Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117395
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........." Previous topic | Next topic
LbcgearFeb-26-01 04:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
188 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117395, "New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."

Just wanted to say congratulations to Jake Martin (2GNT Board Username SaberKahn) for becoming the new worlds fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse.

His time slip can be found at:

He is car number 276 in the right lane. Glad you made it out there and represented New Edge Racing to this level.

Good Job Jake !

The Best Parts @ The Lowest Price
http://www.newedgeracing.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., eclipse_gs, Feb-26-01 04:41 AM, #1
RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., SaberKhan, Feb-26-01 11:20 AM, #9
      RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., eclipse_gs, Feb-27-01 03:28 AM, #20
           RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., SaberKhan, Feb-27-01 04:59 AM, #21
                I don't consider those cars real hondas anyway, ModeratorVX100, Feb-27-01 05:33 AM, #22
                RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., eclipse_gs, Feb-27-01 05:50 AM, #23
                     RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., SaberKhan, Feb-27-01 07:14 AM, #24
                          RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., Moderatorjuan, Feb-27-01 07:53 AM, #25
                               RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., eclipse_gs, Feb-27-01 08:34 AM, #27
                               RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., Skrilla, Feb-27-01 11:12 AM, #28
RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., fly1, Feb-26-01 04:58 AM, #2
RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., Moderatorjuan, Feb-26-01 05:45 AM, #3
RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., Lbcgear, Feb-26-01 07:09 AM, #4
      RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., MWC, Feb-26-01 07:45 AM, #5
      RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., RyaN95i4, Feb-26-01 08:09 AM, #6
      RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., SaberKhan, Feb-26-01 11:15 AM, #8
           RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., Moderatorjuan, Feb-26-01 01:23 PM, #12
           RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., SaberKhan, Feb-26-01 04:56 PM, #15
           low MPH, ModeratorVX100, Feb-27-01 01:05 AM, #17
                RE: low MPH, SaberKhan, Feb-27-01 02:09 AM, #18
      RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., Team96NOS_Eclipse, Feb-26-01 04:26 PM, #14
Hell Ya..., Skrilla, Feb-26-01 11:12 AM, #7
RE: Hell Ya..., Irfan, Feb-26-01 11:21 AM, #10
      RE: Hell Ya..., TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-26-01 01:09 PM, #11
           RE: Hell Ya..., MWC, Feb-26-01 02:11 PM, #13
           RE: Hell Ya..., RyaN95i4, Feb-26-01 06:14 PM, #16
                RE: Hell Ya..., TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-27-01 02:39 AM, #19
                     RE: Hell Ya..., RyaN95i4, Feb-27-01 08:01 AM, #26
RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., endless73, Feb-27-01 12:00 PM, #29
RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., Ryan_RS, Feb-27-01 02:33 PM, #30
RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., SaberKhan, Feb-27-01 05:45 PM, #31
      RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., endless73, Feb-28-01 02:56 AM, #32
           RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., magnus, Feb-28-01 05:58 PM, #33
                RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., SaberKhan, Feb-28-01 06:09 PM, #34
                     most SIs I've seen also aren't in 15's, unless they have major work, ModeratorVX100, Mar-01-01 01:28 AM, #35
                     RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., endless73, Mar-01-01 05:19 AM, #36
                          RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........., SaberKhan, Mar-01-01 07:12 AM, #37

eclipse_gsFeb-26-01 04:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117396, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 0

15.58 makes it the worlds fastest NT????? I dont know what to say to this....are you being sarcastic? I ran a 15.9 so I was 4 tenths of a second away from being the WOLRDS fastest NT?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SaberKhanFeb-26-01 11:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#117397, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 1

No sarcasm here. You think 4/10s of a second is nothing? Professional racers spend seasons trying to improve their times by 4/10's of a second. You ran a 15.9 right? Put it this way, if you and I raced, I'd have you by about 5 car links just at the quarter mile, then, after the 1/4 mile (which is where my car actually starts to get fast) you'd be reduced to a tiny dot in my mirror. 4/10's may not sound like much, but at 85+mph, its a good bit.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

eclipse_gsFeb-27-01 03:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#117398, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 9

fine and dandy....your car is obviously faster than mine. But how fast is the worlds fastest non turbo honda civic????? I'll be damned if it isnt quicker than 15's. Not trying to dis you or the fact that you had a good run. But when someone says the WOLRDS fastest....it tends to perk up some ears. I find it hard to beleive that the other guys on this board (Eric???) that have there motors built with hi perf. parts cant run quicker than mid 15's. Is nos allowed in this category???

SaberKhanFeb-27-01 04:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#117399, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 20

I think I said before, ALL MOTOR. Have you ever looked at the database? There's a section for non-turbo with NOS. Talking about comparing apples to oranges. You're comparing a stripped, strung out race prepped track driven honda to a mildly modified street n/a Eclipse? What the hell? And, who's mods basically include an intake, wires and exhaust? You can have the most built motor in the world and say whatever you want, but if you dont have the timeslips to back it up, forget it. This isnt about what you think, or your opinions. Its about facts and slips. I got one, do you? And if someone else that's non-turbo and non-nitrous has a faster time slip and hasnt submitted it, or hasnt gone to the track to record it, shame on them. I havent even bolted up a header or a pulley yet. Maybe I should. I just wanted a slip before I went turbo, and I got it. So, if you have a problem with it, then thats just it, your problem. No one else seems to be griping. Also, I dont consider myself to own the "world's fastest" n/a Eclipse, cause I know there are faster. But I will have the number 1 spot on the DSM drag times until someone bumps me down. And when they do, I'll congratulate them. Then I'll blow by'em and sound the BOV. Hehehe.

1996 RS 5-speed

ModeratorVX100Feb-27-01 05:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#117400, "I don't consider those cars real hondas anyway"
In response to Reply # 21

ok, maybe this is just me, but I REALLY hate it when people call purpose built drag racing cars hondas, or dsms, or mustangs, or WHATEVER! Any 9 second "honda" isn't really a honda, like the guy with the 9 second honda with a 4g63 in it, it's a tube frame chassis with some fiberglass body panels made to look like a civic. But it isn't a honda, there is probably nothing made by honda in the car (well, I don't know that, but I doubt it)

Now, any 9 second car is impressive since you need to dump tons of money into a car to get there. But, a tube frame chassis with some fiberglass and lexan on it isn't a honda, even if it has a honda engine mutated to put out lots of HP at 9500 rpms (or a 4g63, or whatever else you want to put in it) This really goes for any car in my book. I prefer seeing the capabilities of modified street cars, not tube frame chassis.

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

eclipse_gsFeb-27-01 05:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#117401, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 21

"Also, I dont consider myself to own the "world's fastest" n/a Eclipse, cause I know there are faster" Exactly the point I'm trying to make. Read the posts and quit whining.

SaberKhanFeb-27-01 07:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#117402, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 23

No, you proved your point, and we all know what an ass you are. The Honda comparison just furthered proved our assumptions to be correct. So, I'll leave this up to Juan.

1996 RS 5-speed

ModeratorjuanFeb-27-01 07:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#117403, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 24

I don't know why you guys needed to get into a fight here, but it's totally unneccessary. I'd like to see it stop.

- unless you have a timeslip, any claims for how fast a car is are irrelevant. Things like "I beat so-and-so in a whatever, and he does XX.X" are not considered an _authoritative_ indication of ET potential. This is the accepted practice in ANY car club.

- In the DSM world, the DSM Times Page is accepted by all to be the official list of ET records. If you don't submit your slip there, then your time won't be considered official. If you do set the best time in a category, you are within your right to claim Worlds Fastest title. If someone out there thinks they are faster, the onus is on them to find a track and get a timeslip. Thats just the way it works.

- If your time doesn't appear soon after you submit it, send a message to the maintainer of that page. If you don't get any response, let me know offline.

juan

eclipse_gsFeb-27-01 08:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#117404, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 25

Oh well, I guess not everybody is open to discussing issues without blowing up. Still, thats one bad experience over a million good ones on this site. Not bad odds huh. If of course the powers that be decide that my words here started a fight......then my deepest apologies oh great ones.

SkrillaFeb-27-01 11:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#117405, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 25

Just as a side note I wanted to post this as a reminder - anyone could easily feel attacked even myself, if my BEST was put on display and the 1st thing out of anyone's mouth was negative even ever so slightly. I know what is meant when only a mid 15 second quater mile is posted and compared to hondas best but we also need to consider that the little Civics and Integras out there are being sold at numbers as high as 700,000 a year as a total together. That greatly out numbers us to them. We aren't well known like honda are much more exclusive. So with that said, until someone else puts a better number on the charts we should be proud of our brethren.

Anyway it's all about what we use to go fast and we chose to use the NT DSM as the solution

This isn't about "taking sides" I'm not allowed (I'm a moderator) so I say this to everyone-I would just prefer to see some more encouragement of our best actions thus far, and what can be done to improve them. We are here to challenge the opinion and not the person so keep it objectiv

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

fly1Feb-26-01 04:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117406, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 0

That's good to hear. It's pretty impressive, considering the ~2850 lbs curb weight.

Fly1
http://fastgs.homestead.com/fastgs.html

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

ModeratorjuanFeb-26-01 05:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#117407, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 26-Feb-01 AT 10:45 AM (PST)

Good job!

Now, get those numbers submitted to the DSM Drag Times page at http://times.dsm.org. That is considered the official list of who's fastest. (note to all - they have a FWD non-turbo section - thats us!)

juan

LbcgearFeb-26-01 07:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
188 posts,
#117408, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 3

He did that last night Juan I wonder how long it takes them to update that list any one know ?

http://www.heckconsulting.com/dsm/drag.html

The Best Parts @ The Lowest Price
http://www.newedgeracing.com

MWCFeb-26-01 07:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#117409, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 4

LAST EDITED ON 26-Feb-01 AT 12:46 PM (PST)

I dont know but I havent seen HRC's 11 sec pass on there. Either I missed it, or we arent considered true DSM's to those 4G63 boy's. I am blind though, so if I missed it then tell me and I will look again.
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!MWC
P.S that has to be an "all motor" car, correct? No nitrous, and no turbo, just motor I hope.
Great job SaberKahn!

http://smkn95eclipsemwc.homestead.com/mainpage.html

RyaN95i4Feb-26-01 08:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#117410, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 5

Hahn's 11.7 pass is on there

i wonder if theyll put an avenger on there, hehe
same powertrain...hhmmm

www.groundfloormotorsports.com

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

SaberKhanFeb-26-01 11:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#117411, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks alot! Nope, no nitrous. All motor. What's more surprising is the fact that I can run this (and better) consistently with the mods I have. As of now my mods include: Tenzo short ram intake with cold air piping (not CAI), stock plugs and Nology Hotwires, gutted cat and a Greddy Power Extreme cat-back exhaust. Also, about two years ago I had the intake and head port matched. If you'll look at the timeslip, my reaction time was 1.1secs! Horrible =oP So, with an average reaction time, I wouldve been in the lower 15's which is what I'm actually running. Also, I'm still not satisfied with that run. I know what a good launch feels like in my car, and that wasnt as good as I've done. So, I'm going to try to get one more run at the track before I go turbo. Wish me luck.

1996 RS 5-speed

ModeratorjuanFeb-26-01 01:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#117412, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 8

>If you'll look at the timeslip, my reaction time was
>1.1secs! Horrible =oP
>So, with an average reaction time, I wouldve been in
>the lower 15's which is what I'm actually running.

Remember that reaction time has nothing to do with elapsed time. The ET timer doesnt start until your wheels trip the lights when you start moving. The reaction time is only the time from when the light goes green to when you trip the lights.

If you are going for the best ET, sometimes its better to ignore reaction time and just concentrate on your launch. Many times I've let the ugly, smelly and ridiculously loud V8 in the other lane take off so I can actually hear my engine when launching.

This is of course different if you are bracket racing, where the total time (RT + ET) is whats important.

juan

SaberKhanFeb-26-01 04:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#117413, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 12

This was bracket racing. I was told that during this ID event, the reaction times would be added to the 1/4 mile times. I myself didnt know what to make of it.

1996 RS 5-speed

ModeratorVX100Feb-27-01 01:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#117414, "low MPH"
In response to Reply # 8

you didn't hit the brakes at the end there, did you?

that's a real good 60' If we can hook up off the line, I guess we don't need high mph to get good time

BUT WE SHALL SEE HOW LONG THAT TIME LASTS!

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

competition is a good thing, and like I said before, if all these mid 15 sec NTs show up at the shootout, it's going to be a real fun time

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH <--- If you think that's it, you're wrong!

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

SaberKhanFeb-27-01 02:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#117415, "RE: low MPH"
In response to Reply # 17

Yeah, I noticed the speed was low as well. I had a low 16 sec pass that had a speed of over 88mph. *shrug*

1996 RS 5-speed

Team96NOS_EclipseFeb-26-01 04:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
294 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117416, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 4

>He did that last night Juan
> I wonder how long
>it takes them to update
>that list any one know
>?

Hehe, who knows. We sent 1n the required 2 timeslips with the same time from the same day, also proved we were part of club DSM last August and they haven't put it up yet.
They have updated others since then so I emailed to find out why they hadn't put ours on but no responce, wonder whats up?

Michelle

1997 Eclipse RS
1991 Eclipse GSX
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1989 Dodge Daytona 2.5 turbo
(tinker car)
1996 Eclipse base model RIP

SkrillaFeb-26-01 11:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#117417, "Hell Ya..."
In response to Reply # 0

...GOOD JOB!! That's GS-R stomping territory

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

IrfanFeb-26-01 11:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
#117418, "RE: Hell Ya..."
In response to Reply # 7

so bill hahn has the fastest FWD 2G- even better than the GS-T's?

2GNT Member #76, since Fall 1999

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Drove: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE
1999 Eclipse GS Hahn Stage 1

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-26-01 01:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#117419, "RE: Hell Ya..."
In response to Reply # 10

Yes, as far as second generation FWD cars that don't use nitrous, HRC's car is the very fastest on the record there. It's funny how many over on DSMtalk.com shoot off that 4g63's can be made "easy" 12 second daily drivers or whatever.

From a quick glance at that list, there's 25 or so. In my mind that's not such an easy thing according to those numbers. Especially how many people suscribe to Club DSM.

By the way, I wish that some of the 13 second passers from this board will also post. There's at least 3 or 4 as I remember. 420a's with those times listed on that list add a significant amount of legitimacy to our engines.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

MWCFeb-26-01 02:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#117420, "RE: Hell Ya..."
In response to Reply # 11

Oh dont worry Jason, I have a funny feeling this year is going to be the year of the 420A's. The flood gates are about to open and unleash some bad azz 420A's, turbo'd and non turbo'd alike. I sart tomarrow in my rebuilding, and down time is forcasted for 2 weeks. After my breakin miles I will hope to be one of the "beast" to be unleashed. Once again, Great job Saber on that time slip.
SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!MWC

http://smkn95eclipsemwc.homestead.com/mainpage.html

RyaN95i4Feb-26-01 06:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#117421, "RE: Hell Ya..."
In response to Reply # 11

umm..actually theres 259 12.999 sec or better cars in the AWD no Nos category alone, 450 running 13.999 or better in AWD No Nos...

all the awd nos cars on that list are running 13.09 or faster (17,16 in the 12s or better)

another 35 4g63 fwd no nos cars running 12.999 or better, another 2 w/ nos

so that would be 312 4g63 cars running 12.999 or better, not 25

im all for the 420a tho, i think its capable of being a better motor, and i think a lot of guys from THIS board will prove that this season

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-27-01 02:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#117422, "RE: Hell Ya..."
In response to Reply # 16

Ahh, leave it to the clever avenger owner to get all technical on me...

Actually , I left out any of the AWD owners b/c in my mind, they're a breed of their own. The advantage of turbo'ing off the line in AWD form in probably first generation form is awesome. I wish I had an extra 2 grand floating around. I'd pick up a 1g AWD in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, my wife would kill me. So now I'm just trying to get my brother to buy one.

Also, I guess I didn't include any 11 second times or any first generation DSM's. (BTW, there's only ONE 2g 4g63 FWD in the 11 second category-11.855) Why? They're lighter and totally different in my mind. Also, the arguments I would have with a 1g owner are totally different. It's sort of the same reason I wouldn't get a ninety-ish mustang. Sure, it's really fast and cheap, BUT it doesn't look nearly as nice as my freshly waxed talon that's sitting outside my window right now.

For me, it's all 2g FWD 4g63 vs 2g FWD 420a in my last statement. That's a fair enough challenge in my own eyes.

Buck for buck, hp for hp, the 1g AWD DSM is a street monster! }>

Oh, this one's for you Ryan! LOL

Got Boost?...I do.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

RyaN95i4Feb-27-01 08:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#117423, "RE: Hell Ya..."
In response to Reply # 19

hehe, sorry bout gettin technical, im just jealous! lol

got boost?...ask me again in 4 months

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

endless73Feb-27-01 12:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
#117424, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 0

hey saberkhan, i'm the guy with the 15.621 @ 89.50 mph that was set like 2 years ago. i wanted to congratulate you on your accomplishment, and to let you know that i finally have a reason to come out of retirement and race again So i'm assuming you're from houston, too? if so, then we'll have to meet up at the track some day.

Eclipse-15.621 @ 89.5 mph
M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?section=profile&username=endless73

Ryan_HesFeb-27-01 02:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#117425, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 29

Got boost? No. But I'll most likely be boosting that funny gas in about 4 months.

Soon to go Nitro.

Ryan
Ryeguy2002@Hotmail.com
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

http://www.monkeygods.com/Ryan
(Fast connection suggested)

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

SaberKhanFeb-27-01 05:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#117426, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 29

Hey! Evan, great to hear from you. =o) Thanks alot. I appreciate it. Shaun said you were a cool guy. Actually, both Shaun and I are from Beaumont, but thats only a little over an hour away. Glad I could get you awake, hehe. My next race will be in June at the World Import Showoff in Houston, but I'll be turbocharged and intercooled by then. We could still race if you wanted too =oP

1996 RS 5-speed

endless73Feb-28-01 02:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
#117427, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 31

too bad i missed your run. i was supposed to come out last weekend, but some stuff came up. i'll be sure to be out there in june. tell shaun i said what's up. how is his new shop doing? i got sponsorship from him a few months ago, but my car has been dormant, so not much has been happening with my car. actually, i'm in the process of looking for my next car, which hopefully in a about a year, will be on the track, and maybe running up on you. oh, that car i'm looking for? 2001 or 2002 M3.

M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!

magnusFeb-28-01 05:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
229 posts,
#117428, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 32

I know this argument is old but i just got on. 15.5 is pretty fast my best is a regretful 16.4 but i do feel a lil shame when i see stock si's running 15.8's and lower. Still much love to the NT generation 2 Magnus

SaberKhanFeb-28-01 06:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#117429, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 33

Take this into consideration. This was my first time at the track. I plan on going back and pulling a high 14 outta my hat with some suspension work, cause I suspect my rear shocks may be blown. Also, I didnt see even one stock Si running a 15. Hell, there was a DRAG turbocharged Si only running mid-low 15's. Shaun and I smacked the other ones around like lil' bitches. ;o)

1996 RS 5-speed

ModeratorVX100Mar-01-01 01:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#117430, "most SIs I've seen also aren't in 15's, unless they have major work"
In response to Reply # 34

those guys can't launch, I always see them stuck right at 16.0 or something.

now, some are really fast though, one supercharged one was running somewhere in the 14s

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

endless73Mar-01-01 05:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
#117431, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 34

LAST EDITED ON 01-Mar-01 AT 10:35 AM (PST)

Is it just me, or are all the quickest 2gnt Eclipses from Texas?

So when do you plan on going back to the track, Jake? Maybe I'll make an appearance. I just figured out how to do this signiture thing, too.

Evan Lau
15.621 @ 89.5 mph

M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!

SaberKhanMar-01-01 07:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#117432, "RE: New Fastest Non-Turbo Eclipse........."
In response to Reply # 36

I'm not sure when I'm going back. There's an event going on this weekend there, and next weekend I'll be in College Station. I'm going turbo very soon, so I'd like a few more runs before I do. Kinda sucked that my first time at the track was a televised national event, but oh well. Good experience =o) Also, there's a small chance that I might get a set of shocks and Skunk coil-overs soon, and if so I'm definitely going back.

www.newedgeracing.com

1996 RS 5-speed

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #117395 Previous topic | Next topic