Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8492
View in linear mode

Subject: "Non-modular clutch install help...." Previous topic | Next topic
CyexmasterJun-02-10 06:05 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8492, "Non-modular clutch install help...."

I already have the flywheel bolted down what I need to know is how can I align the clutch properly, my disc did not come with the alignment pin... where could I get one, the dealer?

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Ebster1085Jun-02-10 08:15 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8493, "RE: Non-modular clutch install help...."
In response to Reply # 0

If you don't have an alignment tool, you could probably get away with using a broom handle or similar substitute.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorbullettdsmJun-02-10 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#8494, "RE: Non-modular clutch install help...."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Ebster1085
If you don't have an alignment tool, you could probably get away with using a broom handle or similar substitute.

Yeah, I actually eyeball it when I don't have one. But you could get a piece of dowell or something that is just shy of the diameter of the inside of the disc, then align it with that.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

RoninEclipse2GJun-02-10 01:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#8495, "RE: Non-modular clutch install help...."
In response to Reply # 2

Parts stores often rent a universal alignment tool.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

CyexmasterJun-03-10 04:57 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
#8497, "RE: Non-modular clutch install help...."
In response to Reply # 3

thanxs for the help...

I will try the broomstick method first and see how it goes.

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8492 Previous topic | Next topic