Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8994
View in linear mode

Subject: "Blown Tranny..??" Previous topic | Next topic
AerenOct-15-12 04:33 PM
Member since Jan 18th 2009
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8994, "Blown Tranny..??"

Hi guys, first of all i wanna thank you guys for setting up this forum because it already helped me with a lot of issues.

Im from the Netherlands, so please dont judge my english writing..
its not the best of the best but we have no dutcheclipse 420a forum
so i have to find my awnsers here..

now i,ll start from the beginning cause i have no clue what my problem might be..

i think i f#cked up my tranny clutch whatever or whatever..:S

i was racing on the highway with a friend of mine and i was in 5th gear with 150kmh he was passing me by and i wanted to F#ck his civic up.. so i whent back to my 3th gear and with full trottle i wanted to get him.. but my car was getting a kick and hitting to its rev limit 7200 and i had no power anymore.. when i shifted back to what gear and press the gas it was only revving up and no power like it was in neutral..

so when i pulled over i checked somethings..
1: There was no stinky burned clutch smell..
2: it still shifts smoothly in every gear and reverse..
3: if i lift me clutchpedal my car moves very slowly backward in reverse and forwards in all the other 5 gears..
4: if i put it in gear and give press the gaspaddle it only revs like its in neutral but if i let the gaspaddle come up extremely slow it will make some speed max 60kmh but this will take maybe 5 min or so and only on the highway.. (no stinky burned smell if i drive)
5: i have almost no pressure on my clutchpaddle..

Do you guys have any idea..?? were to look first

Thanks i would like to hear from you..
A desprate eclipse lover from the Netherlands..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MP90605Oct-15-12 05:04 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2012
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8995, "RE: Blown Tranny..??"
In response to Reply # 0

I had something similar happen to me and it turned out to be my clutch fluid container was empty. So check that and all of the clutch fluid hoses. Also check ur linkage cable. Its under the battery housing bracket.

Reach for the stars so if you fall you fall on a cloud

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-16-12 08:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#8996, "RE: Blown Tranny..??"
In response to Reply # 1

You probably broke your clutch.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratorbullettdsmOct-18-12 02:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#8997, "RE: Blown Tranny..??"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DarkOne
You probably broke your clutch.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

chipdoggOct-28-12 07:56 AM
Member since Oct 28th 2012
44 posts,
#9000, "RE: Blown Tranny..??"
In response to Reply # 0

Its the clutch. If it happens in every gear, it's usually not the trans unless your diff grenaded, but then it'd be obvious. The fact that the car still attempts to move in all gears points right at the clutch. The clutch will still engage if you have no fluid in your reservoir since that is for disengaging the clutch to shift.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8994 Previous topic | Next topic