Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #103463
View in linear mode

Subject: "wow need a little help like every one else!" Previous topic | Next topic
bud660rMar-28-07 09:49 AM
Member since Dec 17th 2006
68 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103463, "wow need a little help like every one else!"

ok heres whats goin on with my ride: i am just drivin down the road and then randomly the car will just shut off,it doesnt sputer or chug, it just shuts off, kinda like i am turning the key off, but the key is still on WTF?

can some one point me in a direction to start looking for my problem.
also my egr system is all f-ed up could this cause it "i am just to lazy to put in my block of plates"

sorry for any bad spelling "wow this should be my sig" lol
thanks guys.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: wow need a little help like every one else!, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-13-07 03:44 AM, #1
RE: wow need a little help like every one else!, thedawg, Mar-13-07 07:42 AM, #2
      RE: wow need a little help like every one else!, talon749, Mar-13-07 07:47 AM, #3
           RE: wow need a little help like every one else!, bud660r, Mar-13-07 11:55 AM, #4
                RE: wow need a little help like every one else!, thedawg, Mar-14-07 07:39 AM, #5
                     RE: wow need a little help like every one else!, bud660r, Mar-14-07 12:00 PM, #6
                          RE: wow need a little help like every one else!, dsmracr420a, Mar-20-07 06:27 PM, #7
                               RE: wow need a little help like every one else!, bud660r, Mar-22-07 01:44 PM, #8
                                    RE: wow need a little help like every one else!, dsmracr420a, Mar-23-07 08:28 AM, #9
                                         RE: wow need a little help like every one else!, bud660r, Mar-23-07 09:54 AM, #10

RoninEclipse2GMar-13-07 03:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103466, "RE: wow need a little help like every one else!"
In response to Reply # 0

the EGR shouldn't have anything to do with it, even stuck constantly open it would only hurt your fuel mileage, maybe eventually causing the car to run gradually worse over time, not kill it at random intervals, you could have a loose or corroded crank or cam sensor harness plug that intermittantly looses connection. that's my thoughts. any more input guys?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thedawgMar-13-07 07:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#103479, "RE: wow need a little help like every one else!"
In response to Reply # 1

If your car is a 1995, replace the ECU.

http://car-part.com

talon749Mar-13-07 07:47 AM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
421 posts,
#103482, "RE: wow need a little help like every one else!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by thedawg
If your car is a 1995, replace the ECU. http://car-part.com

ditto, check and see if you have the ECU flash, mine was done in like '99 and it fixes that problem, It will be clearly labeled either on the outside of the PCM housing, or under your hood

-Keith

'92 BMW 325i - 3.91 LSD....Cold air intake....M52 headers.....Track pipe....Remus back....Fan Delete....UUC short throw...M3 Clutch Flywheel & Drive Shaft...Tien Coil overs

I <3 the twisties

bud660rMar-13-07 11:55 AM
68 posts,
#103495, "RE: wow need a little help like every one else!"
In response to Reply # 3

ya it's 95!
is it just a sticker showing it was flashed! but i dont think it has been!

enyone got one for sale lol!

thedawgMar-14-07 07:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#103510, "RE: wow need a little help like every one else!"
In response to Reply # 4

The ECU flash does not solve the cutting out problem, it solves the problem of the CEL being lit after the PSAI system has been removed under recall. Both of you have had the recall performed, most everyone has, and therefore you got the flash at the same time.

The problem the original poster is describing is a factory defect in the ECU. It is a circuit board construction problem. You need a new ECU. I already posted a link where you can buy them.

bud660rMar-14-07 12:00 PM
68 posts,
#103518, "RE: wow need a little help like every one else!"
In response to Reply # 5

i accually found out that my alternator is going out "or is now out"
but thanks for the tips, i will have to see if my ECU is bad after i replace my alternator

dsmracr420aMar-20-07 06:27 PM
Member since Oct 16th 2006
64 posts,
#103573, "RE: wow need a little help like every one else!"
In response to Reply # 6

Mine did the same thing when the crank sensor went out.

Project 2.4/Big ass turbo now underway....

bud660rMar-22-07 01:44 PM
68 posts,
#103602, "RE: wow need a little help like every one else!"
In response to Reply # 7
Mar-22-07 01:57 PM by bud660r

ok so i guess i didnt fix it! but what does the car do when the crank sensor goes out, does it just shut off like mine is doing?
it dosent shut off all the time. but it likes to do it when i am pushing it!

is it posible to get an ECU from a diffrent eclips say like a 96!
or dosent it work like that!

i looked on that site and if i get a new one dosent it have to be programed!

dsmracr420aMar-23-07 08:28 AM
Member since Oct 16th 2006
64 posts,
#103609, "RE: wow need a little help like every one else!"
In response to Reply # 8

Yeah it would just shut off like I turned the key off, at completely random times and then would restart after a couple minutes.

Project 2.4/Big ass turbo now underway....

bud660rMar-23-07 09:54 AM
68 posts,
#103612, "RE: wow need a little help like every one else!"
In response to Reply # 9

wow ok this is something i am going to look in too. thanks alot man!
is there eny other symptoms to a cam sensor going out? besides it just shuting off.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #103463 Previous topic | Next topic