car, worse gas mileage, higher insurance, never hearing the sound of a turbo, insurance skyrocket...stick with the eclipse.

p.s. Super20G has a Stillen front end.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

CVedEclipseApr-10-02 10:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#19877, "RE: Should I sell the 2g?"
In response to Reply # 6

>never hearing the sound of a turbo

they make all kinds of kits for the Zs. single turbo, TT, and SC.. you name it, they got it twice over..

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

TeamMichael_97RSApr-11-02 05:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#19878, "RE: Should I sell the 2g?"
In response to Reply # 7

Depends on what you want? You can make them fast, they are fast to start, 95 to 98 up have the LT-1 very nice, and strong motor. Get it with a 6 speed and do some mods. She'll be flying. I would recommend a Formula or Tran Am I prefer their looks to the Z-28s. Remember you are starting with a 13 second car, it takes less to shave that down to 12 seconds.

All the comments about insurance are correct, gas mileage is less, starting cost of the car is higher than ours, so that offsets the mods fund a bit.

Basically which car do you like better? and what to you want to do with it?

Una salus victus.
It's not about being invincible, it's about being ready; for anything.

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: P&P Intake Manifold 1/2, P&P Milled Head, Rear Disc Brakes, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #19870 Previous topic | Next topic