Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #16913
View in linear mode

Subject: "Which will I feel the most?" Previous topic | Next topic
1FastEclipseMar-09-02 11:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16913, "Which will I feel the most?"

I am now looking into my next mod and was just wondering which one will give be the biggest noticable power increase. A pacsetter cat back with a test pipe, or afx underdrive pully? Also where is the best place to purchase those things? Thanks guys you've all been alot of help.

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Which will I feel the most?, CVedEclipse, Mar-09-02 11:53 PM, #1
RE: Which will I feel the most?, fly1, Mar-10-02 01:27 AM, #2
RE: Which will I feel the most?, TeamStan2gnt, Mar-10-02 02:12 AM, #3
      RE: Which will I feel the most?, fasterGS, Mar-10-02 02:53 AM, #4
           RE: Which will I feel the most?, dudasd, Mar-10-02 08:26 AM, #5
                RE: Which will I feel the most?, PowerEclipses, Mar-10-02 09:56 AM, #6
                     RE: Which will I feel the most?, 99GS, Mar-10-02 10:49 AM, #7

CVedEclipseMar-09-02 11:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16914, "RE: Which will I feel the most?"
In response to Reply # 0

i would have to go with the udp.. my exhaust was my first mod a long while back.. it didnt give that much in performance gains, but the looks and sound was well worth it.. but the udp to me felt like a bigger gain.. get them from either howell or ptunning.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fly1Mar-10-02 01:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16915, "RE: Which will I feel the most?"
In response to Reply # 0

The UDP from Howell Automotive will net you the better performance gain. Truthfully, I didn't feel any hp difference with an exhaust system.

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

TeamStan2gntMar-10-02 02:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#16916, "RE: Which will I feel the most?"
In response to Reply # 2

what he said

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

fasterGSMar-10-02 02:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16917, "RE: Which will I feel the most?"
In response to Reply # 3

Ill jump on this bandwagon. Although I did feel a slight performance gain with the exhaust, the UDP yielded a greater gain. The is one of the cheaper mods compared to the hp gain you will receive.

dudasdMar-10-02 08:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#16918, "RE: Which will I feel the most?"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah what they said...lol If your going for bang for the buck then the UDP is the way to go. The exhaust is nice and makes it sound alot better, but really at most you might only get a minimal HP gain out of it. The UDP costs about the same as the Pacesetter catback so I would have to go with the UDP to if you only have money for one or the other.

PowerEclipsesMar-10-02 09:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#16919, "RE: Which will I feel the most?"
In response to Reply # 5

haha just put on my catback and I think it gave me a good gain im happy with it plus it sounds better then just the muffler also i didnt install my udp yet tues. its going on so i will let you know i am expecting more from the pulley to tell you the truthbut get both if you have the money i hate stock exhaust looks plus the exhaust you can do your self its a bolt and hang on i would take the udp somewhere...

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

99GSMar-10-02 10:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
458 posts,
#16920, "RE: Which will I feel the most?"
In response to Reply # 6

UDP. Also, I know you didn't mention it, but motor mount inserts are a good mod as well.

Eric Madden

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #16913 Previous topic | Next topic