Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137039
View in linear mode

Subject: "are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?" Previous topic | Next topic
rst_eclipseJun-28-12 06:29 AM
Member since Feb 06th 2012
27 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137039, "are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?"

I have had a few people say that these gears don't look right. But they line up right!!

http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds/420a-dsm-parts-for-sale-2/fidanza-cam-gears-420a-fs-plus-a-free-gift-47090/?catid=newentries&cutoffdate=14

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?, freelancefool, Jun-28-12 06:32 AM, #1
RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?, rst_eclipse, Jun-28-12 07:12 AM, #2
RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?, AdministratorCODE4, Jun-28-12 09:12 AM, #3
RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?, 95_ESi_Person, Jun-28-12 02:21 PM, #4
      RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?, JoshDSM, Jun-28-12 04:17 PM, #5
           RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?, 95_ESi_Person, Jun-29-12 07:33 AM, #6
                RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?, Slo2g, Jun-29-12 09:13 AM, #7
                RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?, AdministratorCODE4, Jun-29-12 05:42 PM, #8
                     RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?, 95_ESi_Person, Jun-29-12 05:54 PM, #9
                          RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?, JoshDSM, Jun-29-12 06:31 PM, #10

freelancefoolJun-28-12 06:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137040, "RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?"
In response to Reply # 0

They really don't look right.

My Blog

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rst_eclipseJun-28-12 07:12 AM
Member since Feb 06th 2012
27 posts,
#137041, "RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?"
In response to Reply # 1

They could have changed there design, because they was on back order for 2-3months

AdministratorCODE4Jun-28-12 09:12 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#137042, "RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by rst_eclipse
I have had a few people say that these gears don't look right. But they line up right!! http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds/420a-dsm-parts-for-sale-2/fidanza-cam-gears-420a-fs-plus-a-free-gift-47090/?catid=newentries&cutoffdate=14

Did you mean to ask if they are true? Ask the seller for a picture showing part number on the gears.

---

2012 2500HD LML

95_ESi_PersonJun-28-12 02:21 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#137043, "RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?"
In response to Reply # 3

They look about right.

I have Fidanza cam gears, and both of them are machined differently.

One of mine looks like the red ones that is in the thread (with larger holes), and the another looks almost like the ones in the ad, but bored through (at the recessed area) instead of what looks like a pilot hole. I have a feeling that Fidanza's quality control in the machine shop is a bit lacking in determining if a part has been fully machined or not.

JoshDSMJun-28-12 04:17 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#137044, "RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?"
In response to Reply # 4

I have been talking to the guy about buying these, the Pn doesn't come up as 420a gears. But yes they do line up with the stock gear. He said he got them and no longer need them as he got a 4g63 and these were on back order and forgot he bought them.

95_ESi_PersonJun-29-12 07:33 AM
3260 posts,
#137045, "RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by JoshDSM
I have been talking to the guy about buying these, the Pn doesn't come up as 420a gears. But yes they do line up with the stock gear. He said he got them and no longer need them as he got a 4g63 and these were on back order and forgot he bought them.

The part number written on the box (994204) is the same part number as the ones I have, and they have been working just fine for a couple of years now. Just make sure to line them up with the stockers and mark where the notch is on the stock gear if you do get them.

Slo2gJun-29-12 09:13 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#137046, "RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?"
In response to Reply # 6

Its possible these are the revised cam gears, the earlier design has been known to crack from the webbing. This design looks to be a bit beefier.

AdministratorCODE4Jun-29-12 05:42 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#137047, "RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
Originally posted by JoshDSM I have been talking to the guy about buying these, the Pn doesn't come up as 420a gears. But yes they do line up with the stock gear. He said he got them and no longer need them as he got a 4g63 and these were on back order and forgot he bought them.
The part number written on the box (994204) is the same part number as the ones I have, and they have been working just fine for a couple of years now. Just make sure to line them up with the stockers and mark where the notch is on the stock gear if you do get them.

I saw the box numbers, but the seller could have easily bought some eBay crap and threw them in the box in an attempt to screw someone over.

Do your gears have any part number etching on them?

---

2012 2500HD LML

95_ESi_PersonJun-29-12 05:54 PM
3260 posts,
#137048, "RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?"
In response to Reply # 8
Jun-29-12 05:55 PM by 95_ESi_Person

Originally posted by CODE4 I saw the box numbers, but the seller could have easily bought some eBay crap and threw them in the box in an attempt to screw someone over. Do your gears have any part number etching on them?

Unless there is a part number etched on the backside, no. Pay no attention to the timing on it, I had a bit of an oops that I need to fix. Also, sorry for the gigantic picture.

JoshDSMJun-29-12 06:31 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#137049, "RE: are these ture Fidanza adjustable cam gears?"
In response to Reply # 9

I have a picture of the back of these gears and there is no part number

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137039 Previous topic | Next topic