Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8313
View in linear mode

Subject: "AT 2 MT speed sensor problem" Previous topic | Next topic
jmumieNov-13-09 07:34 PM
Member since Nov 13th 2009
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8313, "AT 2 MT speed sensor problem"

Great forum,glad to join.here is the problem,did the swap,auto to manual,wired in the speed sensor,but can't get the speedo to work,pulled the sensor,switched it with new no,still no luck.I kept the auto ECU,and it still has auto cluster,could either one be the problem??Hope some can give some help.The car starts up,runs fine,shifts fine,but no speedo.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: AT 2 MT speed sensor problem, 420agreenvilleSC, Nov-14-09 12:09 AM, #1
RE: AT 2 MT speed sensor problem, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Nov-15-09 06:41 AM, #2
RE: AT 2 MT speed sensor problem, jmumie, Nov-15-09 08:44 AM, #3
      RE: AT 2 MT speed sensor problem, davidaham, Apr-11-10 01:18 PM, #4
           RE: AT 2 MT speed sensor problem, baconater3000, Jun-14-10 12:29 AM, #5
                RE: AT 2 MT speed sensor problem, 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-14-10 02:20 PM, #6

420agreenvilleSCNov-14-09 12:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8314, "RE: AT 2 MT speed sensor problem"
In response to Reply # 0

make sure the speed sensor's wired correctly. also, make sure and remove the TCU

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-15-09 06:41 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#8315, "RE: AT 2 MT speed sensor problem"
In response to Reply # 1
Nov-15-09 06:42 AM by Star Turbo Talon

You need a manual ECU.

You can use the auto ECU but Why?

Make sure the Speed sensor has a 9v wire, ground and the ECU signal wire is wired to the correct pin on the ECU.

jmumieNov-15-09 08:44 AM
Member since Nov 13th 2009
2 posts,
#8317, "RE: AT 2 MT speed sensor problem"
In response to Reply # 1

I removed the TCU when I installed the shifting cables,but for some stupid reason,I put it back in.I only remembered when you asked if it was removed.That was a customers car.Thanks guys.Will be posting shortly on my build.It's a 95 GS with a 420A,the engine was built by Howell Automotive as a Short Block and then assembled in house. It has JE 8:6:1 comp pistons and Eagle rods, the block is bored out to 20 over.It has a Hahn Race craft Port fueler system,it has 550cc s on top of the stock 270cc injectors.The head was fully ported,posished with Crower stage 2 cams,didn't figure out what springs,and valves to use yet,but will have it together soon.

davidahamApr-11-10 01:18 PM
Member since Jan 19th 2009
2 posts,
#8447, "RE: AT 2 MT speed sensor problem"
In response to Reply # 3

i did this swap over a year ago. i got the reverse lights to work but are unable to get the speedometer to work. the at/mt swap by Corbin is a GREAT guide one of the best i have seen yet. but there still needs to be a little more insight on the wiring. my 97 eclipse has 4 plugs 2 small and 2 big. his guide shows to have 1 big 4 small. for instance his guide shows that the reverse light wiring consist of 1 red/wire and one black wire/white stripe. and on my car it is one red wire/blue stripe and the black wire/white stripe. i am not sure if the year of the car will change the wiring colors are not. if any one has successfully did the swap and got the wirring figured out please send me an massage.

baconater3000Jun-14-10 12:29 AM
Member since Aug 11th 2009
104 posts,
#8509, "RE: AT 2 MT speed sensor problem"
In response to Reply # 4

im still working on this swap but i cant get my axles in the damn trans....But mine has one big plug...Assuming its for the TCU...Where is this thing located? its a 96gs auto if that helps

‹noboost› Four gee's and 63 years ago, our forefathers brought forth on this continent, a new dsm, concieved in Normal Illiniois...

Originally posted by barza21
barza + turbo = honda owning!!!!

420agreenvilleSCJun-14-10 02:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8510, "RE: AT 2 MT speed sensor problem"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by baconater3000
im still working on this swap but i cant get my axles in the damn trans....But mine has one big plug...Assuming its for the TCU...Where is this thing located? its a 96gs auto if that helps

rephrase your question.. doesnt make sense

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8313 Previous topic | Next topic