Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4794
View in linear mode

Subject: "i think my transmission is done" Previous topic | Next topic
talonguy2005Oct-04-05 05:37 PM
Member since May 16th 2004
1473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4794, "i think my transmission is done"

Well, I was thinking my TOB was grinding for a little while, but now this horrible grinding type of sound is getting louder, and worse. I'm going to try and get a sound clip of the noise, but for now I'll try to describe it. It is pretty much just a loud grinding noise, that is pretty random, coming from the right side of the transmission, closest to the driver side wheel. It will make this noise in neutral, or in gear driving. The noise goes away when the car is stopped in neutral, and only with the clutch pressed in. The second you let it out it comes back, but if you are driving in gear and push in the clutch it will still do it. The only problem I have noticed with shifting so far, is if I push in the clutch and try to go into reverse within like 5 seconds it will grind like a mother. so i have to wait to put it in reverse for a little bit.

any opinions or ideas?

1992 Plymouth Laser
-Bone stock for now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BigRandOct-05-05 06:25 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2005
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4798, "RE: i think my transmission is done"
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds like my tranny, when you take it apart, you will notice 2 things. The plastic on the TOB is toast and melted. And the TOB probabaly is about to rip off the shaft that goes into the tranny. And you will have a nice shiny piece in a cylnder shape as a present. prepare for a new tranny. And possibly a new clutch. I replaced my TOB and and tranny again, and my car was sitting in the shop for a while, then I got it back for about a week, and then poof same thing again. Now I'm just replacing the clutch and everything else. I think it has something to do with the TOB not being put it properly or changing while its in that position. Still have no idea, but I do have the clutch company and the shop that sold me my "Action Stage 2 cluch" looking into the problem and they are helping me out when it comes to replacing it.

---------------------------------------
~Randy
99 GS(w/turbo)
285whp/300ft-lbs

Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/420aturbo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4794 Previous topic | Next topic