Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8459
View in linear mode

Subject: "ATX to MTX speed sensor problems" Previous topic | Next topic
susafussMay-10-10 06:06 PM
Member since Feb 24th 2005
200 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8459, "ATX to MTX speed sensor problems"

Hey all, bunch of my friends and i last month swapped my atx to a mtx and i am having problems with my speed sensor. I bought a wire harness from someone and wired it up according to the how to on here but i wired it up according to the post i found on her along time ago and it does not work.

I did it like this...
from sensor to lower plug on ecu
-yellow ---- yellow
-black/green ----- black/green
-yellow/white ----- yellow/white

Now i also have a 97 and the trans computer is still hooked up and under the dash in front of the center column, does that need to be removed? I tried three different sensors on the car(all were used though) but before i go out and buy a brand new one i just want to make sure i am not overlooking anything.

I am getting two cels one for speed sensor and one for Solenoid.

thanks,
kevin

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

420agreenvilleSCMay-10-10 07:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8461, "RE: ATX to MTX speed sensor problems"
In response to Reply # 0

TCU needs removed. Check out the wiki on this "ATMT"

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

susafussMay-10-10 09:02 PM
Member since Feb 24th 2005
200 posts,
#8462, "RE: ATX to MTX speed sensor problems"
In response to Reply # 1

Read the wiki, that was my howto for the swap. No where did it say to remove it.

But i will pull it to see if that works, thanks.

jjw205May-30-10 04:43 PM
Member since Jun 12th 2006
12 posts,
#8485, "RE: ATX to MTX speed sensor problems"
In response to Reply # 0

Yea, when I tried this the other day, I spliced those three wires like he did, and after that the car would just crank but not start for some reason. I have my TCU removed though. So now I'm driving with no speedo. Idk what I'm doing wrong but it doesn't seem complicated...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8459 Previous topic | Next topic