Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #589
View in linear mode

Subject: ""concept illusions AGAIN"" Previous topic | Next topic
96eclipserstJan-09-08 06:06 PM
Member since May 02nd 2007
14 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#589, ""concept illusions AGAIN""

it seems that the only concept that's the fucking illusion is their knowledge on how to work on a goddamn car.
i had my eclipse in their shop over a year ago to have a performance engine put in..... thank christ the engine is alright. But their time, well anyway, i'll give them the fact that there was a lot to be done.... but the owner shaun quoted me two weeks...i got my car back in two months.... and as if the 4 hour drive from my house in lake ariel , PA isn't enough.... I had a early morning appointment.. got up at 6:30 with my dad.... drove out there and had to wait for someone to open the shop (for like an hour) only to be informed that my car was in fact not ready.... when it was told to me that it was.

on top of that you'd think the first concern of a true installer doing a performance engine with a turbo would be fuel management. They never even ASKED me if i wanted an FMU or anything.... a walbro 255L fuel pump and 38 lb injectors run fine on a stock NT ecu with turbo i guess... because not only did i lose my ability to accurately shift gears 30 mins after i left (due to their fuck up reconnecting the tranny when dropping in the new engine), but after being stuck in 4th gear, and going on the exit ramp for my town the whole car pretty much flooded out, backfired, and stalled.

wait, there's more... their piece of shit turbo kit.... has only 3 good things that are a garrett turbo and accel injectors with the walbro fuel pump, has a front mount intercooler with a piping set up that not only eliminates one of the cooling fans (umm... don't get it?), but also has the intake pipe to the intercooler touching the friggin downpipe with no room to adjust to separate the two! concept illusions is nothing but a buncha kids that screw around and like to shoot eachother with airsoft guns ( and yes they did it to eachother with me and my boy there when we picked up the car "the 2nd time") i don't see any customer service quality or any professionalism whatsoever.

i gave them 4,650 of MY money and over a year later my car is still in my back yard as i try to scrape around for a stupid stand alone system AND pay my bills. they totally threw the timing of my project off and i have a brand new 300+ hp engine and never had the chance to fully enjoy it.... THANKS-A-FUCKING-LOT!

stay away from concept illusions unless you want a nightmare. To all my fellow 2gnter's, i know this was a long episode of bitching but take it all in and use it to save yourself, your money, and your car!

even their manual boost controller that my idiot friend ordered looked like a fucking rifle shell with a spring on a screw (exaggerated) point is... that too was a piece of homemade shit.

-thanks to everybody with the patience to read this all the way through..... i posted it to SAVE anyone who reads it, that may be considering them as a source.

- James

"The car is only as fast as the driver is willing to go"

-Me (but im sure someone else has said it before)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #589 Previous topic | Next topic