Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #879
View in linear mode

Subject: "What is the best clutch?" Previous topic | Next topic
TJEclipseJun-22-03 02:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1000 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#879, "What is the best clutch?"

I think my clutch is about to go out. The reason why I say this is because when I shift from 1st to 2nd, it is extremely hard to get it to go into gear. When I race my car, I find it extremely hard to get my car to shift period. I havent raced it in a long time, to try to prevent it from going out faster, but I just know that it is going to go sometime soon. What is the best clutch to get for the money?

TJ

RIP Mama 7/13/04
TJEclipse@gmail.com
Just Bring it, Jabroni

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

siueclipseJun-22-03 06:05 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#880, "RE: What is the best clutch?"
In response to Reply # 0

i really like my clutchmasters stage 3 but i hear a stage 4 is better for massive power, (like what im going for)

James

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TJEclipseJun-23-03 06:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1000 posts,
#890, "RE: What is the best clutch?"
In response to Reply # 1

Well, As of right now I dont have the money to get turbo or supercharged. I just want something that can get me off the line better and will out preform my old clutch. I want to do the restricter mod, but I dont have the time. I just want some options. Thanks

TJ

RIP Mama 7/13/04
TJEclipse@gmail.com
Just Bring it, Jabroni

BlmetJul-22-03 11:02 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2002
328 posts,
#1021, "RE: What is the best clutch?"
In response to Reply # 2
Jul-22-03 11:08 PM by Blmet

A slipping clutch would not cause you to have a hard time shifting into second gear. Either your syncro is going or the clutch is not totally disengaging from the flywheel. If second gear is the only gear giving you a hard time then it is prolly the syncro. As for racing it should take slightly more effort to shift when shifting at 7k rpm opposed to your normal 3k as your trannies internals are accelerate/decelerate faster.

MotoFoolJul-24-03 11:52 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#1044, "RE: What is the best clutch?"
In response to Reply # 3

if your looking for a new clutch i have modular stage 2 half organic and half fibertuff clutchs

or stage 2.5 full fibertuff(replacement for kevlar) that would be perfect for ya...

im the only guy that provides a 6month warranty on my clutches as long as the break in procedure was followed...

Bill

if u need pics and info i can provide them...

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

EclipseRSTAug-09-03 09:02 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#1141, "RE: What is the best clutch?"
In response to Reply # 4

I bought by stage 3 from Motofool. It goes in the car next Wednesday thanks to the morons at the shop who can't seem to give correct appointment times .

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #879 Previous topic | Next topic