Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #970
View in linear mode

Subject: "transmission problem" Previous topic | Next topic
luchinlbJul-07-03 11:47 AM
Member since Jul 03rd 2003
54 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#970, "transmission problem"
Jul-10-03 05:08 AM by JasonESi_T

Hi guys... i got my used 95 eclipse last week. The problem i'm having is that when i'm going to shift speed it is too mush hard...i need to press the clutch pedal to the top end and press it hard to be able to make the shift. I'm afraid to damage my trans.
Any suggestion....what can it be?

A guy told me that it can be trans liquid. I dont know wish one of the recipents is the one for tranny liquid....Can anyone tell me please. I dont recieved the service Manual for my car.

Other person told me that it can be a plate, or a flyweel something like that...

Please i need help. I need to repair this thing before my car goes to #"$&%$/&%$

(EDITED: the misspelling of "transmition" was too much for me to take)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: transmition problem, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-07-03 12:41 PM, #1
RE: transmition problem, luchinlb, Jul-07-03 02:08 PM, #2
      RE: transmition problem, bullox, Jul-07-03 02:40 PM, #3
           RE: transmition problem, luchinlb, Jul-09-03 01:28 PM, #4
                RE: transmition problem, bullox, Jul-09-03 03:23 PM, #5
                     RE: transmition problem, luchinlb, Jul-11-03 02:12 AM, #6
                          RE: transmition problem, StuartLowery, Jul-14-03 08:25 AM, #7

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-07-03 12:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#971, "RE: transmition problem"
In response to Reply # 0

If probably just the clutch hydralics - the master cylinder, slave cylinder, or both.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

luchinlbJul-07-03 02:08 PM
54 posts,
#972, "RE: transmition problem"
In response to Reply # 1

How can i check that.....please people help me...i`m a newbie here...i just know that this is the best place to ask questions about eclipses.

bulloxJul-07-03 02:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#973, "RE: transmition problem"
In response to Reply # 2

Here is your one free search, you'll want to take advantage of this feature in the future. There are THOUSANDS of posts that ask every single question you will ever have for your 2GNT, all at your hands thru the search function.

First things first, try bleeding the clutch hydraulics.

Myke's writeup:

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=33900&mesg_id=33900&listing_type=search

This is a very easy process, even when doing it alone. Our stock clutch line is mostly rubber, which tends to break down after years of torture. A good replacement is RRE's (www.roadraceengineering.com) Braided Stainless Steel clutch line. This will nearly eliminate the mushiness of the clutch line (as long as it's bled correctly).

check this out first before buying a new Master or slave cylinder. I had similar symptoms to what you are experiencing and this solved the problem.

luchinlbJul-09-03 01:28 PM
54 posts,
#974, "RE: transmition problem"
In response to Reply # 3

Ok can anyone give a guide of how to Bleed my clutch please.
My car is a 95 eclipse non turbo
please help me...i`m going to send my transmition to hell if i dont fix this.

Also i need to know how to calibrate the clutch pedal...

bulloxJul-09-03 03:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#975, "RE: transmition problem"
In response to Reply # 4

did you read my post? click the link, it tells you how to bleed the clutch.

luchinlbJul-11-03 02:12 AM
54 posts,
#988, "RE: transmition problem"
In response to Reply # 5

yes sr...i read it...but i want to know how to calibrate the clutch too

StuartLoweryJul-14-03 08:25 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
43 posts,
#997, "RE: transmition problem"
In response to Reply # 6

You have no need trying to calibrate anything Just bleed it and it will set it's self up from there. It's easy to get to Lower front of tranny! Get under there and get to bleeding. I just did a tranny swap and I even changed all the clutch fluid so I just used a pressure bleeder and flushed it all out while I was at it.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #970 Previous topic | Next topic