Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1375
View in linear mode

Subject: "60k mile tune up..." Previous topic | Next topic
Thunderous_TalonApr-28-01 07:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1375, "60k mile tune up..."

I am quickly approaching 60k on my car, i am curious as to what has to be done. See if i can get any of the things out of the way myself. I know the timing belt has to be done, i am going to get my belts changed from my udp(cant stand the squeaking). I've already changed my fuel filter, changed the clutch fluid, cleaned my cone filter, and spark plugs(just now actually, they are pretty ugly and burntout bosch +4 platinums, i put em in about 7500miles ago and they look fried, i'll post pics of em in a few) i switched to NGK BKR6E Vpower or whatever.

Anything else i can do myself? how hard is it to flush the radiator? Any other fluids on the car? or filters?
Thanx in advanced.

97' Talon ESi
Custom CIA
AF/X UDP
AF/X Solid front motor mount
Apex-i Exhaust
Accel Wires
Front Upper Strut Tower Bar
Rear Upper Strut Tower Bar
Rear Lower Tie Bar
Front Lower Tie Bar(on its way)
Clutch Restrictor Mod
Royal Purple 5w-30 Oil

"Our time is here, Our time is now, Team 2gnt."

Sponsored by New Edge Racing
http://www.newedgeracing.com

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SoniclipseApr-28-01 03:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1376, "RE: 60k mile tune up..."
In response to Reply # 0

Hmmm...Gas filter, pcv valve, oil change wouldn't hurt, plugs, wires, check vac lines/weatherpack connectors, air filter, timing belt/acc. belt, transaxle fluid and filter change, check CV joints and lube chassis, flush brake fluid and bleed, wash and wax job on the body and some new air fresheners.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSApr-30-01 01:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1377, "RE: 60k mile tune up..."
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Juan, I'll do a scheduled maintanance write up for auto's and manuals to post on the main page. What format do you want it in? Or should I just put it on my site and give you a link?

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1375 Previous topic | Next topic