Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #116555
View in linear mode

Subject: "*sniff* *sniff* i smell gas!!" Previous topic | Next topic
nicerydezFeb-20-08 06:05 AM
Member since Jan 18th 2008
22 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116555, "*sniff* *sniff* i smell gas!!"

Okay so i put a FMU and a 255lph pump.. and now i find that when ever i get boosted.. i can smell gas in my car.. :-s now i dont mind the smell... but i'm starting to get light headed.. lol
i checked the lines on the FMU (thinking that under boost, the pressure, it might be leaking??) but of course.. i cant check while it's boosting... but there is nothing on the lines.. so my next step was to look under the seat.. everything is looking okay in the pump area?? any idea's?

thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-20-08 06:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116556, "RE: *sniff* *sniff* i smell gas!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Check your injector o-rings.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

foggy45Feb-20-08 07:11 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#116557, "RE: *sniff* *sniff* i smell gas!!"
In response to Reply # 1

if your connected to your test port on your rail, id check that as well. my test port broke and rotated in the rail itself. i couldnt find it until i cleaned it then presurised my fuel system, then i notied the leak.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

nicerydezFeb-20-08 07:46 AM
22 posts,
#116558, "RE: *sniff* *sniff* i smell gas!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Oh okay.. good call.. thanks, i'll check it tonight after work... hope it's not going to be too much of a job..

NoogaboxFeb-21-08 09:10 AM
Member since Feb 01st 2008
96 posts,
#116559, "RE: *sniff* *sniff* i smell gas!!"
In response to Reply # 3

I have the same problem, I can visually see the Number one injector and some from the number two a little wet after a boosted run with the fuel pressure around 90-100 psi. I just recieved My freshly powdercoated intake and new accel 270cc injectors. I bet when the injectors, o-rings and intake are replace it will seal tight ( the powdercoating make the seal just a little tighter) I will be taking pictures of the fix I did in a few days after the car gets back from paint. I believe the o-rings , new injectors ($160) and powdercoating will make a better seal, and look tons better!

Upgradecar.blogspot.com for the Candy Red Turbocharged 420a, Xbox Talon

Dreamcasteclipse.blogspot.com for the Raspberry 4g63T Dreamcast GST

nicerydezFeb-22-08 04:20 AM
22 posts,
#116560, "RE: *sniff* *sniff* i smell gas!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah i checked it out.. and i cant see anything wrong with gas leaking out of the injectors..

so i decided to change the line that i ran from the pump to the metal hard line.. i cut the stock connector, ran a larger fuel line and some aftermarket connectors and such.. and now i cant smell gas anymore?? i dont know if there was something to do with the old line? leaking under pressure?? i'm not sure?? but everything seems to be fine now... well excepet some jerking around when under 5 pounds.. but i figure it might be the plugs?? (off topic, i know)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #116555 Previous topic | Next topic