Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127138
View in linear mode

Subject: "need some help " Previous topic | Next topic
badasshorne1Aug-09-09 04:13 AM
Member since Jun 07th 2009
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127138, "need some help "
Aug-09-09 06:28 AM by badasshorne1

The problem I am having is sometimes my car cranks and sometimes it doesnt. Usually when I get in my car it cranks right up, but for a couple weeks now when I get in it, it doesnt crank and the check engine light stays off. It will turn over fine but it wont crank. If I wait a couple of minutes, the check engine light pops back up and it cranks up. Tonight, though, I was driving around and came to a stop light, the light turned green and my car cut off so pushed it to the side and popped the hood, gave the ecu a little hit and it fired right back up. It only does it every now and again. I could use any help I can get please. Thank you.

tons of fun
http://www.2gnt.com/graphics/tons is pic 088.jpg

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: need some serious help please, whtclipse98, Aug-09-09 06:10 AM, #1
RE: need some serious help please, badasshorne1, Aug-09-09 06:30 AM, #2
      RE: need some serious help please, Babbz413, Aug-09-09 08:23 AM, #3
           RE: need some serious help please, whtclipse98, Aug-09-09 10:43 AM, #4
RE: need some help , AdministratorCODE4, Aug-09-09 11:29 AM, #5
RE: need some help , badasshorne1, Aug-09-09 12:06 PM, #6
      RE: need some help , whtclipse98, Aug-09-09 03:08 PM, #7
           RE: need some help , badasshorne1, Aug-09-09 05:21 PM, #8

whtclipse98Aug-09-09 06:10 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
137 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127139, "RE: need some serious help please"
In response to Reply # 0

Check for a bad ecu connection, bad grounds, or worse case, a bad ecu, since you hit the ecu and your car started back up.

Next time use correct gramar. You'll get more responses if your cry for help is not one big jumbled mess of junk running together. It is hard to understand when you do not use commas in the places they need to be. For those who would like the correct use of grammar and would like it easier to read and understand, I have corrected it in the quote.

Originally posted by badasshorne1
The problem I am having is sometimes my car cranks and sometimes it doesnt. Usually when I get in my car it cranks right up, but for a couple weeks now when I get in it, it doesnt crank and the check engine light stays off. It will turn over fine but it wont crank. If I wait a couple of minutes, the check engine light pops back up and it cranks up. Tonight, though, I was driving around and came to a stop light, the light turned green and my car cut off so pushed it to the side and popped the hood, gave the ecu a little hit and it fired right back up. It only does it ever now and again. I could use any help I can get please. Thank you.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

badasshorne1Aug-09-09 06:30 AM
31 posts,
#127140, "RE: need some serious help please"
In response to Reply # 1

i understand, thanks for the help i have another ecu. I will try that and let you know.

tons of fun

Babbz413Aug-09-09 08:23 AM
260 posts,
#127141, "RE: need some serious help please"
In response to Reply # 2

sounds like a fuel pump.

whtclipse98Aug-09-09 10:43 AM
137 posts,
#127144, "RE: need some serious help please"
In response to Reply # 3

Yup forgot about that one. It could also be a crankshaft position sensor or the camshaft position sensor.

AdministratorCODE4Aug-09-09 11:29 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#127146, "RE: need some help "
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by badasshorne1
The problem I am having is sometimes my car cranks and sometimes it doesnt. Usually when I get in my car it cranks right up, but for a couple weeks now when I get in it, it doesnt crank and the check engine light stays off. It will turn over fine but it wont crank. If I wait a couple of minutes, the check engine light pops back up and it cranks up. Tonight, though, I was driving around and came to a stop light, the light turned green and my car cut off so pushed it to the side and popped the hood, gave the ecu a little hit and it fired right back up. It only does it every now and again. I could use any help I can get please. Thank you.

It will help too if you distinguish your words better. Cranking and turning over mean the same thing to most auto technicians.

---

2012 2500HD LML

badasshorne1Aug-09-09 12:06 PM
31 posts,
#127147, "RE: need some help "
In response to Reply # 5

ok thanks for the grammer lesson, if all your gonna do it correct me then do not post on here, im not trying to be rude but i need help if you cant help then dont post. my crank and cam sensors have been replaced already. i replaced the ecu when i got the car, there were speaker wires used as grounds, so i redid them. this problem only occurs every now and again not all the time connection appears to be good and fuel pump is good. any other advice

tons of fun

whtclipse98Aug-09-09 03:08 PM
137 posts,
#127148, "RE: need some help "
In response to Reply # 6
Aug-09-09 03:11 PM by whtclipse98

So you've given us more information to go by now. It would have been nice to have that when you posted before so it would be easier to distinguish that. You said you had another ECU a couple post ago and that you would try that. Did you try it out and see if it made a difference? Parts can be bad from Aftermarket retailers so there is a possibility that you picked up a bad one. You could check out the TPS or IAC because one of those could be cutting in and out periodically causing your problem. Other than that, I am about out of what I think it could be.

Oh do not let people correcting you get to you. I did it to prevent people from ragging you in your future posts. I do agree with you though, it has been brought to your attention so everyone does not need to be posting unless they are trying to help. One person pointing it out is enough.

badasshorne1Aug-09-09 05:21 PM
31 posts,
#127151, "RE: need some help "
In response to Reply # 7

i agree fully, no i havent changed the ecu. I have my egr blocked off and thats about all i can think of extra that i have done. i think its the ecu i will change tommorrow cause had a baby shower to help setup and take down.so ill take it and do tommorrow thank you for your help greatly appreciated.

tons of fun

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127138 Previous topic | Next topic