Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #9100
View in linear mode

Subject: "need more power to wheels" Previous topic | Next topic
SloLoDSMOct-07-13 09:12 AM
Member since Jul 12th 2004
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9100, "need more power to wheels"

I need help finding a "great" trans. shop in South Florida, preferably the "Treasure Coast" area. I don't need a shop that can only replace, or repair, I have been through 4 manual transmissions. I need someone who can build a transmission with stronger parts, taller gears and weld the gears. I've spent to much money paying parts swappers!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: need more power to wheels, AdministratorCODE4, Oct-07-13 09:32 AM, #1
RE: need more power to wheels, Gruff511, Oct-07-13 11:22 AM, #2
      RE: need more power to wheels, SloLoDSM, Oct-10-13 06:41 PM, #3
           RE: need more power to wheels, SilvrEclips, Oct-29-13 07:00 AM, #4
RE: need more power to wheels, chipdogg, Mar-15-14 07:01 AM, #5
RE: need more power to wheels, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-15-14 07:02 AM, #6
      RE: need more power to wheels, chipdogg, Mar-15-14 07:23 AM, #7
           RE: need more power to wheels, iNoise, Nov-05-14 02:50 PM, #8

AdministratorCODE4Oct-07-13 09:32 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9101, "RE: need more power to wheels"
In response to Reply # 0

Not sure about local, but check out Doug at xtremefabrications.com.

He can build some transmissions. In had a 3.55 built by him for my 2.4 swapped Eclipse.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Gruff511Oct-07-13 11:22 AM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#9102, "RE: need more power to wheels"
In response to Reply # 1

so whats the weak parts of these transmissions? besides the stock clutch and no lsd

SloLoDSMOct-10-13 06:41 PM
Member since Jul 12th 2004
2 posts,
#9103, "RE: need more power to wheels"
In response to Reply # 2

I have replaced the clutch, with a stage 2 ClutchMaster. I was told by one of the mechanics an LSD was not necessary and has negative effects in most driving circumstances. I keep "shredding " gears. I was told a while ago of a company that rebuilds trans. with taller gears and welds them as we'll as shot peening. I however cannot find the site. I am looking for someone local and competent to do the job.

SilvrEclipsOct-29-13 07:00 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#9104, "RE: need more power to wheels"
In response to Reply # 3

How much power are you making. Something is causing your transmissions to fail. I blew the original one at 135K and Im somewhere around 375whp.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

chipdoggMar-15-14 07:01 AM
Member since Oct 28th 2012
44 posts,
#9108, "RE: need more power to wheels"
In response to Reply # 0

I can rebuild it, I'm not local but have shipped all over the US and Canada no problem. To start with, you'd want a gearset from the newer Neons/PT cruisers which are made from stronger steel and the teeth for 1st and 2nd are wider.

You'll also definitely want an LSD. Night and day difference over stock differential.

Also, where are you getting your transmissions? Used unknown ones from a junkyard? Or are they rebuilt?

AdministratorCODE4Mar-15-14 07:02 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#9109, "RE: need more power to wheels"
In response to Reply # 5

Read the post dates.

---

2012 2500HD LML

chipdoggMar-15-14 07:23 AM
Member since Oct 28th 2012
44 posts,
#9111, "RE: need more power to wheels"
In response to Reply # 6

Who knows, he may still be looking or may have blown up another one?

iNoiseNov-05-14 02:50 PM
Member since Dec 17th 2009
47 posts,
#9125, "RE: need more power to wheels"
In response to Reply # 7

I actually live in the treasure coast area.

I take all my stuff to Fast Eddy's shop, hes a renown racer. Currently holds record for fastest NA car i believe...Anyways...

His shop is on Village Green Dr. in port saint lucie. He may be able to do all that you need.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #9100 Previous topic | Next topic