Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137229
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ebay Headers" Previous topic | Next topic
Rude55Aug-13-12 10:07 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2011
37 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137229, "Ebay Headers"

Hey I'm relatively knew to the 2gnt community. I have a 99 gs just looking into buying some headers. Eventually by summer next year I hope to have gone turbo therefore just wondering if anyone can suggest some ebay headers that are decent and not too expensive for my n/t for now. Thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Gruff511Aug-13-12 10:32 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137230, "RE: Ebay Headers"
In response to Reply # 0

Well if your going to get a Turbo don't even bother buying a header

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

sfhawkeyeAug-13-12 10:59 PM
Member since Nov 16th 2008
10 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137231, "RE: Ebay Headers"
In response to Reply # 0

I myself went with a set of headers to get a little extra gusto out of my car before turboing as well. This IMO is the best knockoff header to get. I've never had a problem with mine the welds didn't crack or anything. Also this style one is the only 2.5" one the other kind on here that has a slip on downpipe tube is only 2" and its garbage. so get this one. it's the cheapest priced as well. Works better with a full 2.5" catback, which I purchased for 110 shipped. I got my whole header back system for around $200 with shipping. $220 with a "hi-flow" cat (essentially a glasspack with flanges in the right spots).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-99-MITSUBISHI-ECLIPSE-NON-TURBO-HEADER-EXHAUST-97-98-/170893480099?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AEclipse&hash=item27ca0b90a3&vxp=mtr

AdministratorCODE4Aug-14-12 02:26 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#137232, "RE: Ebay Headers"
In response to Reply # 2

If you are going to use the term, apply it correctly. There is only one header, not a set or a pair on an inline 4 cylinder.

If you want to upgrade to turbo soon, go bottom dollar. No serious gains are to be had with that mod alone.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Rude55Aug-14-12 10:30 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2011
37 posts,
#137238, "RE: Ebay Headers"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the input guys. Hawkeye I think ill take your advice thanks. Sorry for the misuse of terms.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137229 Previous topic | Next topic