Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4359
View in linear mode

Subject: "141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45May-17-05 06:20 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4359, "141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?"

so my stock clutch finally died last week. my car's NT but i definately plan on turboing in the future but i can't really say when that might be. should i just get a stock replacement or go for something aftermarket? how big a price difference are we talking? also i don't think i'm gonna have time to do this one myself (though i'd like to) so how much am i looking at to get it replaced?

oh yea, anything else i should ask them to take a look at as far as the tranny while they've got it apart? i definately have that rattling noise when in neutral and i let out the clutch (goes away when i push in the clutch). that's prolly the TOB, right?

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?, MCubed45, May-17-05 06:41 PM, #1
RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?, CarbonFiberRST, May-17-05 10:21 PM, #2
      RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?, MCubed45, May-18-05 11:13 AM, #3
           RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?, DSM_John, May-19-05 03:35 AM, #4
                RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?, DSM_John, May-19-05 03:37 AM, #5
                     RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?, grain, May-19-05 09:51 AM, #6
                          RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?, MCubed45, May-19-05 03:09 PM, #7

MCubed45May-17-05 06:41 PM
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4360, "RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?"
In response to Reply # 0
May-17-05 06:46 PM by MCubed45

ok the shop called and they're estimating $476 for parts and $645 for labor. they're gonna be replacing the flywheel and clutch with an OE replacement kit from Luks. they're also gona be replacing my right inner axle seal at the same time (just starting to leak).

this shop does not do performance parts. are these prices reasonable for OE parts or should i look elsewhere?

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CarbonFiberRSTMay-17-05 10:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#4361, "RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?"
In response to Reply # 1

the labor is way high imo
got my clutch changed for 400 and you remove the axles when you drop the tranny but I bet they charge for that... i dunno man seems steep to me.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

MCubed45May-18-05 11:13 AM
2706 posts,
#4362, "RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?"
In response to Reply # 2

yea i see what you mean..

i priced OEM replacement kits online and they're asking about $200 over what i found it for. i think that's why they're being so difficult about me bringing in my own parts.

-marc

DSM_JohnMay-19-05 03:35 AM
Member since Jan 08th 2004
58 posts,
#4363, "RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?"
In response to Reply # 3

Mine just died at 140k and I'm going to put everything back together tomorrow. I got an OEM through my dad at Chrysler for $150, the prices you were quoted seem too high. Also, replace your rear main since it's right there. If you have another car or can go without one for a while and have the time, I say do this yourself. It isn't "hard", but tedious.

DSM_JohnMay-19-05 03:37 AM
Member since Jan 08th 2004
58 posts,
#4364, "RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?"
In response to Reply # 4

One more thing I forgot, the TOB came with the kit. Take a look if you go the OEM route. Good Luck.

grainMay-19-05 09:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#4367, "RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?"
In response to Reply # 5

im guessing everything is more expensive in hawaii

MCubed45May-19-05 03:09 PM
2706 posts,
#4368, "RE: 141k and my clutch is dead... stock or aftermarket?"
In response to Reply # 6
May-19-05 03:12 PM by MCubed45

Originally posted by grain
im guessing everything is more expensive in hawaii

yup. ironically even with two-day air shipping, it' s still cheaper to buy stuff online and have it sent here. better selection too.

which's the rear main that i should replace?

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4359 Previous topic | Next topic