Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7698
View in linear mode

Subject: "Could i use this transmission?" Previous topic | Next topic
thormx353Mar-09-09 08:47 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2008
62 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7698, "Could i use this transmission?"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220372138829&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

I know you can use neon tranny's, but I just want to make sure if I could use this or not

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Could i use this transmission?, adamzty, Mar-09-09 08:54 PM, #1
RE: Could i use this transmission?, thormx353, Mar-09-09 09:05 PM, #2
      RE: Could i use this transmission?, thormx353, Mar-09-09 09:09 PM, #3
           RE: Could i use this transmission?, adamzty, Mar-09-09 09:16 PM, #4
                RE: Could i use this transmission?, thormx353, Mar-09-09 09:33 PM, #5
                     RE: Could i use this transmission?, 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-10-09 09:45 AM, #6
                          RE: Could i use this transmission?, BK85, Apr-12-09 09:32 AM, #7
                               RE: Could i use this transmission?, 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-12-09 10:28 AM, #8
                               RE: Could i use this transmission?, AdministratorCODE4, Apr-12-09 10:44 AM, #9
                               RE: Could i use this transmission?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-12-09 11:03 AM, #10
                                    RE: Could i use this transmission?, bzoss, Jul-22-09 07:47 AM, #11
                                         RE: Could i use this transmission?, 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-22-09 04:19 PM, #12
                                         RE: Could i use this transmission?, bzoss, Jul-23-09 09:02 AM, #17
                                         RE: Could i use this transmission?, Moderatorteklein, Jul-22-09 06:16 PM, #13
                                              RE: Could i use this transmission?, 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-22-09 07:42 PM, #14
                                              RE: Could i use this transmission?, barza21, Jul-22-09 09:43 PM, #15
                                              RE: Could i use this transmission?, bzoss, Jul-23-09 09:01 AM, #16
                                                   RE: Could i use this transmission?, Moderatorteklein, Jul-23-09 10:24 AM, #18
                                                        RE: Could i use this transmission?, bzoss, Jul-23-09 11:19 AM, #19
                                                        RE: Could i use this transmission?, 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-23-09 01:59 PM, #20
                                                        RE: Could i use this transmission?, Purpose, Jul-31-09 08:46 AM, #21

adamztyMar-09-09 08:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7699, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 0

I am not completely certain, but I almost know for sure that only the 95-99 transmissions will work. That is a 2003 one. So I don't think so. Someone smarter than me will verify this.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thormx353Mar-09-09 09:05 PM
62 posts,
#7700, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 1

In the wiki it has some information on the neon transmissions and it goes up to 2003. so Im not sure.

thormx353Mar-09-09 09:09 PM
62 posts,
#7701, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 2

here is what I'm referring to. http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=NV-T350%20and%20Variants%20information

adamztyMar-09-09 09:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
219 posts,
#7702, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-09-09 09:18 PM by adamzty

Nevermind, I did some searching and it looks like it should work. Sorry I am a dumb ass...

thormx353Mar-09-09 09:33 PM
62 posts,
#7703, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 4

can anyone else confirm this just to be completely sure?

420agreenvilleSCMar-10-09 09:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#7704, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 5

it'll work. Just make sure it's not from a SOHC magnum cuz the final drive is the same as ours which would make this purchase pointless

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

BK85Apr-12-09 09:32 AM
Member since Oct 20th 2005
15 posts,
#7771, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
it'll work. Just make sure it's not from a SOHC magnum cuz the final drive is the same as ours which would make this purchase pointless

It may not be pointless. Maybe he is looking for better highway millage.

The SOHC tranny would give him a 3.55 final drive opposed to the DOHC 3.94.

Really need to know just he wants.

Anyway they both work. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BK85

420agreenvilleSCApr-12-09 10:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#7772, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 7
Apr-12-09 10:29 AM by 420agreenvilleSC

Originally posted by BK85
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC it'll work. Just make sure it's not from a SOHC magnum cuz the final drive is the same as ours which would make this purchase pointless
It may not be pointless. Maybe he is looking for better highway millage. The SOHC tranny would give him a 3.55 final drive opposed to the DOHC 3.94. Really need to know just he wants. Anyway they both work. Correct me if I'm wrong. BK85

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=NV-T350_and_Variants_information

the SOHC magnums HAVE the damn 3.94. WTF r u talking about

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

AdministratorCODE4Apr-12-09 10:44 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#7773, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 8

the SOHC magnums HAVE the damn 3.94. WTF r u talking about

+1

---

2012 2500HD LML

ModeratorbullettdsmApr-12-09 11:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#7774, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by BK85
It may not be pointless. Maybe he is looking for better highway millage. The SOHC tranny would give him a 3.55 final drive opposed to the DOHC 3.94. Really need to know just he wants. Anyway they both work. Correct me if I'm wrong. BK85

You're right and wrong, heh heh. As pointed out, the SOHC Magnum has the 3.94 (with the .81 as opposed to the .72) Whereas the SOHC is generally consided to have the 3.55 (except of course as noted previously).

Now did you guys ever think that MAYBE his transmission is bad and he needs another one? That would not make it a "pointless" purchase, lol.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

bzossJul-22-09 07:47 AM
Member since Jun 14th 2003
298 posts,
#8061, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 10

Bumping this topic to pose this question:

First, the chart is great.

Second, how would I know by looking at a transmission which one in the chart it is? As in, I am fumbling around a junk yard, litterally trip over a tranny that is an NV-T350. What else would I need to use to identify it to be one of the other transmissions listed in the chart. More specifically, the 3.55 final drive tranny.

Thanks for the help.

Built block.
Refinished head.
Tuned suspension.
TURBO.

420agreenvilleSCJul-22-09 04:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8062, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 11

look at the bellhousing. It looks slightly different. Also, look at the shift levers. Also, look on the gear box, look for a label.

bzossJul-23-09 09:02 AM
298 posts,
#8067, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 12

Are you saying that it will be specified somewhere what the final drive is on the transmission?

Built block.
Refinished head.
Tuned suspension.
TURBO.

ModeratortekleinJul-22-09 06:16 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#8063, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by bzoss
Bumping this topic to pose this question: First, the chart is great. Second, how would I know by looking at a transmission which one in the chart it is? As in, I am fumbling around a junk yard, litterally trip over a tranny that is an NV-T350. What else would I need to use to identify it to be one of the other transmissions listed in the chart. More specifically, the 3.55 final drive tranny. Thanks for the help.

Magnum SOHC will have an aluminum intake manifold and aluminum VC. R/T will also be stamped on the waterneck of the head. This is only for 2001+ btw.

1995 SOHCs will have an aluminum IM, but still 3.55, unless its an ACR. For it to be a SOHC ACR, it has to be four door, empty fog light holes on the front bumper, no side moulding, and a rear sway bar.

The other 3.55 SOHCs have metal VCs and plastic IMs for 95-99. 00+ SOHC have plastic VC's and plastic IM's.

In general, 95% of the SOHC Neons you will find are 3.55.

420agreenvilleSCJul-22-09 07:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8064, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by bzoss Bumping this topic to pose this question: First, the chart is great. Second, how would I know by looking at a transmission which one in the chart it is? As in, I am fumbling around a junk yard, litterally trip over a tranny that is an NV-T350. What else would I need to use to identify it to be one of the other transmissions listed in the chart. More specifically, the 3.55 final drive tranny. Thanks for the help.
Magnum SOHC will have an aluminum intake manifold and aluminum VC. R/T will also be stamped on the waterneck of the head. This is only for 2001+ btw. 1995 SOHCs will have an aluminum IM, but still 3.55, unless its an ACR. For it to be a SOHC ACR, it has to be four door, empty fog light holes on the front bumper, no side moulding, and a rear sway bar. The other 3.55 SOHCs have metal VCs and plastic IMs for 95-99. 00+ SOHC have plastic VC's and plastic IM's. In general, 95% of the SOHC Neons you will find are 3.55.

you're smart as fuck...

barza21Jul-22-09 09:43 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
#8065, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by teklein
Originally posted by bzoss Bumping this topic to pose this question: First, the chart is great. Second, how would I know by looking at a transmission which one in the chart it is? As in, I am fumbling around a junk yard, litterally trip over a tranny that is an NV-T350. What else would I need to use to identify it to be one of the other transmissions listed in the chart. More specifically, the 3.55 final drive tranny. Thanks for the help.
Magnum SOHC will have an aluminum intake manifold and aluminum VC. R/T will also be stamped on the waterneck of the head. This is only for 2001+ btw. 1995 SOHCs will have an aluminum IM, but still 3.55, unless its an ACR. For it to be a SOHC ACR, it has to be four door, empty fog light holes on the front bumper, no side moulding, and a rear sway bar. The other 3.55 SOHCs have metal VCs and plastic IMs for 95-99. 00+ SOHC have plastic VC's and plastic IM's. In general, 95% of the SOHC Neons you will find are 3.55.
you're smart as fuck...

Well... When you own a bunch of neons you are bound to know a lot.

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

bzossJul-23-09 09:01 AM
298 posts,
#8066, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 13

Let me rephrase the question.

There is a tranny sitting on the ground, not attached to a car nor is there an obvious way to figure out what it came from. The sticker identifying it is legible however. It does read NV T-350, then has many other numbers. My question, what should I look at (on the tranny only) to identify it as the 3.55 final drive?

Your info was helpful in any case. Just I don't have the car to look at.

Built block.
Refinished head.
Tuned suspension.
TURBO.

ModeratortekleinJul-23-09 10:24 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#8068, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by bzoss
Let me rephrase the question. There is a tranny sitting on the ground, not attached to a car nor is there an obvious way to figure out what it came from. The sticker identifying it is legible however. It does read NV T-350, then has many other numbers. My question, what should I look at (on the tranny only) to identify it as the 3.55 final drive? Your info was helpful in any case. Just I don't have the car to look at.

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=NV-T350_and_Variants_information

That link has already been posted in this thread. There are numbers to each of the transmissions.

bzossJul-23-09 11:19 AM
298 posts,
#8069, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 18

Okay, gotcha. So one of this serial numbers will be on the information sticker somewhere. Thanks!

Built block.
Refinished head.
Tuned suspension.
TURBO.

420agreenvilleSCJul-23-09 01:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8070, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 19

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/neonfsm/2000/EPL_21.pdf

page 2

PurposeJul-31-09 08:46 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2009
42 posts,
#8078, "RE: Could i use this transmission?"
In response to Reply # 18

That list is incomplete. There are also several other cars that share this same bolt patter, with similar gearing. The sohc 5sp stratus has the same mtx bolt pattern, with a cable driven clutch. This would not work on your car, solely because of the different clutch mechanism. You can swap bell housings to remedy the situation. The pt cruiser share the same bell housing as the n/a eclipse/talon/avenger, and will bolt up directly. This is not shown on the mtx chart here, but the pt cruiser also has a high torque rating (like the other 2001+ mtx's), but it has a .72 5th gear. These characteristic make it ideal for boosted applications, or those looking for a strong mtx that makes good mpg's. If the serial number is not on the list, there is a good chance is came from a dodge stratus,cirrus or pt cruiser.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7698 Previous topic | Next topic