Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #134783
View in linear mode

Subject: "no power to the fuel pump?" Previous topic | Next topic
AxisAug-03-11 09:46 PM
Member since Jun 06th 2011
23 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134783, "no power to the fuel pump?"

Okay my fuel pump shut down on me the other day while driving and thus my car died. I replaced the fuel pump thinking bam it would be fixed, but alas it doesnt pump. When I checked the wire harness i found it was only getting about 3 volts of power as opposed to 12 which it needs. I replaced the relay with a used one I had laying around and it still didn't work. What else is there to do? Please help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: no power to the fuel pump?, Fotowntalon, Aug-03-11 09:51 PM, #1
RE: no power to the fuel pump?, Axis, Aug-03-11 09:54 PM, #2
      RE: no power to the fuel pump?, Fotowntalon, Aug-03-11 10:57 PM, #3
           RE: no power to the fuel pump?, SilvrEclips, Aug-04-11 07:19 AM, #4
                RE: no power to the fuel pump?, Axis, Aug-05-11 07:38 PM, #5
                     RE: no power to the fuel pump?, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Aug-06-11 10:38 AM, #6
                          RE: no power to the fuel pump?, SilvrEclips, Aug-08-11 06:52 AM, #7
                               RE: no power to the fuel pump?, Axis, Aug-18-11 07:39 PM, #8

FotowntalonAug-03-11 09:51 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134784, "RE: no power to the fuel pump?"
In response to Reply # 0

It is possible both relays are bad, could try a jumper just to rule out the possibility.

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AxisAug-03-11 09:54 PM
23 posts,
#134785, "RE: no power to the fuel pump?"
In response to Reply # 1

how do I jump it?

FotowntalonAug-03-11 10:57 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
#134787, "RE: no power to the fuel pump?"
In response to Reply # 2

Take a wire, and bend it to a "u" shape. then stick it to bridge the connection. For our relays it will be... trying to remember off the top of my head. This post will help (even though its about radiator fans, the jumper relay will work for all relays ) http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=105373&mode=full#105379

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

SilvrEclipsAug-04-11 07:19 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#134788, "RE: no power to the fuel pump?"
In response to Reply # 3

I would test the wire at several points to try and locate the problem, if your getting 3v at the pump then test the wire coming out the relay, if you are still only getting 3v then test power going into the relay. Try and follow it back as far as you can to try and find 12v again

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

AxisAug-05-11 07:38 PM
23 posts,
#134820, "RE: no power to the fuel pump?"
In response to Reply # 4

Well after about 20 hours of checking wires and connections I think it might be the computer because all the wires have connections and when I jump the harness the fuel pump runs. fml

2ndGen-ElTalonAug-06-11 10:38 AM
Member since May 26th 2010
88 posts,
#134821, "RE: no power to the fuel pump?"
In response to Reply # 5

Sounds like you found your problem my friend. Oh the beauty of process of elimination!

Jeff.

Originally posted by 740TurboBrick

"Dsms run on Gasoline, DSMers run on Alcohol...Id bring a tank to refuel the DSMers..."

SilvrEclipsAug-08-11 06:52 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#134840, "RE: no power to the fuel pump?"
In response to Reply # 6

Sounds like a good time to rewire the fuel pump!

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

AxisAug-18-11 07:39 PM
23 posts,
#134891, "RE: no power to the fuel pump?"
In response to Reply # 7

yeah it ended up to be the ecu slapped a used one in it and it started up just like new.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #134783 Previous topic | Next topic