Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8843
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help with wierd clutch issue...." Previous topic | Next topic
CyexmasterOct-16-11 09:27 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8843, "Help with wierd clutch issue...."

Heres the clutch setup to start with:

Full conversion to non-modular

95 Neon flywheel

Clucth Net Red Press Plate

ACT 6 Puck solid clutch...

Here's what happened I did a pull from 2nd rolling all good...

Next pull rolling on 2nd but this time I popped the cluth to get the engine reving faster... so when I go to 3rd the car just reved like crazy but almost no acceleration and I didn't feel wheel spin. So I guessed it must have been the clutch slipping... So I rolled it again without popping the clutch and it didn't do it... And I also tried doing it popping the clutch and nothing it didnt do it again...

Could I be having clutch issues if the clutch setup has less than 7k on it?

Dunno what to do or check to make sure any suggestions are welcome.

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

freakingbori617Oct-17-11 08:12 AM
Member since Jul 19th 2009
80 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8845, "RE: Help with wierd clutch issue...."
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, you can have problems with only 7k on a clutch especially depending on driving style and abuse. I dont fully understand your issues So when you shift normally the clutch is fine? And when you pop the clutch doesnt seem to put power down?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420agreenvilleSCOct-17-11 10:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8846, "RE: Help with wierd clutch issue...."
In response to Reply # 1

could be one of two things:
1. heat (let it cool)
2. not enough on the pressure plate. Thats why i hate mix/matching discs and shit. too many variances to account for and make a potential mistake with.

you probably just heat soaked it. let it cool

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

CyexmasterOct-18-11 07:02 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
#8852, "RE: Help with wierd clutch issue...."
In response to Reply # 2

I will keep an eye on it and see what happens.... thanxs for the advice

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

iNoiseOct-30-11 09:25 AM
Member since Dec 17th 2009
47 posts,
#8868, "RE: Help with wierd clutch issue...."
In response to Reply # 3

Any possible leaks getting into the clutch?

ModeratorbullettdsmNov-02-11 04:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#8869, "RE: Help with wierd clutch issue...."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
you probably just heat soaked it. let it cool

^^This and this;

Originally posted by iNoise
Any possible leaks getting into the clutch?

Just keep an eye on it.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8843 Previous topic | Next topic