Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #650
View in linear mode

Subject: "AMM (All Motor Mike)" Previous topic | Next topic
FotowntalonMay-14-11 12:08 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#650, "AMM (All Motor Mike)"

Mid march I sent All Motor Mike a stock lower intake manifold (for the core) and paid $450.00 to have him make it into his custom ported awesomeness. He informed me he was really swamped so it would be more like 3-5 weeks to complete.

With little contact I finally hear from him April 6th, in a message stating he has been very busy, but plans to start the manifold along with 3 others next week, and have them finished the following week. I waited till May 6th(a month later), and had yet to hear anything so tried to contact him via text messaging. After 2 days of no response. I have begun to become concerned. I have PMed him on Neons.org and DSMTuners, e-mailed him as well as calling him daily (no answers). I plan on posting this on Neons.org as well next week were he is a supporting vendor if I still have yet to hear back from him. Extremely disappointed in this matter.

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Moderatorteklein, May-14-11 12:15 PM, #1
RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), AdministratorCODE4, May-14-11 01:19 PM, #2
RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Fotowntalon, May-14-11 02:21 PM, #3
      RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), AdministratorCODE4, May-15-11 09:47 AM, #4
           RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Moderatorteklein, May-15-11 09:50 AM, #5
                RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Slo2g, May-15-11 06:26 PM, #6
                     RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Fotowntalon, May-15-11 10:01 PM, #7
                          RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), AdministratorCODE4, May-16-11 03:30 PM, #8
                               RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Fotowntalon, May-16-11 09:40 PM, #9
                                    RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Fotowntalon, Jun-02-11 09:44 PM, #10
                                    RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Moderatorteklein, Jun-02-11 09:47 PM, #11
                                         RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Fotowntalon, Jun-03-11 12:26 AM, #12
                                              RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Fotowntalon, Jun-13-11 11:22 AM, #13
                                                   RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), 740 turbo brick, Jun-13-11 01:49 PM, #14
                                                        RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Fotowntalon, Jun-13-11 05:12 PM, #15
                                                             RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Moderatorteklein, Jun-26-11 12:17 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), TeamDR1665, Jun-26-11 01:04 PM, #17
                                                                  RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), Fotowntalon, Jun-26-11 03:20 PM, #18
                                                                       RE: AMM (All Motor Mike), AdministratorCODE4, Jun-26-11 06:33 PM, #19
                                                                            FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!, Fotowntalon, Jun-28-11 12:11 PM, #20
                                                                                 RE: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!, AdministratorCODE4, Jun-28-11 01:48 PM, #21
                                                                                      RE: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!, Moderatorteklein, Jun-28-11 02:01 PM, #22
                                                                                      RE: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!, AdministratorCODE4, Jul-19-11 05:09 PM, #24
                                                                                      RE: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!, Fotowntalon, Jun-28-11 10:02 PM, #23

ModeratortekleinMay-14-11 12:15 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#651, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 0

Damn. Sorry to see his back to his old shenanigans.

Best of luck.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4May-14-11 01:19 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#652, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 0
May-14-11 01:20 PM by CODE4

Post in his Supporting Dealer section. That way it is public and the moderators/admins over there see it as well. Additionally, did you pay him up front?

No one should ever do that, especially with the review I gave him after my situation. Check a few threads down to read about my past history with this jackass if you have not already.

---

2012 2500HD LML

FotowntalonMay-14-11 02:21 PM
350 posts,
#653, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah I saw that, but thought it was a few years ago, things had been going smooth, and he seemed better. Was really dumb of me to do regardless, only time I ever have. I am confident I will get a part or my money back eventually(hopefully this year), with as much money as he makes by doing this, I doubt he can risk to much reputation damage. Just sad something like this happens with someone who has such a monopoly on a needed product for our cars. Should of just had someone send em the measurements for their AMM IM, and paid someone local to fab it up for me.

"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

AdministratorCODE4May-15-11 09:47 AM
2552 posts,
#654, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 3

Well, hopefully this will deter others from giving him any business in the future. His ability to remain in contact with customers swings continually, depending on how many people he is dodging (read: how many individuals' payments he has in his pocket without delivering). Over on Neons, people are asking about his whereabouts as he does not sign on for periods of time, does not reply to PMs, or emails. No phone calls answered, etc.

Unfortunately, like you said, when he does deliver a product it is such high quality and has little competition that people risk a lot to have such a product.

---

2012 2500HD LML

ModeratortekleinMay-15-11 09:50 AM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#655, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 4

Post here Fotown:

http://forums.neons.org/viewforum.php?f=107

Slo2gMay-15-11 06:26 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#656, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 5

602-423-7540
His phone number copied and pasted from Neons.org

FotowntalonMay-15-11 10:01 PM
350 posts,
#657, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 6

Aye, I have it in my phone (after all I have been calling and text messaging him :p ) Every time I call it rings 1-3 times then says that either the phone is off or the customer is out of service range. Think I might try from my friends phone tomorrow.

AdministratorCODE4May-16-11 03:30 PM
2552 posts,
#658, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 7

Read: http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=379238

His # is 623-806-5003.

---

2012 2500HD LML

FotowntalonMay-16-11 09:40 PM
350 posts,
#659, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 8

Just herd from him today here is the message

"im here, i just havent gone on in a while. there are alot of people waiting believe when i say that. i took on to much work and now there are alot of unhappy people. urs just needs to be resurfaced and then shipped. the reason its not ready along with alot of other is to be completely honest with u....... im and strapped for cash right now. and im not going to take on any more work for money to put my self further in the hole. well i gotta go check the org now to see how many pissed off people. give me a little more time please. oh and i got a new number 623-806-5003

mike "

Makes me feel a lot better to get some contact. I am hoping this matter will be closed soon.

FotowntalonJun-02-11 09:44 PM
350 posts,
#660, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 9

Just herd from him today, he told me that its finished and just needed my address to ship it out, hopefully will have the matter closed in a week or two.

ModeratortekleinJun-02-11 09:47 PM
1699 posts,
#661, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Fotowntalon
Just herd from him today here is the message "im here, i just havent gone on in a while. there are alot of people waiting believe when i say that. i took on to much work and now there are alot of unhappy people. urs just needs to be resurfaced and then shipped. the reason its not ready along with alot of other is to be completely honest with u....... im and strapped for cash right now. and im not going to take on any more work for money to put my self further in the hole. well i gotta go check the org now to see how many pissed off people. give me a little more time please. oh and i got a new number 623-806-5003 mike " Makes me feel a lot better to get some contact. I am hoping this matter will be closed soon.

LOL! You will be driving to AZ and paying for it to be surfaced yourself.

FotowntalonJun-03-11 12:26 AM
350 posts,
#662, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 11

He better ship it, mainly because I had some in-laws visiting AZ this past week and I thought about trying to get his address to have them pick it up :p

FotowntalonJun-13-11 11:22 AM
350 posts,
#663, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 12

Been 11 days since he said it was ready to ship, have left messages on both neons.org and DSMtuners, and text him, still waiting to see. Saw he has some pissed off people on neons.org. Guess we will see, I'll keep ya guys updated.

740 turbo brickJun-13-11 01:49 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#664, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 13

This definately sucks. This man can make probably the best alternative intake for an all motor 420A but he has the reputation and customer service of Howell Automotive.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

FotowntalonJun-13-11 05:12 PM
350 posts,
#665, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 14

Actually got a hold him him today. He said he would text me tracking number and that he is shipping out either Wednesday or Saturday.

ModeratortekleinJun-26-11 12:17 PM
1699 posts,
#666, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 15

Actually got a hold him him today. He said he would text me tracking number and that he is shipping out either Wednesday or Saturday.

So I take it that this never happened either?

TeamDR1665Jun-26-11 01:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#667, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 16

Blood from a stone.
Call Mike every day. Email him every day. Send him a text message every hour. Threaten him if you like. Make sure he knows how righteously pissed you are. Does any of that help? Not at all.

Fool me once, shame on thee, but fool me again...
I know Mike is a good guy who means well and takes a great deal of pride in his work. I also know where he lives and find myself over there in his neighborhood once or twice a month.

Unfortunately, I am in no position to help anyone with AMM dealings, as I might see Mike (face-to-face) two or three times a year at most. As much as I would like to help out, the simple fact of the matter is that I cannot have my name be associated with AMM. I cannot risk becoming a potential outlet for all the sad sack stories of people who bought from a guy who has consistently been unable to deliver. My days of getting involved on this front are over.

It's time 420A owners looking for a top quality intake manifold did the research, got the measurements (better yet, came up with their own), took a sketch, stock manifold, and $400 to a local fabricator and got shit done themselves.

90% of the people who buy AMM manifolds do not perform before-and-after dyno pulls to confirm anything. Yes. It is unfortunate to see people getting swindled like this, even if it IS unintentional, but I think the biggest reason why Mike keeps getting business on this front, despite his reputation, is because people are still too lazy to think for themselves.

Hope you don't take this personally, FoTown. As someone who once upon a time waited over seven months for custom pistons to show up from a now out-of-business shop in Chicago, I feel your pain. I wish there was something I could do to help, but the only thing that will help right now is for AMM to get more money to buy materials or pay for shipping or whatever, so he can live up to his end of the deals. No amount of outrage, yelling, screaming, phone calls, text messages, or private messages is going to accomplish anything.

Good luck.

FotowntalonJun-26-11 03:20 PM
350 posts,
#668, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 16

Was hopping to update with a "I HAVE IT!" Last Saturday (the 18th, not yesterday) I told him I would pay him for shipping if he got it out that day (was 90% sure that he wouldn't ship it for a while if I didn't). He invoiced me, but do to life reasons didn't get that paid till Sunday. Didn't hear from him till Wednesday saying He finally got it sent out, and was sorry but the shipping place was closed Sunday, and he couldn't get it out till today (today as in Wednesday)... I kind of find it unacceptable that I pay extra money to get it shipped out quick only for it to not be shipped out till Wednesday...

Anyways, with that message he sent me a tracking number, tried tracking number few times, but UPS (place he told he he shipped through)said the number didn't fit there format. I text him Friday saying the number he sent me didn't work and if he could re-send the tracking number, no response yet... Hopefully it will show up within the week, running out of time to install, get AFX dialed in and get the car on the dyno for the cam gears before the shootout. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

This whole experience is turning into a gigantic headache... I just hope in the end it will all be worth it.

AdministratorCODE4Jun-26-11 06:33 PM
2552 posts,
#669, "RE: AMM (All Motor Mike)"
In response to Reply # 18

This is his location, if it matters...

http://www.maricopa.gov/Assessor/ParcelApplication/Detail.aspx?ID=200-57-811

---

2012 2500HD LML

FotowntalonJun-28-11 12:11 PM
350 posts,
#670, "FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 19

Got it today. All in all, in eBay terms I would rate the feedback neutral. AMM is unprofessional, horrid communication and unable to meet deadlines. On the other hand, his product has no competition and stands alone. Also most importantly, at the end of the day he didn't run off, and I got my product. The whole experience could have been better, could have been way worse though to but in the end I am happy I got an amazing product. Consider this matter CLOSED!

AdministratorCODE4Jun-28-11 01:48 PM
2552 posts,
#671, "RE: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 20
Jun-28-11 01:52 PM by CODE4

All in all, in eBay terms I would rate the feedback neutral. AMM is unprofessional, horrid communication and unable to meet deadlines.

Sounds like a negative feedback to me, regardless if you received product.

I hope no one else decides to perpetuate AMM's piss poor business practices.

FoTown: Did that supposed tracking number he sent you resemble the actual one on the package? Or did he fabricate a tracking number just to satisfy you/shut you up temporarily? I am really curious about that one.

If someone is going to make up a tracking number, at least have the intelligence to create one that fits the shipping company's proprietary format.

---

2012 2500HD LML

ModeratortekleinJun-28-11 02:01 PM
1699 posts,
#672, "RE: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 21
Jun-28-11 02:04 PM by teklein

Originally posted by CODE4
Originally posted by Fotowntalon All in all, in eBay terms I would rate the feedback neutral. AMM is unprofessional, horrid communication and unable to meet deadlines.
Sounds like a negative feedback to me, regardless if you received product. I hope no one else decides to perpetuate AMM's piss poor business practices. FoTown: Did that supposed tracking number he sent you resemble the actual one on the package? Or did he fabricate a tracking number just to satisfy you/shut you up temporarily? I am really curious about that one. If someone is going to make up a tracking number, at least have the intelligence to create one that fits the shipping company's proprietary format.

Agreed.

Or you know, you *should* know its gonna take a while and never open your mouth.

Either way, congrats man.

AdministratorCODE4Jul-19-11 05:09 PM
2552 posts,
#674, "RE: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 22

Check out some of the more recent comments from Neon Owners.

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=361522&start=40

---

2012 2500HD LML

FotowntalonJun-28-11 10:02 PM
350 posts,
#673, "RE: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by CODE4
FoTown: Did that supposed tracking number he sent you resemble the actual one on the package? Or did he fabricate a tracking number just to satisfy you/shut you up temporarily? I am really curious about that one. If someone is going to make up a tracking number, at least have the intelligence to create one that fits the shipping company's proprietary format.

Just checked it out for you and out of my own curiosity, tracking number shows what he sent, but he left out last number, that's where I was getting error, still weird about ups site giving me formatting errors.

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #650 Previous topic | Next topic