Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7241
View in linear mode

Subject: "Trans Fluid" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTOct-13-09 07:53 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7241, "Trans Fluid"

Our local Mitsu dealer doesnt have any manual trans fluid, so I was checking to see if anyone knows if I can use Dextron 6 atf in the manual trans. I dont see why not, but wanted any input before I put it in there!

TIA.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Trans Fluid, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-27-08 09:41 AM, #1
RE: Trans Fluid, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-13-09 07:51 PM, #11
RE: Trans Fluid, Flipboi89, Jun-27-08 10:34 AM, #2
      RE: Trans Fluid, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-27-08 11:26 AM, #3
RE: Trans Fluid, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-13-09 07:52 PM, #12
      RE: Trans Fluid, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-01-08 04:49 AM, #4
      RE: Trans Fluid, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-03-08 02:48 PM, #5
           RE: Trans Fluid, keislij, Oct-13-09 07:53 PM, #
           RE: Trans Fluid, dalesmitsu, Oct-13-09 07:53 PM, #13
                RE: Trans Fluid, VTECKILLER, Jan-18-09 11:06 PM, #6
                     RE: Trans Fluid, Guinnesskhan, Feb-26-09 07:57 PM, #7
                          RE: Trans Fluid, Purpose, Oct-07-09 10:10 AM, #8
                               RE: Trans Fluid, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-07-09 11:11 PM, #9
                                    RE: Trans Fluid, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-08-09 11:11 AM, #10

RoninEclipse2GJun-27-08 09:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7242, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 0

come on mike. You're better than this.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=3574&mesg_id=3574&page=

Mopar ATF+4 go to walmart.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RoninEclipse2GOct-13-09 07:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#7244, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 1

It's stickied at the top of the NV-350 section

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

Flipboi89Jun-27-08 10:34 AM
Member since Oct 06th 2007
392 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7245, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 11

so get the atf+4 at like autozone? or go to a dealership and buy it from there?

Car Status: P0140 o2 circuit number bank 1 sensor 2 Cel. Ill fix it tomorow lol.

Estimated mileage on engine: 15,xxx

RoninEclipse2GJun-27-08 11:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#7246, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 2

satan will charge you ~$8-9 for a quart. walmart has it for under $5

Erik P.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-13-09 07:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#7252, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
WOW you got hosed!

I'd take NV-T350 fluid from the dealer over Mopar ATF+$ any day, just because that's how I am, but I'll use ATF+4 in a pinch if I can't *find* any of the Real Thing.

PS - you only need 2 quarts. I wouldn't buy an entire quart to use 1/10th of it.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-01-08 04:49 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#7253, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 12

No mike, just because the number is higher doesnt mean atf-6 has what aft4 has in it plus more...lol

New Venture now recommends ATF+4 and it comes in all their transmissions from the factory.

Places i have seen it for sale:
Walmart
Vatozone
Menards
They all range about 4.00-5.00 a quart.

ModeratorbullettdsmJul-03-08 02:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#7254, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by DarkOne
I'd take NV-T350 fluid from the dealer over Mopar ATF+$ any day, just because that's how I am, but I'll use ATF+4 in a pinch if I can't *find* any of the Real Thing.

X2

I know that Mitsu now recommends the ATF+4, but I just don't believe/trust them. Why have they made such a big deal out of the NV-T350 for so long and then all of the sudden its OK to use the ATF+4? Its OK, because the company wanted to streamline costs.

There have also been a couple comparison tests that rate the ATF+4 the lowest. They rated the Amsoil MTX up top and that is what I now use.

Here, have some fun reading;

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t=303706&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

keislijOct-13-09 07:53 PM
Member since Nov 26th 2008
46 posts,
#7463, "RE: Trans Fluid"

nobody is confused, the manual transmission can use mopar atf +4. there is a reason this is posted in the manual transmission section.

dalesmitsuOct-13-09 07:53 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#7465, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by shiano
Just because i think some people who don't know are going to get confused... The Automatic Trans take ATF+4 The Manual take the special fluid from the dealership labeled NV-T350 Fluid. I had issues with my NV-T350 because the kid who owned it before me put the wrong fluid in it.

I've seen mopar nv-t350 at Walmart, if this helps

VTECKILLERJan-18-09 11:06 PM
Member since Oct 23rd 2005
62 posts,
#7622, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 13

I dont trust nothing but the mopar fluid sorry guys had a buddy that ran the ATF 4 with high miles and new trans 3 weeks later lol maybe bc of miles also but had no since of going out before hand, my car also had issues when I bought it had wrong fluid in it would stay in 5th when I bought it wasnt but 2 weeks later 4th and 3rd had the issue
and come on you pay for like one time it shouldnt leak and just plug the axle holes when doing any services

DRIVE IT LIKE U STOLE IT

GuinnesskhanFeb-26-09 07:57 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2009
12 posts,
#7687, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 6

I have run BG Syncroshift for a couple years with no problems. Be prepared to pay for what you get though.

You can live without food for a couple weeks, live without water for a couple days, but you cannot live without hope for more than a couple seconds.

PurposeOct-07-09 10:10 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2009
42 posts,
#8215, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 7

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8176&mode=full

Just a warning for you guys.

Banned

420agreenvilleSCOct-07-09 11:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8235, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 8

you have no purpose.... purpose

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

RoninEclipse2GOct-08-09 11:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#8236, "RE: Trans Fluid"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
you have no purpose.... purpose

Except to annoy the shit out of us that know better.

Erik P.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7241 Previous topic | Next topic