Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8203
View in linear mode

Subject: "New South Bend clutch installed, some ?'s" Previous topic | Next topic
TheRedBarrenOct-03-09 01:15 PM
Member since Oct 02nd 2007
61 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8203, "New South Bend clutch installed, some ?'s"

Hey guys

Yeterday I finished up my new clutch install. I upgraded from stock to a south bend stage 1 rally series clutch, new tob, ss clutch line, AMSOIL Synthetic Transmission Fluid ( https://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?GroupID=212 ), and the skateboard bearings for the hell of it. And I followed the clutch bleeding process here: http://www.teamrip.com/how_to_properly_bleed_a_hydraulic_clutch_info.html.

It shifts like butter, like a dream! However my concern is that the clutch pedal is *much* softer than that of the stock 212K mile clutch, even after all the new mods - ss clutch line etc. Is the pp on the rally clutch from south bend really that much lighter than stock? Or is this normal?

Thanks for your help!!!

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

420agreenvilleSCOct-03-09 01:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8204, "RE: New South Bend clutch installed, some ?'s"
In response to Reply # 0

normal. that's the beauty of the SB clutch

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GOct-03-09 01:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#8205, "RE: New South Bend clutch installed, some ?'s"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
normal. that's the beauty of the SB clutch

Every 420a that I've driven with an aftermarket clutch was softer at the pedal than stock. It used to annoy the crap out of me but I got used to it.

You have to get an outrageously strong pressure plate to have a stiff pedal and the only guys I know that need that mutch clutch are bullett and zero.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

420agreenvilleSCOct-03-09 04:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8206, "RE: New South Bend clutch installed, some ?'s"
In response to Reply # 2

not to take away from this thread but, if I push my clutch pedal as far as possible, the friction disks still somewhat pull the car forward. Almost as if the clutch pedal isn't down all the way, for lack of explaination.

yes i bled my clutch completely. I guess it'll go away.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

TheRedBarrenOct-04-09 03:25 AM
Member since Oct 02nd 2007
61 posts,
#8208, "RE: New South Bend clutch installed, some ?'s"
In response to Reply # 0

Thank you I figured so, but it didnt make sense being an aftermarket clutch. SBC FTW!

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8203 Previous topic | Next topic