Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2004 DSM ShootOut topic #2006
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ride Home in the RS" Previous topic | Next topic
HahnRacecraftKidAug-17-04 06:24 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
44 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2006, "Ride Home in the RS"

First off, i would like to thank everyone for a great time and i cannot wait until next year. But anyway, driving home at like 9 with Thura, Dino and my dad in the RS. You may all would think highly of it, but there is no air conditioning, heater, radio or cd player, but other than that it was a good time. Except the first thing my dad said was "DO NOT BOOST IT!". That kinda killed it but it was still a fun ride. We stopped at a Gas station and we were all a bit tired and my dad asked if Dino wanted to drive the RS and let me sleep. But Dino replied with "I dont know, its kind of intimidating" (Later he told me that he didnt know if he could take the whole NON BOOSTING aspect of driving it, but other then that it was a fun ride and just a little bit cold. I ended up driving half of the time with my dads racing Jacket on lmao.

95 RS Eclipse

16.067 @ 87.43 MPH

Replaced that fricken clutch all by myself.

Greddy SP cat-back exhaust
17" Enkei RF-1's
AEM cold air intake

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Ride Home in the RS, TeamDR1665, Aug-17-04 06:59 PM, #1
RE: Ride Home in the RS, QC DSM ESiT, Aug-17-04 07:12 PM, #2
RE: Ride Home in the RS, ashaleenicole, Aug-17-04 07:41 PM, #3
      RE: Ride Home in the RS, Diceman19, Aug-18-04 02:06 AM, #4
           RE: Ride Home in the RS, Moderatormicyek, Aug-18-04 02:17 AM, #5
                RE: Ride Home in the RS, Teametx, Aug-18-04 03:51 AM, #6
RE: Ride Home in the RS, TeamAvenger, Aug-18-04 05:32 AM, #7
RE: Ride Home in the RS, HahnRacecraftKid, Aug-18-04 08:52 AM, #8
      RE: Ride Home in the RS, TeamMichael_97RS, Aug-18-04 10:23 AM, #9
      RE: Ride Home in the RS, Diceman19, Aug-18-04 12:01 PM, #10
           RE: Ride Home in the RS, QC DSM ESiT, Aug-18-04 02:46 PM, #11
                RE: Ride Home in the RS, TeamDR1665, Aug-18-04 04:07 PM, #12
                     RE: Ride Home in the RS, HahnRacecraftKid, Aug-23-04 06:39 AM, #13
                          RE: Ride Home in the RS, QC DSM ESiT, Aug-25-04 02:49 PM, #14
                               RE: Ride Home in the RS, QC DSM ESiT, Aug-28-04 01:03 PM, #15

TeamDR1665Aug-17-04 06:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2008, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 0

LOL! Rock on Adam! I coulda sworn I saw a radio in that thing. Even so, you're the only member here (besides dad that is) who can say he drove that thing. Not too habby imo. Nice meeting you man. Until next year...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

QC DSM ESiTAug-17-04 07:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#2010, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by HahnRacecraftKid
First off, i would like to thank everyone for a great time and i cannot wait until next year. But anyway, driving home at like 9 with Thura, Dino and my dad in the RS. You may all would think highly of it, but there is no air conditioning, heater, radio or cd player, but other than that it was a good time. Except the first thing my dad said was "DO NOT BOOST IT!". That kinda killed it but it was still a fun ride. We stopped at a Gas station and we were all a bit tired and my dad asked if Dino wanted to drive the RS and let me sleep. But Dino replied with "I dont know, its kind of intimidating" (Later he told me that he didnt know if he could take the whole NON BOOSTING aspect of driving it, but other then that it was a fun ride and just a little bit cold. I ended up driving half of the time with my dads racing Jacket on lmao.

Man I would have loved to drive the RS but the whole no boost thing would really suck. It sucks in my car when I'm trying not to boost let alone a car that is 2 or 3 times faster then mine. It was awesome meeting you and your dad. You guys need to stay at the Best Western next year and hang out with us. Anyway nice meeting you and your dad and I hope to see ya next year.

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

ashaleenicoleAug-17-04 07:41 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
608 posts,
#2011, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey Adam, im just glad you made it home alright. Did you end up stopping or driving straight through?

www.myspace.com/ashaleenicole

98 RS-T* A/T Hahn 16g on a fully built motor
98 GS* 5-spd Stock Daily Driver

Let's goooo mountaineers!

Diceman19Aug-18-04 02:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#2023, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 3

way to go mang, but that whole not boosting it thing would kill it for me too. and i can believe dino 100% when he says i dont know if i could handle not boosting it. ROFL. that is a mighty intimidating car if i might say so my self. make sure you guys get back to the shootout next year so we can rock out again!

ModeratormicyekAug-18-04 02:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#2025, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-18-04 02:21 AM by micyek

It was great meeting you and your Dad Adam. You're a hella smart kid and I look foward to seeing what you can do at the track and at the shop.

*edit*

You're first points to you IMO

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

TeametxAug-18-04 03:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#2028, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah Adam, I remember you saying you wanted to drive it before shit hit the fan. You got your wish! It's was great to finally meet you and your old man, heh. Until next year!

TeamAvengerAug-18-04 05:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#2036, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 0

Sure, not boosting. You know I was driving right behind you! I saw everything! Just kidding ... you have more restraint than I do. Hurry up and fix the clutch in your RS so you can get back to the track.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

HahnRacecraftKidAug-18-04 08:52 AM
44 posts,
#2046, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 7

Yea i had a great time meeting all of you guys too. But to tell you the truth there was a time or 2 when i did boost it haha. I timed it in my head and i a passed a guy in bout 3 seconds LMAO. And next year will be even better, i promise i wont break nothing and we will have the RS booming for you all. Not to mention i will be booste

95 RS Eclipse

16.067 @ 87.43 MPH

17" Enkei RF-1's
AEM cold air intake

TeamMichael_97RSAug-18-04 10:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#2056, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 8

Nice seeing you again Adam. The entire weekend was a blast. How was your school stuff the next day?

But your Dad and you are still theives, you stole my wheels! buwahahaaa. (I loaned them to the RS so we could trailer Thura home, for those of you who weren't there).

I can't wait until next year.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
So. All that's left, is... everything - Jesse James

Diceman19Aug-18-04 12:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#2064, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 8

Yea i had a great time meeting all of you guys too. But to tell you the truth there was a time or 2 when i did boost it haha. I timed it in my head and i a passed a guy in bout 3 seconds LMAO. And next year will be even better, i promise i wont break nothing and we will have the RS booming for you all. Not to mention i will be booste

you know your dad reads this forum right? mmmwwwaaaahahahahaha.

j/k

QC DSM ESiTAug-18-04 02:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#2075, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 10

I have some video of you driving the RS around the pit area. If you want to me to post it up here just say so.

98 Dodge Neon R/T

TeamDR1665Aug-18-04 04:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#2087, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 11

And you were sucking on that keychain like mad. Just dreaming of the day when you would be cruising down the highway in that beast. LOL! You should ask your dad if you can "borrow the car" on prom night imo. That would be sweet.

HahnRacecraftKidAug-23-04 06:39 AM
44 posts,
#2152, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 12

Ya, post some pics of me in the pits with it. And driving around on prom night would be the shit...At my school they have a car show for the seniors, and i cannot wait for that (only a junior this year). But i wonder which car i should bring lol, the RS (show off power), The 03 Neon (show off good looks, *HRC's show car*), or my car lol, so many to choose from........

95 RS Eclipse

16.067 @ 87.43 MPH

17" Enkei RF-1's
AEM cold air intake

QC DSM ESiTAug-25-04 02:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#2180, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 13

Here is the video I have of you driving the RS. It is just a quick video of you driving by. I know someone else might have some pictures.

http://www.quadcitiesdsm.com/jordan/videos/Adam%20Hahn.wmv

98 Dodge Neon R/T

QC DSM ESiTAug-28-04 01:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#2183, "RE: Ride Home in the RS"
In response to Reply # 14

Here is a pic. I got that I didn't realise I had untill a day or so ago.

98 Dodge Neon R/T

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2004 DSM ShootOut topic #2006 Previous topic | Next topic