Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127161
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help!!! P1391 2500 rpms redlines?" Previous topic | Next topic
RacingEclipseAug-09-09 11:09 PM
Member since Apr 10th 2006
50 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127161, "Help!!! P1391 2500 rpms redlines?"

Ok so I have a 96 eclipse w/420a. Its a Jasper motor I put it in myself. Had no issues even drove it with an open header and no issues. Put a down pipe, stock cat, apexi n1 gst model cat back on it, and installed prothane motor mounts and went to start the car and got nothing. The lights were dim so I thought maybe the battery was dead. Tried to charge it got nothing. Bought a new battery and car started up right away. Was checking for exhaust leaks and car shut off. Did this a few times. I tried to rev the car a little to give it fuel and hear the exhuast and when the rpms it 2500 its like the car is red lining and wont go past that just keeps bouncing. I now have a check engine code on P1391. What the hell is going on with my car? My scanner says "manufacturer ignition malfunction or misfire" I had no issues prior to this few hour job I did which would not effect the car in this way. I see some posts about the crank position sensor? Idk any help would be great here guys.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RacingEclipseAug-10-09 11:05 AM
50 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127173, "RE: Help!!! P1391 2500 rpms redlines?"
In response to Reply # 0

problem solved... crank shaft position sensor wire was broken. sodered it back together and runs great now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Babbz413Aug-10-09 02:52 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#127175, "RE: Help!!! P1391 2500 rpms redlines?"
In response to Reply # 1

good job!

420agreenvilleSCAug-10-09 05:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#127177, "RE: Help!!! P1391 2500 rpms redlines?"
In response to Reply # 2

yea, i'd try looking at your... uh.. you fixed it wow, you're lightning fast

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

RacingEclipseAug-11-09 08:44 PM
50 posts,
#127215, "RE: Help!!! P1391 2500 rpms redlines?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
yea, i'd try looking at your... uh.. you fixed it wow, you're lightning fast

thanks guys. yeah i had to fix it asap it was getting inspected today. failed cause of a shot passanger upper tie rod end and loose driver side wheel bearing? i replaced the tie rod end but my wheel bearing seems fine to me. guess ill put that on tomorrow and get my tags finally.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127161 Previous topic | Next topic