Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127766
View in linear mode

Subject: "Timing problems" Previous topic | Next topic
pdub42Sep-16-09 09:10 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2009
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127766, "Timing problems"

My car is throwing a code p1390 i think it is, says timing is off one tooth or more. Or loose cam sensor or crank sensor. Both sensors have been replaced. I took the timing belt off the crank pulley was 1/2 tooth past tdc when the cam gears were lined up. I put it to 1/2 before and started it back up cel came back on. The cam gears say 2.4L on them is this effecting the timing? The car is a 1995 2.0L non turbo. Other people have told me the timing being off with the gears wont set off a cel so if it doesnt set off a cel then what is setting of the light? any info would help thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

420agreenvilleSCSep-16-09 09:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127767, "RE: Timing problems"
In response to Reply # 0

do the cam gears say 2.4 on the side you can read??

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinSep-16-09 10:58 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#127768, "RE: Timing problems"
In response to Reply # 1

My car has that code. Wont go away. Have had it for two years now.

My timing is damn near PERFECT too, I just did it. I havent replaced any sensors yet, but thats the next project out of boredom.

IMO, if you dont mind or dont need it off, then dont worry about it. It does not affect anything AFAIK.

The 2.4L side should be facing the head btw.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127766 Previous topic | Next topic