Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2004 DSM ShootOut topic #702
View in linear mode

Subject: "Travel Warning I-80" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMichael_97RSMar-11-04 05:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#702, "Travel Warning I-80"

My uncle tells me that I-80 is down to one lane between the Illinois/Indiana border (indiana side) to Cline Avenue. It's a 4 year construction plan or something.

Those of you who were in the Chicago caravan remember how bad that was last year... now put it down to one lane.

I'll look for something that circumvents this crap closer to the shoot out. And find out what parts they have torn to hell over the summer.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus
It's holding down the garage floor right now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Travel Warning I-80, TeamAvenger, Mar-11-04 05:35 AM, #1
RE: Travel Warning I-80, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-11-04 06:23 AM, #2
RE: Travel Warning I-80, whodatt1, Mar-11-04 08:37 AM, #3
RE: Travel Warning I-80, SILVERNT, Mar-11-04 08:44 AM, #4
      RE: Travel Warning I-80, TeamMichael_97RS, Mar-11-04 08:47 AM, #5
RE: Travel Warning I-80, TeamDR1665, Mar-11-04 11:13 AM, #6
      RE: Travel Warning I-80, SILVERNT, Mar-11-04 11:52 AM, #7
           RE: Travel Warning I-80, oRACLe063, Mar-11-04 01:14 PM, #8
           RE: Travel Warning I-80, totaleklipse97, Mar-11-04 02:52 PM, #9
           RE: Travel Warning I-80, TeamMichael_97RS, Mar-11-04 06:24 PM, #10
                RE: Travel Warning I-80, TeamDR1665, Mar-12-04 06:07 AM, #11
                     RE: Travel Warning I-80, Cereal5, Mar-16-04 06:02 PM, #12
RE: Travel Warning I-80, WickedESi, Mar-16-04 09:05 PM, #13
      RE: Travel Warning I-80, soulcontroller, Mar-17-04 06:44 AM, #14
           RE: Travel Warning I-80, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-17-04 08:06 AM, #15
                RE: Travel Warning I-80, TeamMichael_97RS, Mar-17-04 08:28 AM, #16
                     RE: Travel Warning I-80, Teametx, Mar-30-04 05:57 AM, #17

TeamAvengerMar-11-04 05:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#703, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 0

I believe the I remember that. I-80 sucked. Plus it has toll. I remember the what Dino said when we were pulling up to the toll both ... "Toll?! ... Fuck a bunch of toll!"

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-11-04 06:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#704, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Avenger
I believe the I remember that. I-80 sucked. Plus it has toll. I remember the what Dino said when we were pulling up to the toll both ... "Toll?! ... Fuck a bunch of toll!"

NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TOLL!! Fuck. A bunch. Of TOLL.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

whodatt1Mar-11-04 08:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#705, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 2

ohh yeah and the one on 90 just went up also sux.

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

SILVERNTMar-11-04 08:44 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#706, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 3

Michael, rent a hummer with a plow on the front, youll be able to make a path for all of us! and Toll? fuck that shit. last shootout was the 1st time ive ever paid toll......i didnt like it.

TeamMichael_97RSMar-11-04 08:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#707, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 4

Yes.. I'll say it again... Welcome to Chicago.

una salus victus

TeamDR1665Mar-11-04 11:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#708, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by Avenger I believe the I remember that. I-80 sucked. Plus it has toll. I remember the what Dino said when we were pulling up to the toll both ... "Toll?! ... Fuck a bunch of toll!"

And then someone's car died on the highway and he was lucky to get back into the pack. Who was that again?

SILVERNTMar-11-04 11:52 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#709, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by Avenger I believe the I remember that. I-80 sucked. Plus it has toll. I remember the what Dino said when we were pulling up to the toll both ... "Toll?! ... Fuck a bunch of toll!"
And then someone's car died on the highway and he was lucky to get back into the pack. Who was that again?

that would be michael

oRACLe063Mar-11-04 01:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#710, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 7

oracle pays 4 dollars to go interborough in new york city. From bronx to queens.... Tolls suck ass!!! just thought i would share my distain for spending 8 bucks within 25 mintues in tolls

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

totaleklipse97Mar-11-04 02:52 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#711, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 8

just go through I-Pass bwahaha no tolls that way!! but yea they have been doing construction on I-80 for as long as i can remember. Im sure we can find a way around it.

my car will sound like, bumbabumbubavrooooooooooooooomrooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhh, kishhhhhh
www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=643
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

TeamMichael_97RSMar-11-04 06:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#712, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by SILVERNT
that would be michael

Road-Side Idle Repair... get it right.

una salus victus

TeamDR1665Mar-12-04 06:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#713, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Michael_97RS
Originally posted by SILVERNT
that would be michael
Road-Side Idle Repair... get it right.

That would make it "R-SIR" Michael had an R-SIR? How ricey does that sound? LOL.

Cereal5Mar-16-04 06:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1016 posts,
#724, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 11

I-pass whattttt... gotta love it.

amiller99rs: seriously, chicks suck sometimes
amiller99rs: like if a girl walked by and said "Hey, nice cock" and just kept going you'd smile all day about that

WickedESiMar-16-04 09:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#725, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Avenger

You don't pay no tolls, we don't eat no rolls.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

soulcontrollerMar-17-04 06:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#727, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 13
Mar-17-04 06:44 AM by soulcontroller

jam on the way last year. i wish i had a better pic, but it was pretty damn huge.

TeamXtremeRSMar-17-04 08:06 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#728, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 14

Are we still going to plan to meet up in Toledo? Our meeting place last year was right off the ohio turnpike (80/90)..Us MI people have to add to the caravan damnit!

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

TeamMichael_97RSMar-17-04 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#729, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Are we still going to plan to meet up in Toledo? Our meeting place last year was right off the ohio turnpike (80/90)..Us MI people have to add to the caravan damnit!

Yes... but only because there's 2 Matt's not 3.

una salus victus

TeametxMar-30-04 05:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#751, "RE: Travel Warning I-80"
In response to Reply # 16

Us MI guys can just meet you guys on the OTHER side of that construction.

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2004 DSM ShootOut topic #702 Previous topic | Next topic