Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1345
View in linear mode

Subject: "Symborski Shift Kit?" Previous topic | Next topic
2GXTASYApr-27-01 12:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1345, "Symborski Shift Kit?"

Anyone tried this....thinking about trying it myself. Hell its only $35 from Mach V. Opinions?

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White
-Squeezin ASAP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Symborski Shift Kit?, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-27-01 12:59 AM, #1
RE: Symborski Shift Kit?, 2GXTASY, Apr-27-01 01:12 AM, #2
RE: Symborski Shift Kit?, Basikstylz, Apr-27-01 01:12 AM, #3
RE: Symborski Shift Kit?, 2GXTASY, Apr-27-01 03:55 AM, #4
RE: Symborski Shift Kit?, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-27-01 04:00 AM, #5
RE: Symborski Shift Kit?, HadesOmega, Apr-27-01 05:17 AM, #6
RE: Symborski Shift Kit?, CoBen67, Apr-28-01 06:27 PM, #7
RE: Symborski Shift Kit?, hudy, May-14-01 06:39 PM, #9
RE: Symborski Shift Kit?, jamesman, May-14-01 10:22 AM, #8
RE: Symborski Shift Kit?, fly1, May-15-01 01:15 AM, #10

TeamMichael_97RSApr-27-01 12:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1346, "RE: Symborski Shift Kit?"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know about that one, but I have the Energy Suspension replacement bushings and you can nitice the feel, feels more accurate in a quick shift. And this is only like $11 at RRE.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar, TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2GXTASYApr-27-01 01:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
#1347, "RE: Symborski Shift Kit?"
In response to Reply # 1

http://store.yahoo.com/machv/symshifkit1.html

Would there be any difference in performance/feel between rubber and metal bushings? Energy Suspension uses rubber right?

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White
-Squeezin ASAP

BasikstylzApr-27-01 01:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
129 posts,
#1348, "RE: Symborski Shift Kit?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah I have just recently put this in my car. It does tighten up the shifting a lot and it is more acurate. But I personally don't like it. Since I put it in everytime I race I miss second. It is has been a lot harder for me to get it in to gear. kinda notchy in most gears. which is why I think it could be I just need to change my tranny fluid. So I am gonna change my fluid this weekend or next and hopefully it will help it out. But everyone else that I know that has it likes it.

Jeff
96Tsi

Mods-Injen intake, GReddy Type S BOV, GReddy Profec B, GC's, Kyb AGX's, CFDF clutch, NGK 1 deg cooler plugs, Magnacor 8.5mm wires, B&M short shifter, and a thermal 3" cat back.

2GXTASYApr-27-01 03:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
#1349, "RE: Symborski Shift Kit?"
In response to Reply # 3

No wait Energy Suspension uses urethane bushings...i think.

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White
-Squeezin ASAP

TeamMichael_97RSApr-27-01 04:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1350, "RE: Symborski Shift Kit?"
In response to Reply # 4

Yes Energy Suspension is Polyurathane. Definately stiffer than rubber, but obviously not as stiff as metal.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar, TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

HadesOmegaApr-27-01 05:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1351, "RE: Symborski Shift Kit?"
In response to Reply # 3

oh oh lemme know how it shifts after, I'm thinking of changing mine sometime also, it's hard to get it into 2nd sometimes when racing on mine but mine is stock. I topped it off once with some other Gear Lube that my teacher told me would work and costed a lot, but I think we're only suppose to use that Texaco MTX stuff. It shifts good when I'be been driving a lot, so perhaps the gear lube is ultra thick or something. A Manual tranny doesn't get that hot, at least not as how as a AT.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | and 1 highly skilled driver |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

CoBen67Apr-28-01 06:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
94 posts,
#1352, "RE: Symborski Shift Kit?"
In response to Reply # 6

I put the Symborski shift kit in this past fall and I LOVE it!!! this made a world of difference in shifting. 2nd gear could be a pain in the arse. Now it's smooth sailing. It does seem more notchy but I like that feel. Next is a short shifter and fluid replacement.

Marc
"CoBen67"
98EclipseGS

hudyMay-14-01 06:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
8 posts,
#1353, "RE: Symborski Shift Kit?"
In response to Reply # 3

That's kinda odd, you missing 2nd all the time. Since I put mine in I haven't missed a gear yet. The kit is a little harder on your tranny however, as the people who have it tend to shift harder.

jamesmanMay-14-01 10:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#1354, "RE: Symborski Shift Kit?"
In response to Reply # 0

put it in a while ago, oh man does it feel good! coupled to a b&m short shift and you got the sweetest shifter on the planet you know what gear it is in all the time no guessing, just a little stiffer to shift man but is is so positive!

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

fly1May-15-01 01:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1355, "RE: Symborski Shift Kit?"
In response to Reply # 0

I put in the Symborski kit last fall and I love it; the shift is now firmer and crisp. It's definitely worth $35. Combined the kit with a quick-shift kit (B&M, Neuspeed, etc) and the difference is night and day. Later.

Fly1
'98 Eclipse GS
HRC stage 2 turbo system

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1345 Previous topic | Next topic