Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3481
View in linear mode

Subject: ""broken" (??) PG Lsd, what would i see? i'm spinning one tire still...." Previous topic | Next topic
tim97rsSep-18-04 11:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3481, ""broken" (??) PG Lsd, what would i see? i'm spinning one tire still...."

i am suposed to have a PG lsd in my tranny, (i have no reason to not believe its there), however i am still spinning one tire. can this happen with a functionaly PG lsd?, if the lsd were broke, wouldn't i see or hear some tell-tale signs?

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-18-04 02:36 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3484, "RE: "broken" (??) PG Lsd, what would i see? i'm spinning one tire still...."
In response to Reply # 0

What trans do you have? our factory trans dint have a PG LSD at all. Tell tale signs would be chunks flying around your gearbox if you broke it. if it failing you can jack it up and spin the wheels in opposite directions while its in gear.

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Greddy header - Greddy exhaust

97 Eclipse
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges - 3" custom DP/Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

tim97rsSep-18-04 06:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#3489, "RE: "broken" (??) PG Lsd, what would i see? i'm spinning one tire still...."
In response to Reply # 1

its the nvt-350, i bouhgt it from another member who put the PG in there.
it runs fine with not troubles, other than when i got on it today, i left tire marks on the road from the passenger side only thru 1st 2nd and 3rd.

so...??????

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

grainSep-18-04 09:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#3490, "RE: "broken" (??) PG Lsd, what would i see? i'm spinning one tire still...."
In response to Reply # 2

burning out. good way to see if you have an lsd. cause you can see right into the tranny soon.

tim97rsSep-19-04 01:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#3491, "RE: "broken" (??) PG Lsd, what would i see? i'm spinning one tire still...."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by grain
burning out. good way to see if you have an lsd. cause you can see right into the tranny soon.

well, i wasn't doing to see if i had one, i was under the impression that i already did. it did it (much to my supprise) during a run, which set off my alarms as to why i would be spinning one tire if i had a PG lsd...

i wont be spinning them again!

is this a matter of if i had the PG i would not be spinning one tire without any other more serious signs of kaputness vs. if i didn't have it, thats why i am spinning since i have not other tranny issues?

its very early in the AM so i hope that makes sence.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3481 Previous topic | Next topic